It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's to Yamasaki

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wow, complete fail in US History class. Japanese American citizens living on the East Coast, were not subject to internment.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by comprehension

Have failed to indicate what buildings were "spooky"?

Was it Bank of Oklahoma in Tulsa ...? (Not Bank of Tulsa, but again facts and accuracy dont seem to matter to
you)

It was 1/2 half scale model of the WTC towers

Now that is "spooky" - why design building 1/2 of the famous WTC towers

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Its a little odd that they list the completion date for the World Trade Center as 1976, I was in the building (forget which tower) in 1975. Just a little thing but I know that you and facts don't get along very well.

Is your myopia making you grumpy? You seem tense.

Obviously these publications need to be contacted. Hooper from Above Top Secret's 9/11 conspiracy forum says their facts are wrong. He would know, he remembers touring one of the towers once, just can't remember which one. Anyway, that makes him an authority and everyone else a drooling moron, just ask him, he'll tell you.

The completion dates change depending on the articles, you've got a lot of emails to send. Here's a start:

The World Trade Center was many years in the making. Yamasaki got the commission to design it in 1963. Groundbreaking was in 1966. The ribbon cutting for the opening was in 1973, with other aspects of the project not complete until 1977.
Read more: www.seattlepi.com...

www.seattlepi.com...

The second World Trade Center tower was completed 1976.

www.historylink.org...

Upon their completion in 1976, the World Trade Center's twin 110-story towers were the world's tallest buildings.

www.auburn-reporter.com...

The World Trade Center -- including the Twin Towers and four other buildings -- officially opened in 1973.

manhattan.about.com...

December 1975
Top of the World Observation Deck opens at Two World Trade Center (South Tower).

April 1976
The Windows of the World Restaurant opens at the top of the North Tower on April 19.

www.panynj.gov...

April 4, 1973: A ribbon cutting ceremony is held to open the twin towers.
1974: Construction is completed.

www.glasssteelandstone.com...

edit on 4-1-2012 by comprehension because: typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Wow, complete fail in US History class. Japanese American citizens living on the East Coast, were not subject to internment.

What brings you to a conspiracy site? Your combative attitude is compensation for what exactly? Your complete failure to read?

Yamasaki was a perfect mark to be manipulated. He and his family were Japanese at a time when racism was cool; when we were at war with Japan. They were vulnerable, dirt poor, and living on skid row.

Yamasaki had grown up in Yesler hill, the Seattle neighborhood that gave birth to the term skid row, originally a nickname for the log slides that once carried timber down to the waterfront and later, of course, an insulting slang term for a slum - like the neighborhood.

Source

They were suspected and accused of spying, and Yamasaki himself wrote that he couldn't bear to see his parents tossed into an internment camp. Had I been in his shoes, I would have agreed to just about anything for my family. A Seattle native nisei whose parents were issei living in King County, the heart of the Seattle Japanese population when evacuations began there in 1942, three years before Yamasaki's move to Detroit to work for Smith, Hinchman, and Grylls, the firm who allegedly assisted him to avoid internment.

Beginning on August 10, 1942, most Seattleites were sent to the "Minidoka Relocation Center" near Hunt, Idaho, about 15 miles from Twin Falls and 150 miles southeast of Boise. This was one of 10 inland concentration camps filled with Japanese who had been evacuated from the West Coast.

Source

Of 127,000 Japanese Americans living in the continental United States at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack, 112,000 resided on the West Coast.[18] About 80,000 were nisei (literal translation: "second age"; Japanese people born in the United States and holding American citizenship) and sansei (literal translation: "third age"; the sons or daughters of nisei). The rest were issei (literal translation: "first age"; immigrants born in Japan who were ineligible for U.S. citizenship).[19]

Source

Japanese were encouraged to leave the West Coast, but most were rounded up and put in cages, so what was Yamasaki's relationship with this firm? Where they the Schindler of architectural firms? Why wouldn't his own employers have assisted? If Japanese were free to move about the country, why would anyone have needed to assist Yamasaki? How much was bus fare from Seattle?

After saving his family from internment in WWII, Smith, Hinchman, and Grylls give the guy a job, and he bailed them after only four years to start his own firm. An American success story. I say it's an American cover story.

Architects have always played a major role in the shaping of civilizations (just ask the masons); and Yamasaki designed castles for modern royalty.

edit on 5-1-2012 by comprehension because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Originally posted by comprehension

3. He had a reputation for designing buildings to the specifications of the client, whether or not they made sense. He was discreet and compliant.

My God!!! You discovered this all by yourself? He actually and literally designed buildings to the specification of his clients?

There it is!! The Perfet sMokiNg Gunnnn!@@@3!!!! *sob* After all these years. More absolutely unimpeachable logic and brilliance from the Truthers.

Here, let me help you. it must be dark where you are, or you need a lesson in punctuation; go back and read the sentence carefully. Use your words, and sound it out. Remember commas? Right, so you continue the sentence after the comma and what do you get?

" whether or not they made sense. "

Makes sense? Keep trying, it'll come.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Have failed to indicate what buildings were "spooky"?

Are you lost? You're on the 9/11 forum you know.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

3. He had a reputation for designing buildings to the specifications of the client, whether or not they made sense. He was discreet and compliant.

My God!!! You discovered this all by yourself? He actually and literally designed buildings to the specification of his clients?

There it is!! The Perfet sMokiNg Gunnnn!@@@3!!!! *sob* After all these years. More absolutely unimpeachable logic and brilliance from the Truthers.

Here, let me help you. it must be dark where you are, or you need a lesson in punctuation; go back and read the sentence carefully. Use your words, and sound it out. Remember commas? Right, so you continue the sentence after the comma and what do you get?

Makes sense? Keep trying, it'll come.

Who decides what "makes sense"? You? So you are now the arbiter of what "makes sense"? Are you the "decider" who decides what makes sense? If someone is going to spend hundreds-of-millions of dollars on a building, don't you think they would have a reason for wanting it designed a certain way? Because some whack-job Conspiracy Reptoid Truther on the Internet thinks that something "doesn't make sense" doesn't work. You design to the customer's specifications. Even a whack-job Conspiracy Reptoid Truther should realize that. I know in the world of silent hush-a-boom explosives and invisible airplanes and holograms and space-based Laser-beam-zappo dustification satellites and forward-spraying-fuel gadgets and pods and cruise missiles and hurricane-control machines and all that jazz, someone "designing buildings to the specifications of the client" whether or frreaking not it made sense to you, is just another moronic and inane path the Truth movement heads down. Just another Bozo crammed in the clown car that is 9/11 Truth.

What will be next? Yamasaki knew how to use a *slide rule* even though computers were available!! *My God*!!!! *sob*

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Please give us an example of a building Yamasaki designed that "didn't make sense".

Since you keep clinging to this factoid with the same zealotry that a drowning man clings to a life preserver, there ought to be something more tangible to back it up than your simply not wanting to admit you're a BS artist and you're just embellishing it to sucker people into thinkign there's something suspicious here...RIGHT?????

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What brings you to a conspiracy site? Your combative attitude is compensation for what exactly? Your complete failure to read?

What brings me here? Easy, the motto is Deny Ignorance. And that is what I do, I highlight other people's ignorance.

Combative attitude? Moi? Never. And my reading comprehension is just fine, so is my ability to see humor.....and trust me, the conspiracy theory you are trying to weave...is hilarious.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yamasaki was a perfect mark to be manipulated.

OK, whatever. Lets cut to the chase - exactly who do you think manipulated him and to do what exactly? I mean I can manipulate an architect - its easy - pay him. Not really a big deal. So what big secret is this covering up? That in 1962 the architect secretly planned the building so that it would be empty on 9/11/2001?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
ATS have a problem with Comprehension. Banned I see.
Too close to the truth, I expect.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

Too close to the truth? Too far down the well of fools is more like it. Nice to see ATS exhibit at least some level of credibility regarding this topic.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

Too close to the truth? Too far down the well of fools is more like it. Nice to see ATS exhibit at least some level of credibility regarding this topic.

The ATS moderators removed my post for pointing this out, but it's still worth repeating- it's one thing to hypothesize conspiracy theories or to note possible improprieties...but what THIS guy was doing was manufacturing outright libel by dropping accusations of "Yamasaki would design anything regardless of how suspicious it was" and "Yamasaki was a potential spy for the Japanese Empire", not to mention "Yamasaki was primed to be manipulated by the conspirators", and ATS would have been legally liable for Comprehension's libel if they had let it continue. Granted, Yamasaki died back in 1989 but that doesn't mean his next of kin wouldn't take such slander seriously.

This is why the conspiracy theorists always stick to making accusations against shadowy, secret anonymous entities like the Illuminati, the Jewish World Order, and rogue sects within the US gov't rather than naming names- they know they don't have a microbe of tangible proof to back up any of their claims and they'd be sued into bankruptcy for going around slandering actual people.

Whatever. We now return to our regularly scheduled conspiracy posts...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

More like idiotic troll

Anyone coming here quoting garbage from LETS ROLLFORUM has some serious issues with reality

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by pshea38

More like idiotic troll

Anyone coming here quoting garbage from LETS ROLLFORUM has some serious issues with reality

BS. LetsRollForums is a great site with intelligent researchers and research.

Why not just ban everyone who speculates between the lines.
ATS is no place for speculation, considering the type of establishment it is.

The great Dman has declared years of collaborative work and effort garbage.
It must be so!

Don't be sucked in people!

www.letsrollforums.com

ATS gets rid of those who venture too close to 9/11 truth i.e. A Fakery extravaganza
years in the planning. Just ask Yankee451 or Septic. Oh wait, you cannot, for they
have been banned. Surprise, Surprise!!

Bollocks To That, Dman!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

ATS is dedicated to exploring unusual events . Its motto is "DENY IGNORANCE"

The moderators work hard at keeping discussions civil and in bounds .

As such try to winnow out the delusional rantings - aka " No Planers", that WTC were empty shells, 767 "pods"
and other clearly bizarre claims which are out of the realm of reality

Unfortunately the mentally unhinged denizens at LETS ROLLFORUMS clearly revel in such bizzare lunacy

They seem to clearly enjoy promoting really obnoxious and frankly disturbing material - like nobody died at
WTC, that 343 FDNY firemen did not perish, that the picture of FF Mike Kehoe was faked, etc

If you want to continue down this path then go ahead. Just dont be surprised if the Moderators decide had
enough and give you the boot...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by pshea38

ATS is dedicated to exploring unusual events . Its motto is "DENY IGNORANCE"

The moderators work hard at keeping discussions civil and in bounds .

As such try to winnow out the delusional rantings - aka " No Planers", that WTC were empty shells, 767 "pods"
and other clearly bizarre claims which are out of the realm of reality

Unfortunately the mentally unhinged denizens at LETS ROLLFORUMS clearly revel in such bizzare lunacy

They seem to clearly enjoy promoting really obnoxious and frankly disturbing material - like nobody died at
WTC, that 343 FDNY firemen did not perish, that the picture of FF Mike Kehoe was faked, etc

If you want to continue down this path then go ahead. Just dont be surprised if the Moderators decide had
enough and give you the boot...

What a joke! I see right through you and your kind with your gratuitous use of buzzwords like
'delusional rantings, bizarre lunacy, mentally unhinged, obnoxious, disturbing.'

The likes of www.LetsRollForums.com and www.CluesForum.info
dilligently collect and collate available information and go with it wherever it may lead.
And it has lead to the provable realisation that 9/11 was a Fakery extravaganza, with Fake
video, Fake victims, Fake witnesses and testimony, all coming together to produce a completely
Faked and contrived narrative.
Now if you know anything about Operation Northwoods, you might not think SeptemberClues of LetsRoll's conclusions so 'delusional, bizarre, unhinged, obnoxious and disturbing.'
Heck, they even have the gaul to prove their assertions!

If ATS chooses, let them do their worst. I have nothing to fear.
I only want the truth, and I believe I have found just that.

The world has been duped/scammed/conned/hoaxed and you are one of many attempting to
perpetuate that deception.

Deny Ignorance my ARSE!
Ignorance is everywhere. Especially here, where delving into the whole aspect
of the reality of 9/11 Fakery is so frowned upon, discouraged and ridiculed!

Bravo ATS! Your true colours are showing clear right there.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have written a more in-depth article about the background of Minoru Yamasaki. Full article here:

Why is this man smiling?

Have you ever wondered how the CIA goes about constructing their buildings? Do they put out a bid request to the private sector, or do they have their own building department for such things; or do they bring in the Army Corps of Engineers?

Being an agency of spies and depending on the intended use of the building being constructed (e.g. office space, or a weapons research lab), one would think the CIA need to be very careful when contracting architects, engineers and builders. If I were a spy, I would think getting my hands on the blueprints for the headquarters of the enemy would be a pretty big deal; and consequently I would carefully guard my own blueprints, not to mention the guy who drew them. The buildings used for clandestine intelligence work are undoubtedly designed and built differently than would be your average mall.

This is an old and touchy subject, the relationship between the builder and the client; and it is impossible to discuss that relationship without mentioning Freemasons. I do my honest best to avoid Freemasons when it comes to 9/11; it is not necessary to discuss the masonic details which become self-evident as the veil is lifted, and I only do so now for context. However much the brotherhood’s symbolism permeates the 9/11 story, I feel scrutinizing Freemasonry is a waste of time which also tends to weaken the impact of the evidence. Too often a masonic discussion devolves into an Illuminati discussion; with the term “Illuminati” tending to lower the credibility of the person using it, an effect beneficial to perception managers eager to distract attention, assuage fears and diffuse suspicion. Nonetheless, when researching Minoru Yamasaki, I couldn’t help but think of the ancient stonemasons:

“Early operative Freemasons, unlike virtually all Europeans except the Clergy, were Free — not bound to the land on which they were born. The various skills required in building complex stone structures, especially churches and cathedrals, allowed skilled masons to travel and find work at will. They were lodged in a temporary structure — either attached to, or near, the main stone building.[21] In this lodge, they ate, slept and received their work assignments from the master of the work. To maintain the freedom they enjoyed required exclusivity of skills, and thus, as an apprentice was trained, his instructor attached moral values to the tools of the trade, binding him to his fellows of the craft.” Source

Throughout history, the people who could afford the expense of castles and cathedrals had a special relationship with the people who were able to build them. The guilds of builders were practically the only people allowed to leave the lands on which they were born. Simply put, the builders effectively became one of the powers behind the throne, the guys with the literal keys to the back door of the kingdom. Allegedly this is from whence the “Freemasons” of the 17th century sprang, with America being the jewel in their crown of accomplishments; however little actual stonework was involved in that dubious achievement.

This relationship certainly exists today, with top-secret clearances required for architects and builders of today’s government strongholds, and it is this history that keeps nagging at me the more I read about Minoru Yamasaki’s pauper-to-prince success story; one that could only be written in America.

Was Yamasaki groomed to construct props for a thirty-year CIA con-job? Let’s review.

During a time when other West-Coast Japanese-Americans were being put in internment camps, with the help of a Detroit-based architectural firm with ties to the defense industry, Yamasaki was able to move his family from Seattle to New York City.

Shortly after World War II he designed buildings for the government and for the CIA, among others. Later he even designed a Federal Reserve Bank Building.

He had a reputation for designing buildings to the specifications of the client whether or not they made sense; being discreet and compliant where other architects might have balked.

The WTC was built to make a patriotic statement rather than to provide office space; the Twin Towers were marketed from the beginning as national icons on par with the Statue of Liberty, when actually they represented international capitalism, elitism and arrogance, everything for which our military and intelligence services stand.
Corporate Feudalism

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join