It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Survives 2 Euthanasia Attempts at Utah Shelter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not, please move to appropriate forum if need be.

This cat should be allowed a pardon if you ask me:

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) - A stray cat has survived two trips to a Utah animal shelter's gas chamber, leading shelter volunteers to seek a switch of its euthanasia method to lethal injection, which they called more humane.

Volunteers with the West Valley City's animal shelter were expected to appear at a city council meeting Tuesday evening to argue for the switch from carbon monoxide poisoning to injections of sodium pentobarbital.

No one adopted Andrea, a longhaired black cat with white paws and green eyes, in 30 days, so shelter officials tried to put her to death in October. She survived, so they gassed her again.

Shelter officials detected no vital signs and presumed she was dead after the second try, so they put her in a plastic bag in a cooler. But when they checked the bag, they saw she had vomited on herself and had hypothermia, but was alive.

Officials decided to stop trying to kill her.

www.msnbc.msn.com...-_I2hIE

I'm very glad to say she is in a happy new home and no one will be trying to kill this cat for a while.

Does this cat have nine lives or is the shelter just incompetent?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Shall I dare say this cat has 7 lives left.

I wish a long life to this feline.....it deserves it after what it has been thru.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Carbon monoxide? Really?

If you're going to be that cheap why not just hit the cat with a hammer?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Super cat.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It's nice to hear a sad story turn into something worth being happy about once in a while.

If I was religious I would be screaming "miracle" but it's probably faulty practice by the shelter.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh how I hate the fact that we have to put dogs
and cats down. The most humane way should
always be used, always! So glad this kitty
had the strength and 2 lives to see both attempts
thru. And the fact he now has a home is
great!

7 more lives to go kitty!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That's terrible. I'm glad she survived, and is in a good home now. There is nothing humane about it. If you ask me, 30 days is not enough. They should try harder for these creatures to find homes. I live in Utah, and had i known about this, i would have adopted her in a heartbeat. Shame shame.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I vote the Obama's adopt a cat.
This poor thing has earned the life it would get at the White House.

On the other OP point..This shelter needs investigated. Period. It isn't that they kill animals. Reality is nasty in this area and that's just a fact. However, it doesn't sound like failing to kill the cat the first time even phased them.

Exactly how often do these people deal with having to kill an animal twice? A single instance of that seems to scream for serious professional retraining! We may need to accept some things are done..but doing so with the absolute minimum of ugliness is the least we can EXPECT, not be pleasantly surprised by.,

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow! It would seem this cat has a purpose.

What are the odds of a cat surviving two attempts to kill it? Does it happen ofter?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
this is proof of immortality not like the thread in Ats front page that has no proof

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Traveler 291

You have any idea how overwhelmed the shelters are?

Its not the shelters fault, it is the fault of the people who can't spay and neuter their pets.

new topics

top topics

join