It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man wants to try to slow down Ivan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN that a Florida man wants to fly a 747 into the outer edge of Ivan and release thousands of pounds of Dyna-Mat a super absorbant material.

Don't know if this would work!
Might end up with what seems like thousands of pounds of super wet diaper like material being hurled around on top of the other debris.

Only problem yet is that he can't find a plane to rent.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by valkeryie]

[edit on 10-9-2004 by valkeryie]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have no idea what you're talking about.....

Deep

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Total nutter. How could this possibly work????

If he does it and survives I think he should be done for littering on a major scale

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I can't tell you how many times the CNN weather guy has read e-mails like How come da Pres-e-dent don't drop a bomb in the eye 'n blow her up for she hits?

And explained a hurricane has four times the energy of all power being produced and consumed on the planet at any given time. A 100 megaton nuclear bomb would make it radioactive, but not even dent it.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Isn't Dyna-Mat that acousitc damping foam? HOw would that work?
I'm just curious as to why he believes it would help.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Storm science 101. A storm on earth will continue until what causes it is corrected. Most of the time it is when the atmosphere runs out of moisture and cools off.

In the case of a hurricane the only way to stop it is to take away its energy source which happens to be warm water. So unless you have a plan to drain the ocean underneath Ivan you can forget about stopping it.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Stupid idea but: why not just find a way to cool down all the water in its path? (sorry for the stupid idea)

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Also posted here.

I want to know if he actually gets the jet and tries it.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by jrod]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think he wants to weaken it.

And several million other Floridians wants to do the same.

He's just blowing in the wind. No pun intended.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
BlackJackal's explaination is exactly why I wondered how this would accomplish anything. THank you for saying it so succintly.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yes i heard that same story also .About a guy that wants to lease plane .To weaken Ivan .Which is wonderful great idea.But the stuff he wants to use .Wonder if thats ok also for nature .When its said and done .Like are people going to say bla bla i have stuff laying in my lawn after words .No thanks hey this guy could of been killed in plane or wow it worked and ...Homes are saved or lives .Hey this guy is someone thats risking his life .
I went through many storms in Miami .The big thing was oh they are seeding the storm which means iceing it out .Which worked at times .People who lived in Miami are called old conks.Well thats me and if this guy is that brave go for it .You have not been through a storm watching tall Pine Trees blowing flat line during storm .And wind blowing through house open one side of windows on first blow And eye pass and change windows on other side and shut ones you had open time before .Now you run to other side of house for another 8 to 12 hours with other side of windows open .And shut the ones from when storm was other way .And u run with mops and pales to clean up water poring from storm in house .And wind my god the wind .I was around 6 and that wind would scare bravest person to move after .I went through so many storms as a kid .And if this guy says he wants to try .For God sake dont we have to belive in freaking heros at some time .Instead of Bitch-- all the time .Just be glad and happy that someone stood up to the plate .And said lets try this .Your not in a house with kids in this storm .Your not running down the highway and scared oh hell i cant find gas .I mean be for real think about a car load of kids and run out of gas during Ivan .That would put you off your rocker .So if this guy is going to try go for it .And hope to God his idea works .And so what if anything he did is laying on your freaking lawn as far as what he dropped out of the plane .At least your freaking house is still standing .And your darn family has a place to they their head at night when said and done .I hope this guy gets a ton of prayers and what ever else thats wonderful .If you have bad things to say get on the plane and get in so called JUMP SEAT AND GO FOR A RIDE WITH HIM ~~~Bet you dont~~~

new topics

top topics

join