It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Republicans so concerned about what goes on in my bedroom?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Many of you sound like a group of cry-babies pouting because your boy got is clock cleaned last night (as predictable as that was!!).

Who said Santorum (or any other candidate) wants to control what you do in your bedroom? Please elaborate!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Because it's much more acceptable to disguise homophobia with religious belief.

We have to remember that these religious extremists are pretty messed up in the head. They believe and repeat selective sections of their holy book, while ignoring all the other little bits that they don't agree with. If it's all about faith, they should be following all the of the instructions in that book, but they somehow, conveniently, forget all the bits that inconvenience them and rant about all the bits that remarkably allow them to hate and victimize others!

It's primarily about control and the feeling of domination over others. These people are taught that THEY are better than other people, and because they are superior they have the right to control others who live lives that they might not agree with.
edit on 4-1-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you're a strong believer in both Testaments of the Bible, you have to be somewhat impressed by God's reaction to what the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were up to. It's a pretty dramatic story, and takes up a good bit of space in the Bible, where the inches of text are few and pricey.

One could certainly argue that here were a couple of towns out in the desert where people just minded their own business and could do pretty much whatever they wanted to as long as nobody cared. And God's response was to grind them into flaming powder.

What's the moral? Maybe it's that as far as God is concerned, there really are no private things that take place between two consenting perverted adults. It's God's business, and everybody's business in the long run, because what we're talking about is how a society and civilization functions and survives and prospers for the good of everybody. And when you get too wrapped up in the physicality of individual existence with the addictive activities of sex and vice and whatever, then your energy and resources are drawn in that direction and you lose sight of bigger, more important things like spirituality, citizenship, and community.

And in general, I would say that conservative Republicans place more value on the importance of groups (families, nations, churches, etc.) than they do on "freedom," or the selfish desires of individuals. So from their perspective it makes sense to be concerned about and try to control what you do with your bodies in "private."

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Because it's much more acceptable to disguise homophobia with religious belief.

We have to remember that these religious extremists are pretty messed up in the head. They believe and repeat selective sections of their holy book, while ignoring all the other little bits that they don't agree with. If it's all about faith, they should be following all the of the instructions in that book, but they somehow, conveniently, forget all the bits that inconvenience them and rant about all the bits that remarkably allow them to hate and victimize others!

It's primarily about control and the feeling of domination over others. These people are taught that THEY are better than other people, and because they are superior they have the right to control others who live lives that they might not agree with.
edit on 4-1-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

What you mean is that it is religious extremism to not want gay sex books going home in your kindergartner's book bags? It is not the place of public education to do this thing. I will withold what I think about people who supoort this insane nonsense.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

What's the moral? Maybe it's that as far as God is concerned, there really are no private things that take place between two consenting perverted adults. It's God's business, and everybody's business in the long run, because what we're talking about is how a society and civilization functions and survives and prospers for the good of everybody. And when you get too wrapped up in the physicality of individual existence with the addictive activities of sex and vice and whatever, then your energy and resources are drawn in that direction and you lose sight of bigger, more important things like spirituality, citizenship, and community.

Good point. Some people are all about collectivization until it comes to what personal vices they want to impose on everybody else and their children.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Which pieces of legislation was it again that Democrats introduced that allows us to be more free and independent of government controls? Please link them below. Thanks!

/TOA

ToA, how does that address the OP? That's what the Nazis did when pressed about their genocide, they RIGHTLY claimed that America did it with the American Indians... said "they did it too".
Dija answer why the Republicans care what folks do with one another out of the public's eye?

As for the OP's question, the religious right, you know those happy go lucky folks who BELIEVE in virgin births and zombies, HATE the idea of sex. It is always nose to the grindstone, guilt and shame with that bunch. It should be really, it isn't like they are a band of red hot lovers there!

Derek
edit on 4-1-2012 by Viesczy because: Spelled virgin when an E!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

We have to remember that these religious extremists are pretty messed up in the head. It's primarily about control and the feeling of domination over others. These people are taught that THEY are better than other people, and because they are superior they have the right to control others who live lives that they might not agree with.

You think religious extremists are messed up in the head? How messed up in the head must a man be to allow another man to bend him over?

I really don’t care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home but why the need to impose it on others and try to make it socially acceptable?

Founding father John Adams said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people." The left in this country are trying their best to impose their immoral activities on the rest us and they attempt to use the constitution to justify it!! Doesn't make much sense to me!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by seabag

It's amazing that people would like to go back to the America of the founding fathers. Slavery, no rights for women, no rights for religious minorities etc.

People really need to get over their aversion to sex and different kinds of it. There is no concentrated movement to turn straights into gays. There is one by the religious folk to turn gays back straight however, kind of ironic.

In any case, this is 2012, not 1856. The ideals of those days would NOT work in today's society, except for the whole constitution thing. Which in all honesty would make it very difficult for somebody of your mentality to impose your ideals upon the populace, as it is very much about individual rights and not group rights.

~Keeper extra DIV

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's amazing that people would like to go back to the America of the founding fathers. Slavery, no rights for women, no rights for religious minorities etc.

OH COME ON!!!
You can do better than that fallacious argument. There is nothing outdated about what John Adams said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people."

What’s amazing to me is that some people try to make society believe that every sick, depraved bit of behavior someone can dream up is acceptable. These acts have NEVER been socially acceptable. Nobody is stopping you from doing it but that doesn’t mean you’re going to get a pat on the back for it!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Good point. Some people are all about collectivization until it comes to what personal vices they want to impose on everybody else and their children.

Well, hopefully that's where the public debate process and a legal system comes in. People obviously still have different opinions about where they want to draw a particular legal line such that it matches their moral standards, and that ultimately has to do with how you see your fellow humans. Are they inherently bad, one step up from animals, who will hurt you or your family or country to get what they want? Or are people ultimately good, and will see the obvious benefits of the Golden Rule and cooperating for mutual benefit?

Personally, it depends what day of the week it is for me. I think that the combination of two arguably good things -- individual intellectual freedom, and love for our families -- will doom us all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

reply to post by seabag

You misunderstand what they are saying. They want to return to Constitutional principles.

The Constitution gives rights to religious minorities. The first amendment takes care of it.

The Constitution says everyone is equal, including women. When the courts finally got around to it, they used Constitutional language to justify giving women the right to vote. The whole equal rights for everyone thing is based on the Constitution. 13th, 15th, and 19th amendments clarify that.

With an amendment, the Constitution outlaws slavery. If they hadn't compromised originally, there would have been NO country, but the Founding Fathers, including the slave owners, knew it was doomed and Jefferson, in particular, knew they had put off a problem their sons would fight a war over. They passed the buck to the next generation. This also, BTW, was an institution gifted to us by the British.

So yes, I do want to go back to the America (i.e.: the government) of the Founding Fathes, WITH the amendments. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

My issue is and has been the social engineering being deliberately foisted upon us by the radicals. It really is such a simple thing if anyone really wants to be honest about it that it has been a deliberate agenda for the purpose of subverting society. I have posted many times the lectures of an ex KGB agent who exposed this deliberate means of the communists encroaching on us to achieve their goals. I'm sorry it's not a popular subject when so many individuals feel it is just a matter of rights, but therein lies the diabolical nature that the goal of communism is cloaked in a so-called defense of rights. The State really sacrifices individual rights and liberties for the good of the common, but they also take advantage of a free society in promoting any and all illicit ideas and practices. They just keep pushing the line. The man-boy love thing is a perfect example of pushing the line of rights till it comes down to perverting the child instead of upholding their purity and dignity. It's a clear example of exploiting the child for selfish ends.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

reply to post by seabag

You misunderstand what they are saying. They want to return to Constitutional principles.

The Constitution gives rights to religious minorities. The first amendment takes care of it.

The Constitution says everyone is equal, including women. When the courts finally got around to it, they used Constitutional language to justify giving women the right to vote. The whole equal rights for everyone thing is based on the Constitution. 13th, 15th, and 19th amendments clarify that.

With an amendment, the Constitution outlaws slavery. If they hadn't compromised originally, there would have been NO country, but the Founding Fathers, including the slave owners, knew it was doomed and Jefferson, in particular, knew they had put off a problem their sons would fight a war over. They passed the buck to the next generation. This also, BTW, was an institution gifted to us by the British.

So yes, I do want to go back to the America (i.e.: the government) of the Founding Fathes, WITH the amendments.

I second that but without the Progressive income tax and the Federal reserve Act. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
Republicans have bashed everyone for restricting their constitutional rights, however they are all for controlling or making unlawful what goes on in my bedroom. I do not understand this, if the sex act is between two consenting adults, where does anyone get off telling me I can't do it. This has got me totally baffled, if I was not trying to be politically correct on here, I would tell you what I truly think. Rick Santorum winning Iowa, and he believes that sodomy and birth control are things that should be outlawed, WTF, he and his wife have never had oral sex, and if that is the freaking case, I feel sorry for both of them. Get the hell out of my GD bedroom, and fix the freaking government of this country. HFS

Which pieces of legislation was it again that Democrats introduced that allows us to be more free and independent of government controls? Please link them below. Thanks!

/TOA

How bout we lose both parties, all it is, is a way to divide ourselves even more. It doesn't make sense to have parties, because in reality, you can't take 300 million people and divide them into two groups. There would have to be hundreds of parties to really represent the variety of opinions. And that doesn't make sense either. We should have no parties, we should judge someone based on their individual opinions, and not ones that are skewed to fit in line with the group. The party system is one of the biggest forms of groupthink there is and nobody even realizes it. We spend too much time trying to get this party in control, that party out of control, and fighting over useless crap.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Republican party could not care less what goes on in your bedroom, just as they don't give a flying pig about who has an abortion. They wouldn't care if 50% of all pregnant women have an abortion tonight.

It's all just voting strategies. They know there is a vast number of uneducated, controlling people who support this, and by publicly coming out in favor of these "morality issues" they maintain their votes.

That's all it is.

This is a party who only cares about power, money, and money and power, and keeping it in the 1%, as well as convincing the "little people", who vote for them, that they give a rats arse.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

link   
reply to post by seabag

lol.

Homosexuality was actually WIDELY accepted among most cultures until Christianity came along and decided it would be a good idea to make you ashamed of anything that isn't written in that pretty little book of theirs.

The fact of the matter is that America, nor is any country supposed to be a "Christian Nation". Furthermore, who are you, or anybody else for that matter to tell me what is moral?

Who gets to make those rules? I would like to think that as a society we are smart enough to decide on a personal level what is ok and what isn't. So long as you aren't infringing upon anybody's rights, why should you be looked down upon?

This whole moral judging of people is out of control, and really one the largest problems we have in today's world.

That problem being that some believe that so sanctimonious and have such better moral high ground that they can dictate to other people how to go about their lives.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   

Makes perfectly rational sense.

We must dictate behavior and meddle in personal lives so a phantom in the sky doesnt nuke us.

Yeah. That's taking the whole "rape you for the greater good" thing a tad off the chart.

So the dems restrict liberty to save us from paranoid fears and pre-crimes while the reps are restricting liberty to protect us from biblical ghosts and unicorn magic.

Why the hell do I have to live under the rule of an idiot mass who buys into either flavors of this trash?

Who thought it was a good idea to put mental patients in charge of everything? Oh, that's right, other mental patients.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
The State really sacrifices individual rights and liberties for the good of the common, but they also take advantage of a free society in promoting any and all illicit ideas and practices. They just keep pushing the line. The man-boy love thing is a perfect example of pushing the line of rights till it comes down to perverting the child instead of upholding their purity and dignity. It's a clear example of exploiting the child for selfish ends.

I'm not sure there has been any large political push to bring back the days of ancient Greece and legalize sexual relationships between adults and minors of either sex. At the most basic DNA level, most people still define something as "good" as long as it promotes and doesn't interfere with people getting together, forming families, reproducing, and raising children in peace. Sex with minors doesn't encourage or promote that, and may actually be detrimental to it. So that will probably never gain any political traction.

(As a side note, I have a degree in Sociology, and you should realize that your belief that children are embodiments of "purity and dignity" is your opinion, and that children are in fact complex individual creatures with an entire range of behaviors and expressions -- including sexuality and amorality.)

In any event, the United States government was founded with the idea that freedom of speech should be limited as little as possible, because you never know where a good idea might come from. However, it also reserves the right of everybody as a group to tell the people with really bad ideas to go straight to hell.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by tothetenthpower

OH COME ON!!!
You can do better than that fallacious argument. There is nothing outdated about what John Adams said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people."

And then George Washington chimed in with a, "HERE HERE! Now where the devil is my nappy headed tractor?"

These acts have NEVER been socially acceptable.

I bet I know what class you failed.

Nobody is stopping you from doing it but that doesn’t mean you’re going to get a pat on the back for it!!

Well actually, this whole poorly initiated thread is about some nonsense that Santorum - google it
- may or may not have said about sodomy laws. This doesn't have to do with gay marriage, nor does it have to do with Dear Leader making it illegal to hate you some queers. Since nobody cited anything it's just become an ignoramus-fest in here:
"Gays need to stop being so damn gay"
"You should be more tolerant"
"You should be tolerant of my intolerance"
"Ignorance should not be embraced"
"They took yer job"
"Hur durrrrrrr"

The only reason I come to these threads is because ignorance is entertaining.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
No one cares what anyone does in their own bedroom.
They won't come get you for having a sex swing. lol

Oh but they used to.

LGBT has fought for bedroom rights. That's a fact.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join