It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Republicans so concerned about what goes on in my bedroom?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Republicans have bashed everyone for restricting their constitutional rights, however they are all for controlling or making unlawful what goes on in my bedroom. I do not understand this, if the sex act is between two consenting adults, where does anyone get off telling me I can't do it. This has got me totally baffled, if I was not trying to be politically correct on here, I would tell you what I truly think. Rick Santorum winning Iowa, and he believes that sodomy and birth control are things that should be outlawed, WTF, he and his wife have never had oral sex, and if that is the freaking case, I feel sorry for both of them. Get the hell out of my GD bedroom, and fix the freaking government of this country. HFS

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Because if they aren't getting any, then neither are you.

That's as simple as it comes.

Their wives aren't probably giving them any, because their too busy spending their checks.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Same reason the democrats are concerned with what goes on in my garage.

Fear is power when voters are morons.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No more religious leaders please

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
Republicans have bashed everyone for restricting their constitutional rights, however they are all for controlling or making unlawful what goes on in my bedroom. I do not understand this, if the sex act is between two consenting adults, where does anyone get off telling me I can't do it. This has got me totally baffled, if I was not trying to be politically correct on here, I would tell you what I truly think. Rick Santorum winning Iowa, and he believes that sodomy and birth control are things that should be outlawed, WTF, he and his wife have never had oral sex, and if that is the freaking case, I feel sorry for both of them. Get the hell out of my GD bedroom, and fix the freaking government of this country. HFS

Which pieces of legislation was it again that Democrats introduced that allows us to be more free and independent of government controls? Please link them below. Thanks!

/TOA

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Because quite many people in the US are mentally repressed and have "issues" (to say it mildly) with nudity and sexuality. (Tell me about it, i am European who used to live i the states, i KNOW)

And since those poor, mentally changed people who have "issues" with sex and nudity are ALSO voters, there must be someone to cater to them, because they need their votes. (The same as with the religious fanatics or whatever other crazy people..EVERYONE is a potential voter and everyone *needs* to be 'served')

So...you *think* they are concerned about your private life, of course they are NOT..it's about power and control and how to influence people so they vote for you.
edit on 4-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Perfect response.
May I add POWER to that? Power and control. The republicans and the democrats both have certain ... um ... pet issues ... that they push that are invasive. But considering the nanny-state that today's democrats are pushing for, I'd say that it's the Democrats, rather than the Republicans, that are in the lead for who doesn't mind their own business more.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Actually the truth is they really don't care what happens in your bedroom.

This is a tool. This is the type of subject that is used to keep us sheep fighting amoungst ourselves. Just like Abortion, Gay marriage, or any other topic focused on behavior that does not harm another person or their property. While voters argue over these types of non issues and the media hypes up these non issues, the Government can then pass legislation that attacks the foundation of this country, and we wont hear about it because we are too busy being focused on these non issues.

For me that is one of the things I look for in the Candidates. If they are so busy discussing these non issues, I already know they care not for issues that truly matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Perfect response.
May I add POWER to that? Power and control. The republicans and the democrats both have certain ... um ... pet issues ... that they push that are invasive. But considering the nanny-state that today's democrats are pushing for, I'd say that it's the Democrats, rather than the Republicans, that are in the lead for who doesn't mind their own business more.

Democrats "have the lead" because they have the White House. Fact is, Democrats have expanded policies that invaded our privacy that were set up by the previous Administration, Republicans. It is a game, and this is what they do. They keep expanding on the previous Administrations invasive policies.

Just like today, I have no worry that Obama will detain a US citizen under the NDAA. When he says he will not use that power, I actually believe him. I only believe him because I already know that this is all about setting up the legal framework for one who is yet to come along.

Just like Hitler did in his time, he used the legal system to lay a foundation for everything he did. This country is following a similar path, but it is moving much slower. The legal foundation is being set and once all the bases are covered is when we will finally see it all come together and these policies and laws will, at that time, be put into practice.

Stop thinking in terms of Parties. They are the one in the same. They are following an Agenda.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

But I have to breathe what comes out of your car. Yet if you want to see what goes on in my bedroom you need an invitation.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

What I want to know is why are the Democrats so damn worried about everything I do OUTSIDE the bedroom?

The regulate my toilet, my car, my lightbulbs, damn near every single applience in my house has to be energy star compliant and they even want to tell me that I have no right to grow my own foods or decide what foods are good for me.

No matter which side you choose, you are choosing big government. At least its easier to hide what goes on inside your bedroom from Republican Big Brother than it is to hide what goes on in the rest of your life.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by narwahl

I'm not talking about my car.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Which pieces of legislation was it again that Democrats introduced that allows us to be more free and independent of government controls? Please link them below. Thanks!

Now that's what you call deflection! Totally legitimate question as it sure looks like the Republican candidates that are pushing the supposed sexual morality issues. Or is that a mistaken assumption?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

It's not a deflection, it's a perfectly legitimate question and a very good one at that

If this is really a partisan issue like the OP implies then answer the question

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Now that's what you call deflection! Totally legitimate question as it sure looks like the Republican candidates that are pushing the supposed sexual morality issues. Or is that a mistaken assumption?

He's complaining about Republicans being worried about what we do in our bedroom, yet no legislation has come from either party to loosen up the intolerable restrictions on our freedoms. You know this. Don't be willfully obtuse, because I read your posts and I know you're much more intelligent than that.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I hear you both, loud and very clearly. I too am sick and tired of my Government fishing around in my home, my car, my food, my medicines, and nearly every other damn thing I do, with their endless laws and regulations, and fake wars and draconian ways of dealing with the Rights of a State. I don't appreciate that they are planning to deploy Drone Aircraft in our skies, and I don't appreciate police dressed in black uniforms like Nazi Storm Troopers. I don't appreciate that I am labelled a terrorist, while our Southern Border is wide open to anyone who wishes to cross.
Mostly I do not appreciate Lawyers who are Congressmen who own Corporations and have their hands in the pockets of the Federal Reserve, which keeps on printing our money, at interest, and then floating worthless bonds on other Nations to pay for it. This Bubble will burst, just as surely as the Housing Bubble did.
With the exception of the one Medical Doctor, we need to fire every Congressmen sitting in office, and most of the Supreme Court, seize the Central Banking Cartel, and make arrests for criminal activity. Everything needs to be transparent, and needs to have Congressional Oversight, but by a Congress of, and by the People, not of, and by the Banking Cartel and the FED. We can see the head of the Snake most clearly now, when will we act to cut it off? Just asking.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

He's complaining about Republicans being worried about what we do in our bedroom, yet no legislation has come from either party to loosen up the intolerable restrictions on our freedoms. You know this. Don't be willfully obtuse, because I read your posts and I know you're much more intelligent than that./TOA

I am not being obtuse.
The question is:

and the topic is, with all of their talk about 'rights', why the heck are they meddling in the bedrooms of the nation.

The answer can take many forms, ranging from a strong puritan morality that goes back to the first settlers, the percentage of Americans who are regular churchgoers and the extent to which the Old Testament guides their lives...many, many options.

one thing or sure...the answer is not:

Which pieces of legislation was it again that Democrats introduced that allows us to be more free and independent of government controls? Please link them below.

Well, just in passing, DADT seems to have been a start.

But is it obtuse to see the question as one about the promotion of religious-based morality by one party in particular? Was that question tackled or deflected?

That's how I see it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

He's complaining about Republicans being worried about what we do in our bedroom, yet no legislation has come from either party to loosen up the intolerable restrictions on our freedoms. You know this. Don't be willfully obtuse, because I read your posts and I know you're much more intelligent than that./TOA

I am not being obtuse.
The question is:

and the topic is, with all of their talk about 'rights', why the heck are they meddling in the bedrooms of the nation.

The answer can take many forms, ranging from a strong puritan morality that goes back to the first settlers, the percentage of Americans who are regular churchgoers and the extent to which the Old Testament guides their lives...many, many options.

one thing or sure...the answer is not:

Which pieces of legislation was it again that Democrats introduced that allows us to be more free and independent of government controls? Please link them below.

Well, just in passing, DADT seems to have been a start.

But is it obtuse to see the question as one about the promotion of religious-based morality by one party in particular? Was that question tackled or deflected?

That's how I see it.

Someone who supports one erroneous political ideology deflecting a question acting said ideology towards another erroneous political ideology, more news at 11.

Seriously, this is ATS political madness forums, it happens rather often. This forum is all about how well you can try to defend whoever tickles your worldview while attacking those that don't.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Because the morality bandwagon is an easy way to get the religious fundies to jump on board, when you really don't have any REAL standing on the issues that actually matter and affect us all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

DADT is about the military not the bedroom. It's for a reason, that being the distraction that can cause us to lose wars. If you think that is not directly related to national defense you are sadly mistaken. One other thing is the problem of having a "school safety czar" overlooking schoolchildren while openly promoting such things as "fisting". Radicals are currently trying to push an agenda of forcing public schools to teach the benefits of such things to our children. It has absolutely no place in our public or private schools. It's so over the line I just cannot be emphatic enough. When will Democrats stop telling our schoolchildren what to believe?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join