It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 year old Indefinitely Detained....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I guess I had a little hope that the NDAA would target TERRORISTS and not children, but that all went out the window.... here's the link

Source

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This case is relatively old but I did find more recent information. Including this news release which states that he was released following a guilty plea and sentenced with time served as well as some retribution payments:

Link

Edit to add - links to ATS threads

Mom Outraged

Patriot act

Teen homeschooler

USA using Patriot act against own citizens

edit on 3-1-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: add links

edit on 3-1-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: fex

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

Its a poor quality video but a important one.

The story remind me of the facebook two case in the uk.

edit on 3/1/2012 by skuly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

that's crazy is that.The FBI take things way too seriously there was a kid in the u.k who wrote an email to the white house calling obam a prick.the FBI contacted the U.K police and got them to go to his house and take a photo of him and tell him he is banned for life from ever entering the United states lol thought that was a bit harsh

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If you watch the video they mention March 15th. They don't mention the year but I'm sure if someone cared enough they could do a Google search on the story. Basically, this happened before NDAA was passed, let alone written; they mention he was arrested/held on terrorism charges under the Patriot act.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Can we get a summary of the video, who, what, when, why, and how? This will really help out the folks who can't view the video.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This story is about 3 years old, and if you search "Lundeby" on ATS you'll get 5 previous threads about it. Here's an excerpt of the real story...

"Police began closing in on (Lundeby, aka) Tyrone after they traced a Feb. 15, 2009, bomb threat against Purdue University to Lundeby’s Oxford, North Carolina, home. The next month, they served his mother with a search warrant and arrested the then-16-year-old Lundeby. He was later charged as an adult in U.S. District Court in South Bend, Indiana — an unusual move against a juvenile in federal court — and ordered held without bail."

This kid made bomb threats for yucks, and wasn't (IMHO) victimized, but properly investigated and prosecuted. About a year ago, he was sentenced to time served in pre-trial custody and released.

see: www.wired.com...

End of story, and law enforcement did a good job here.
edit on 3-1-2012 by surfin4it because: fixed typos

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
after watching the video i have deduced the facts.

1. He shouldn't of been making bomb threats, he's not innocent, nobody stole his IP
2 If he was squeaky clean and a good boy like they say, then he wouldn't be involved with people who can steal IP's and make bomb threats.
3. Elite hackers are not as common as people think, nobody is DDoS attacking websites and stealing personal information to make bomb threats. Hackers steal your info to take your account numbers and things of value.
4. The FBI doesn't bust in a door with a warrant unless they've been MONITORING your activity, not going by assumptions. It would be a waste of resources, and the US is greedy, we don't waste money we want to horde :/

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
he made a BOMB threat he deserves what he get's. that crap is not taken ligtly since school shooting and violence . then 9/11. sorry but what may be a prank today may not be a prank tommorow . it was a legit reason to detain

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
he made a BOMB threat he deserves what he get's. that crap is not taken ligtly since school shooting and violence . then 9/11. sorry but what may be a prank today may not be a prank tommorow . it was a legit reason to detain

amen to that. seriously , shouldn't joke around about things like that if you're not ready for a serious response.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
after watching the video i have deduced the facts.

1. He shouldn't of been making bomb threats, he's not innocent, nobody stole his IP

You know, I remember a time when there was this thing called presumption of innocence, and the guilt of the accused had to be established in a court of law. I guess I'm just anachronistic, though. It's a good thing that the FBI are now empowered to black bag such obviously dangerous terrorists without trial; so that they can be waterboarded and indefinitely detained *before* they've managed to kill people.

2 If he was squeaky clean and a good boy like they say, then he wouldn't be involved with people who can steal IP's and make bomb threats.

Your defense of the actions of the State is commendable, citizen.

It is perfectly fine thinking that nothing whatsoever is wrong with this scenario; until, of course, it just happens to be your own living room door that has a fatigued, booted foot and AK-47 come crashing through it. As you are being dragged off to a FEMA camp for processing, you might find yourself modifying the opinion that you're expressing here.

3. Elite hackers are not as common as people think, nobody is DDoS attacking websites and stealing personal information to make bomb threats.

In my own experience, (and I've been online since 1994) elite hackers pretty much always aren't.

The good ones don't get caught; and they don't do dumb things like making obvious bomb threats, either. This guy is an amateur; trust me.

Hackers steal your info to take your account numbers and things of value.

The most that a smart hacker (actually, "cracker" is the word that we SHOULD be using in this context) is going to want from the average person, is a] their credit card and/or bank account number, and b] access to their machine to use it either as a botnet or distributed computing node. Mobile phreaks (the only kind that is still remotely possible, since landline exchanges were all computerised decades ago at this point) might also want a phone or sim card. Most people don't have information that is worth stealing.

4. The FBI doesn't bust in a door with a warrant unless they've been MONITORING your activity, not going by assumptions. It would be a waste of resources, and the US is greedy, we don't waste money we want to horde :/

Interesting. They still need a warrant to raid someone's house these days? Someone must have overlooked that particular detail. They'll need to get on that, ASAP. We can't have any possible obstacle when we're trying to fight terrorism.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
OMG, this is truely outrageous. Well, AJ said it was comming and all those who said it wouldnt happen have been proven completely wrong.

Indefinate detention of a 16 year old child is not only mind boggling its totally disgusting. My heart goes out to the child

I am a UK citizen not an American but this really has upset me if its genuine

What can I say.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

Oh, and I suppose you never did stupid things when you were a kid? Look matey, its one thing to say something its another to carry it out. You know all to well he could have been bought in for questioning with his parents arrested for the threat with a lawyer and dealt with properly.

But no, now they can drag him off to a dark hole, torture and execute him if they like, and all because some kid made a rash statement about blowing something up, and you call that justice? What planet are you living on?

Children always make stupid statements to look good in front of there mates, this could have been dealt with much better, he shohld have been told and warned and placed under watch by probation services or something.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Oh, and I suppose you never did stupid things when you were a kid? Look matey, its one thing to say something its another to carry it out. You know all to well he could have been bought in for questioning with his parents arrested for the threat with a lawyer and dealt with properly.

It's time you smelt what you're shoveling pal, this kid didn't just make one bomb threat, he spent a year doing it.

He even did some for money!

And he was dealt with properly, his mother was served with a warrant and they gathered the evidence of him making the calls and arrested him accordingly.

But no, now they can drag him off to a dark hole, torture and execute him if they like, and all because some kid made a rash statement about blowing something up, and you call that justice? What planet are you living on?

What planet do you live on where it's ok to make money out of scaring children and wasting peoples time and money by making bomb threats?

You call this ok?!?

Children always make stupid statements to look good in front of there mates, this could have been dealt with much better, he shohld have been told and warned and placed under watch by probation services or something.

He got off light in the end and only served 22 months out of the initial charge of 5 years.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

You should change the title and content of your thread to reflect what is actually going on.

He wasn't detained indefinitely...as reported by those not interested in the truth.

And this has nothing to do with the NDAA, as this is 3 years old.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by GodofWar411

i live in a world that if someone threatens my life or my families life i will take it as the real thing. simple...
kids do stupid things shoplifting stealing your dad/moms cigs trying drugs or liqour . not threatening to murder hundreds of people.... there are things that deserve a slap on the wrist but not this

new topics

top topics

join