It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back From the Iowa Caucus! (Video and Vote Count)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Good evening political hacks!

I have just returned from my local caucus and I have to say that it was good for the soul!

Upon arrival, I expected to walk in the gym door and find a table setup for ID verification and new registrants. In fact, there was not one person with the GOP even in attendance until 6:15pm. They were supposed to be there at 5:30pm.

The only ones that were there at that time was Ron Paul supporters! They were very open about their choice of candidate. Eventually, more people came and even the GOP officials decided to show up.

The caucus began at 7pm and at first we voted for delegates and such. There was a quick reading of a letter from the Iowa GOP and talk of the local petitions that needed to be signed....or not.

Then we were honored with speeches from representatives from the campaigns. Actually, only three campaigns had speakers. Perry, Santorum and Paul. I will upload the RP speaker as soon as I figure out my crap camera.

At last we came to the vote. I was lucky enough to pass out the ballots and pencils, even though I did not volunteer, and we quickly voted. The votes were counted in the hallway outside the door of the gym and we could see them counting them without any issues.

The following video shows the results of that vote. There were four precincts voting in different locations in this school in which the caucus was held, but I talked to friends and neighbors as they left their specific caucus room. Their voting numbers were very similar to ours.

Forgive me as the video is crappy and the audio is just as bad. They had to read the results twice so that we could all understand. My camera cut it off during the first reading, but if you care....you will watch the entire video.

Here are the results in the order as they were read.

Romney-7
Bachmann-3
Santorum-11
Paul-23
Perry-11
Gingrich-10
Huntsman-1
Rohmer-1

As a disclaimer I must add that I live in the middle of Des Moines. Des Moines is a bit more "liberal" than the rest of Iowa, but I hope to see the same results around the state.

Good evening to you all and go Ron Paul!
edit on 3-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I know this isnt related but how do you make those moving icons never been able to figure it out and they dont work if you copy them.they just stay as 1 image

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
good job, thanks for reporting.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance but the votes are counted in the open for individual precincts and then the grand total is sent to the ministry of truth? Or am I missing something.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Thank you!

reply to post by filosophia

Well the vote counting was supposed to be in "secret" but they just walked into the hall and counted them. We all could see them count and there was a few observers that watched the count.

Then they were called in.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

But what about the whole secret location in Illinois? I'm not doubting what you say its just that the hallway is not exactly a secret location. I think they will bring all precincts to a secret location to "count" / rig afterwards. So if we at least count all the known precinct results we could catch them red handed.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I agree. We could catch them red-handed, but what are the odds of getting proof from each precinct and compiling that evidence?

I actually liked the fact that they counted the votes in plain sight. Trusted people were there to watch and the vote went well. Now what they reported to the Iowa GOP could be different, but I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Can someone say "landslide"?

I mean...Wow!

I'm betting it's going to be like this all over the Caucasus!

RP 2012

edit on 3-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

So far it looks as though that may not be the case. The MSM is reporting that RP is currently 3rd with the votes they currently have.

I hope he pulls it off, but we must be patient.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Excellent job! I wish we held caucuses here in NJ. I would love to have the opportunity to speak for my candidate...in any election.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

I was expecting to stand up and talk about RP if there was not a campaign speaker present. Of course, I didn't have to and their speaker did a great job.

Also wanted to add that it looks as thought the MSM is calling RP as the third place winner.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Keep your head up guys. Ron Paul may not have won Iowa, but there will be plenty of other opportunities. With the hard work of each and every Ron Paul supporter in the nation, his message may catch on and captivate the ignorant masses who haven't yet heard it or don't quite understand it all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Keep your head up guys. Ron Paul may not have won Iowa, but there will be plenty of other opportunities. With the hard work of each and every Ron Paul supporter in the nation, his message may catch on and captivate the ignorant masses who haven't yet heard it or don't quite understand it all.

Yes Santorum came out of no where in the past 8 hours to win this thing in their "secret room". Seriously.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

Exactly straight from OPs mouth,he was their he knows how it went down..... Something super fishy about this one guys, they better demand that recount....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
[going omore]

Sounds fairly normal for what went down tonight. Ron Paul won my precinct tonight. After all our hard work I was so happy. I have no idea how Santorum won anything. All the calling around the state and door knocking in my area I think I found one person voting for him.. The same type of thing went on at the Des Moines strawpoll Rp won however Santorum got the support. There is something not right but I can't put a finger on it. I know our precinct had an accurate count and another supporter in a different precinct which Santorum won in says that he helped count the vote and it was right. I just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Rachel Maddow said the "entrance polls" had Paul winning by a "fair margin." But then the official numbers came in and *poof* Paul was third.

Way fishy, if You ask Me.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I talked to a lot of friends and family last night and they had the same story as I did. Paul won easily in their respective precincts.

As Tupac said earlier in this thread, we just need to move on and remain positive. Iowa is just a small piece of the puzzle and I can't wait to see how RP does in other states.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I talked to a lot of friends and family last night and they had the same story as I did. Paul won easily in their respective precincts.

As Tupac said earlier in this thread, we just need to move on and remain positive. Iowa is just a small piece of the puzzle and I can't wait to see how RP does in other states.

Exactly! We must not get discouraged. That is precisely what the media machine wants. Seeing this should give you cause to work even harder. The media is telling you he is a lost cause, but remember sometimes the lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for.

I switched parties last month for the first time since Ronald Regan ran, oh so many years ago. If the republican party does not choose Paul, the Republican Partys bid for the Whitehouse will fail.

I hope they realize I won't be "throwing away my vote", the republican party will be.

I suspect there are others like me out there because Paul consistantly poles higher.
So the Republican party needs to choose, Obama or Paul. It is that simple in my case.

The republicans only other option would be to try voter fraud. (better get Jeb ready)
Because without the swing voters that put Obama in, the Republican Party has no chance of winning. IMO

PS. The idea that some people seriously consider Newt Gingrich as a good choice for presidential representation is both deplorable and complete folly.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

There were quite a few Democrats and independents in attendance last night that switched parties just to vote for Paul. So while Romney or Santorum may be able to win a caucus or primary by beating Paul, they are not thinking about those independents and Democrats that will not vote for Romney, but will vote for Paul. If RP is not the nominee.....Obama will gain those votes back.

In fact, I know many Republicans that would vote for Obama before Romney/Santorum. At least they would have a moderate in the White House and not a wishy-washy RINO or an evangelical "conservative".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Don't be discouraged by the numbers in Iowa. What matters is the delegates and Ron Paul's campaign has worked passionately to educate the supporters about how to become delegates. He was awarded the same amount as Santorum and Romney last night. Iowan delegates aren't bound to any candidate however, so they could all technically be Ron Paul supporters. We'll find out in June. Great job, Iowa!!

new topics

top topics

join