It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon rejects threat from Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Can't seem to get the link to work. I saw the article on Google news, and a link is available to Washington post.

Pentagon says it rejects Iran's threats, and will continue operations in the gulf.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Traveler 291 because: Broken link

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Fixed Link

Fixed your link for you

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Bad link!!!1

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here..

I fixed your link:

Jan. 3 (Bloomberg) -- The head of Iran’s army warned the U.S. against sending an aircraft carrier back to the Persian Gulf after the USS John C. Stennis left the area a week ago, a threat rejected by the Pentagon.

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
if Iran attack that carrier they will have fallen into Americas desire for Iran to attack america first,draw the beast out of its cave

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Now the question is, what will Iran do when the Aircraft Carrier comes back through the gulf?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah it only takes four to six days for one of our carriers to get within strike range after leaving the U.S.
The huge question in my mind is what will Egypt do? If the radicals take charge very soon then they could close the Suez again all be it temporary. I guess we will see if the U.S. deploys more carriers to call their bluff.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Iranian nuclear program has no effect on US, as we all know the conflict stemmed from Israel but now all the sudden Israel is no longer part of the conflict, not even a comment. Israel will slowly fade away and it become an American-Iranian war while Israel sits back and manipulate.

The message is clear from Iran, from the start they have been saying that if we go down we will drag the whole world with us. Thats the imminent truth. If Iran can raise oil prices by 4% through a warning then we should acknowledge that Irans position is not that of Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya.

The Carrier will probably return near by and I doubt there will be confrontation, not until Syria is is toppled and destabilised.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
they should send an Israeli fleet in that direction

new topics

top topics

join