It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You can call me Llama. I'm a long time visitor looking to add my thoughts and ideas into the mix. I joined because this is one of the few communities online that I found to be full of so many new and great ideas. In the search for knowledge it is always nice to know that there are many other scientists out there like us that are all looking for truth in this world we were born into. I can't wait to jump into the brainstorm and put our minds together. Peace be with you all and I hope to see you soon!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kingllama

Welcome.

Hope to see you on the boards.
beez

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

In the search for knowledge it is always nice to know that there are many other scientists out there like us that are all looking for truth in this world we were born into

You had me at scientists...

Enjoy your time here king - and remember to research before you lay claim...otherwise you're gonna be going against the grain.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
haha honestly I consider myself more of an alchemist because I have great respect for life and the world we live in and its a shame how reckless some science will go to prove the truth when we as humans cannot even begin to fully perceive the world for how it really is!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Llama. I'm not a big fan of scientists myself but to each their own. Just don't try to tell me how healthy vaccines or luminescent cats are and we'll get along just fine.

Enjoy and see you around.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
haha I won't I promise you. I'm just another curious cat out in the world. Never anything too ridiculous. I have some great ideas for top tier topics I cannot wait to start. This place is great!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I heard that one way of becoming more intelligent is to meditate. I am an engineering physicist and I believe our current science is just scratching the surface of any higher truth since it is one-dimensional and blindfolded in other dimensions. On the other hand I believe human beings have the potential to see other dimensions, and everyone can develop it with genuine cultivation practice.

I try to practice Falun Dafa Qi Gong every day and then improve my character along with the physical exercises. It will do wonders to your health and attitude, among many other things..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
welcome hommie.....

hope you enjoy us as much as us eachother.....

and we add 1 to the tally......nice

edit on 4-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I agree with what you said through my own personal experiences. I meditate frequently and it really is amazing how useful meditation becomes during normal parts of the day. It seems like I can slip in and out of different desired perceptions of reality at my own now. It's great because then you understand it really is all in the mind because our individual mind perceives all... And with our current amount of senses we can only perceive a limited spectrum of wavelengths, so who knows what is really out there. Growing up I would always find things like photographs trivial, but looking back with that knowledge makes me wonder how amazing it really is that our eyesight can be pretty near perfect. Or maybe the photograph perceives more than our actual eyesight does... Haha I love making sense of reality by drawing parallels.

Anyway I'm most excited to join this site because I'm really interested in discovering literature, favorites of like-minded people out there that they could recommend and pass along. Right now I've been reading the Bardo Thodol, otherwise known as the Tibetan Book Of The Dead... Super fascinating stuff that coincides with what I found to be closest to the truth of reality based on what I have learned over the years. This particular copy I found was written with forward by Timothy Leary and has a few chapters he dedicated to the breakdown of philosophy before the actual writings, going over aspects of the differences between 20th century western philosophy and eastern philosophy and how western philosophy has only started to grasp the realm outside of the political correctness stigma that haunts modern science... Super fascinating stuff.

Do any of you have recommendations for readings as well? Can't wait to hear what you recommend.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Please check out the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link, it is free to download.

That book sold in 100s of millions copies during the 1990s before the communists banned it, I guess they dont want to let Chinese people have a mind of their own..

Anyway, good luck with that book, the content is unique and covers supernormal powers, how to craise your mind and become a good person etc..

Wish you all the best!

/Gaussq

top topics

join