It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army - Ron Paul supporter cut off from CNN

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's OK guys; based on CNN's ratings, there was probably only 18 people watching that on live TV. Thankfully, hundreds of thousands or even millions of people will see it on the internet and see it for what it is - pure censorship. That in and of itself will hurt CNNs ratings even more. Yup, the MSM is that stupid.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
So true. In the Navy they train on these issues all the time. You CAN NOT go to an event like that in uniform. Ok to go in civilian clothes, probably not a great idea to speak as a soldier. Ok to speak as a citizen.

Yup,, he has stepped in for it for sure.

When the country starts to fall apart, discipline will fly out the window.

Soldiers aren't fooled by the lying msm, because they see what's happening with there own eyes. Patriots who know the truth will not be silenced.

Iran is not a threat to us, any more than a lot of other countries are. Israel is more than capable of taking care of themselves.

Afghanistan is a lost cause. We can stay there a 100 years, and when we leave, they'll go right back to the way they were. Why? Because they like it that way. No central government, just little fiefdoms. That's what they want. Who the H are we to go over there and tell them how to live?

The soldiers know this.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Isnt "little fiefdoms" exactly what Mr. Paul wants too? I t s funny you said that. To Afganistan we are just the latest in an extremely long line of would be conquerors who failed. last time it was the russians.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There's a conspiracy everywhere, people! This is proof!

Actually, this is proof that most people will try to take coincidence and make it blatant whatever.

And even if they did blatantly cut him off, who cares? Not like what he had to say was going to blow the top off of some huge unknown situation. He wasn't going to say anything ground breaking or what people don't already know.

Oh, by the way, while you're reading this, there's a man in a black suit standing right behind you. LOOK NOW!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightspore
reply to post by mrnotobc

Isnt "little fiefdoms" exactly what Mr. Paul wants too? I t s funny you said that. To Afganistan we are just the latest in an extremely long line of would be conquerors who failed. last time it was the russians.

Yes, I have a very good friend that just came back from a tour in Afghanistan, and that's exactly what he told.

As far as Ron Paul, I'm pretty sure Ron Paul just wants them to be able to do whatever they want as long as they're not hurting us, which they wouldn't be doing if we weren't killing them like cattle.

edit on 4-1-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ill say it again. I did not have time to record it. I was watching the BBC live last night when Ron Paul introduced the solider. They cut his mic and cut to the control room reporter. The first video with the interview i was a little skeptic on. But after seeing the BBC cut him off i believe fully he was censord. I am going to try and find the live footage from last night. I welcome any member to help me out. I can only do somuch from my cell phone

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So obvious, it's funny now - I can just see a top exec racing down the hall, diving across the producer's media station screaming, "GET IT OFF, NOW!"... [shame on you, CNN
]

Posted to my FB (yeah, still got it - F'em)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Wolfie holds the cut-off/edit button in his Zionist Hand.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Sorry only got to page 5. It has been a couple years since I served, but isnt it against UCMJ to publicly support a candidates campaign for President in uniform? If its been brought up, again I apologize
edit on 4-1-2012 by Selfsecurity because: spelling

edit on 4-1-2012 by Selfsecurity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Video dubbed:

edit on 4-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
ok . i'm not sure why you guys are SO surprised about RP being cut-off, votes are manipulated etc,etc.. it's the SAME treatment he got last time he ran...

the CIA is in charge now.. WOW>. can't anyone of you 'voters' understand we live in a POLICE STATE .. !!!!

stop with the 'surpise' threads already ..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Dude is gonna get court martialed for trying to tell it like it is.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It seems that the elite don't know how to treat their "weapons" with respect and care. Seems to be the reason since the military is starting to realize that things aren't right anymore.

But please. Just keep it up elitists. We patriots could always use a strong handed fighting force in taking you down... permanently.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

'OH YES THEY ARE', the BBC, Channel4, have both been immediately clipped shut just as a via satellite person was about to say something close to the TRUTH. This is going to become a useful device - for the 'Censors' - when UK TV becomes a digital means of transmission.

You ain't seen nothing yet and are never likely to as this World is sucked into the fears of oncoming Big Brother Domination.

Feel sorry for the Silenced Corporal, 10:1 such a nice young Man will be set-up and kept in silence from now until the end of time.

Like a fool I used to think CNN was genuine.....................

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Knowing CNN cut this guy off Ron Paul had this man on stage - It was GREAT!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hey, did you hear that? Did you hear that sudden crack of thunder?

That was this retards entire chain of command doing a collective "face-palm".

It clearly states in the regs that you're not suppose to be doing any sort of political speeches or rallies while in uniform. Do as many as you want in civilian clothes, but not while in uniform.

This dude's ass will be grass tomorrow. Hey, I'll save you time reading this tomorrow....

DAILY FRAGO FOR 05JAN12

COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS:

ALL COMPANIES: Review and disseminate DOD Directive 1344.10 to all Soldiers to ensure both full understanding and compliance. Report task complete to S3 NLT 1400.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I will post it as soon as I get it... I also Doubt I will...

I promise I will post any response they send.... because I want an answer....

Army cpl in trouble violating rules

(CNN) – Ron Paul spent Tuesday heralding his support among members of the military, but one active-duty supporter may be in trouble after lauding Paul on stage while wearing his Army uniform.

Army Cpl. Jesse Thorsen spoke during Paul's speech at his headquarters in Ankeny, Iowa, Tuesday night. Paul invited Thorsen to speak on stage after a technical glitch cut short an earlier live interview on CNN.

seems they are now bringing this up... I just found it odd that it never made it into their first interview... and came up shortly after I posted my post this morning...

Why?

Because the press is also aware of the rule.... so they are actively trying to undermine the US military personnel?

wait that should read "So are they..." my bad

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hatch Act 1939 wiki

The Hatch Act of 1939 is a United States federal law whose main provision is to prohibit federal employees (civil servants) in the executive branch of the federal government, except the President and the Vice President, from engaging in partisan political activity. Named after Senator Carl Hatch of New Mexico, the law was officially known as An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities.

The act precluded federal employees from membership in "any political organization which advocates the overthrow of our constitutional form of government," which especially applied to fascist and communist organizations.

reading on

Applicability to U.S. military personnel

Although the Hatch Act applies to Department of Defense civil servants, as well as Department of Homeland Security civil servants in direct support of the United States Coast Guard, it does not apply to actively serving uniformed members of the U.S. armed forces. However, uniformed personnel are subject to Department of Defense Directive 1344.10 (DoDD 1344.10), Political Activities by Members of the Armed Forces, and the spirit and intent of this directive is effectively synonymous with the Hatch Act for Federal civil servants. By agreement between the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Homeland Security, DoDD 1344.10 also applies to uniformed personnel of the Coast Guard at all times, whether it is operating as a service in the Department of Homeland Security or as part of the Navy under the Department of Defense.

As a "directive," DoDD 1344.10 is considered to be in the same category as an order or regulation, and military personnel violating its provisions can be considered in violation of Article 92 (Failure to obey order or regulation) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.[13][14][15]

it appears a misquote so the correct law

DOD directive pdf

it outlines what it is pretty clearly... the hatch act does not cover it, ucmj via DOD directives cover it...
edit on 4-1-2012 by ripcontrol because: double post so I made something more of the part two

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
So obvious, it's funny now - I can just see a top exec racing down the hall, diving across the producer's media station screaming, "GET IT OFF, NOW!"... [shame on you, CNN
]

Posted to my FB (yeah, still got it - F'em)

You must have read my mind

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join