It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I already know the next end of the world hype after 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As most know, I think the idea of '2012' is just to better ourselves as individuals. The world isn't going to implode or explode. Humans may destroy themselves but that's on us, really.

I see a lot of posts from past 'end of the world (eotw)' scenarios and there are always those who say "Once this date has passed, another will be set and the cycle will go on and on'. Now with 2012, I see the same thing. "When it's 2013, I'll be laughing and wait for what's next in the EOTW area'.

I read in this category earlier someone saying that this is a 36 year cycle and Dec 12, 2012 is the half way point and it's going to change much more for the final 18 years. So, I suppose that means we'll have more EOTW scenarios for at least 18 more years.

Do I think the world will blow up? Nope. It's going to go on for millions of more years. Unless some huge meteor hits it. Can't control that really.
Do I think Humanity will start to change how they think? Possibly. I already see a lot of people waking up, especially in the Political side of ATS. Seems the PTB (powers that be) are the ones who seem to run the show so that IS a major thing with people waking up. It was said 2012 was going to be a period of mankind waking up and changing things for the better. So in a way, maybe that IS what 2012 is about?

To me, it's about bettering me. If we all change one thing about ourselves for the positive, that's considered a good change. If some move on to bettering more after that, wonderful. That could be the whole secret behing what 2012 REALLY is all about.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
S+F- Ooh, I must set my calendar!

lol because nothing is going to happen~ but still good info!

Thanks,
Seraph
edit on 3-1-2012 by seraphnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

For fun you might want to look up the "Jupiter Effect" regarding the predicted end in 1983 or the many others like in 2000 or the one they changed to 2012 after the one in 2003 failed to happen. Life goes on. Makes for good Science Fiction Movies however.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Ever contemplate why so many Science Fiction movies of the past are Science Fact now?

Did the fact create the imagination, or did the imagination create the fact?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

3rd times a charm.

There is a whole bunch of stuff happening today that never happened in 2000 or 2003.

Eg. The upcomming WW3, that the elite blood thirsty orcs wants.

The world cant be seen from your couch.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Death by asteroid.

Or is it 2036?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Ever contemplate why so many Science Fiction movies of the past are Science Fact now?

Imagination is the mother of invention, Plato said it was necessity but he had it wrong.
I love watching science fiction become reality, we live in exciting times

On topic,
Comet Panstarrs is coming early 2013, it's never been in our solar system before
so it must be an alien ship
If the aliens, zombies, demons, pole shift, world war 3 or space lamas dont get you then
the robots will

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I figure Apophis will be the next hype temporarily - until somebody finds some other ahem bleep's censored to get stirred up about. Then, Apophis will go on the back-burner for awhile more.

But heck, they still have the Carrington event they can toss around until 2013; and then renegade suitcase EMPs and such ... and then they could always revert to Edgar Cayce's California/New York dropping in the ocean.

But hey, they are at the end of the Malachy prophesy string so one entire thread of doomsday calling will end as well as the 2012 and the Carrington effect by 2013 or so.

So, three down; but, many more where those came from.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
I figure Apophis will be the next hype temporarily - until somebody finds some other ahem bleep's censored to get stirred up about. Then, Apophis will go on the back-burner for awhile more.

But heck, they still have the Carrington event they can toss around until 2013; and then renegade suitcase EMPs and such ... and then they could always revert to Edgar Cayce's California/New York dropping in the ocean.

But hey, they are at the end of the Malachy prophesy string so one entire thread of doomsday calling will end as well as the 2012 and the Carrington effect by 2013 or so.

So, three down; but, many more where those came from.

I have honestly never heard about this Carrington event. I really want to check it out (not that I believe in this stuff happening but just to be forewarned for when the time of ATS posts being all about that happen) so I"m going to googlecate myself and learn.

That's a positive about here. The learning never ceases. Another good way to better oneself.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Just read up on it. Interesting stuff indeed. Those flares seem more probable than EOTW events. I fear less losing our net and mobile phones, tv and microwaves than our lives. Though there's a flip side to everything. Those relying on machines to help them breathe, or pacemakers, etc. Or heh, every single max security prison unlocking all doors simultaneously everywhere. Yeah. That'd not be so good.....

Maybe this is the time for the scientific eggheads (love that word. It's such a fantastic word!) to look into how to prevent this from happening. Of course I can see it now. We'd turn into Solar Stop Dome. A nice dome built around the Earth to keep flares and meteors from hitting us.

Oddly, I can see that happening.

Oddly too, how I kinda just derailed my own thread. xD Kudos to me.

edit to add:

>_>
it's almost 4am. I'm getting hyper silly and am currently convinced a topic about the above would be an amazing popular thread to make.
edit on 4-1-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I read quite a few years ago that we have possibly already lost several years due to calendar changes (Julian to Gregorian) and the Middle Ages and the like. Therefore when 2012 doesn't happen it will be 2013, 2014, 2015, etc until the point something something random happens and the doomsayers can say "told you so!"

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I will go with Newton: 2060 the earliest, probably later. Of course the way world is behaving right now Newton looks awfully optimistic in his predictions but he had a close encounter with an apple. This counts for something, not to mention him being a brilliant scientist.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

3rd times a charm.

There is a whole bunch of stuff happening today that never happened in 2000 or 2003.

There's nothing happening today that wasn't happening in 2000 or 20003....

Even more so, there is LESS happening today than there was 50 years ago.

and even LESS STILL than there was 70 years ago...And before that?...turmoil...

If war were going to drive the end of the world, it would have happened between 1925-1975 when World War 1, World War 2, The Pacific War, The Korean War, Vietnam, and every other war in between....

In fact, if you look at a timeline of major catastrophes and wars, today's era is pretty uneventful compared to the last few centuries....

The world can't be seen from YouTube videos, or by forming opinions based on other's opinions...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, if people think it is O.K. to take into consideration the "prophecy" of one ancient civilization, they should be willing to take into consideration another civilization's prophecy!

More specifically, I am referring to the ancient Chinese. There apparently exists a prophetic book under the name "Tui Bei Tu" that is supposedly wrote my mystics and masters that were foreseeing into the future, under the guidance of astrology. Any way, the wrote about 250 years worth of predictions AFTER the year 2012. These predictions included the aspect of Mankind. Meaning: Mankind still has a supposed future at least 250 years after 2012.

Now, it is funny, however, that apparently the mystics wrote that there would, in fact, be a time of turbulence during the whole December 2012 time. Due to a natural disaster? Who knows. However, with all the hype that has been projected about December 21st, 2012, I would say that you can not NOT expect people not to go a little crazy. There will probably be riots, mass crowds, struggles, all that fun jazz. Just like some people during the "Y2K".

Of course, who can say what is and is not?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Apophis is next big one in terms like 2012 ...and many more smaller between 2013 and 2036
So maybe this subforum will change thread title/name only the number

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It does make for some good entertainment. When it happens we wont have time to prepare. Itrs just gonna hit, no predictions.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

False logic. Of course Science Fiction is often based on future science fact. That has nothing to do with false prophecies based on in many cases fanaticism or out and out fraud and lies.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

3rd times a charm.

Not really. The claims are nearly exactly the same. Every generation thinks its the last and every generation has its false prophets of doom and proofs in hand.

The really sad part is those who let it consume their lives, who live in fear needlessly instead of living life fully out of fear.

The end will come when it comes and not a moment before. The next Asteroid will hit when it hits. The next massive war may or may not happen in our lifetimes. The next Super-Volcano will erupt when the natural conditions are right and not a moment before. Those doing the predictions are same shysters as the first Medicine Man who first realized he could control people with tricks and fear.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

On that I agree. I do have a beef though. As a kid in school in the 1960's they showed us films that the roads would all be enclosed, climate controlled and all cars would drive themselves by now. They forgot to factor in the costs and I'm still sliding through intersections in the winter and getting stuck in parking lots.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

That's how I've come to see it. May as well get what enjoyment I can in this short life.

How does the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr go now -

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

I've come to really think that is the answer.

new topics

top topics

join