It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hainault tornado was ferocious', says eyewitness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

'Hainault tornado was ferocious', says eyewitness

www.london24.com

A tornado which is reported to have ripped through Hainault this afternoon has been described as “ferocious” and “horrendous”.Firefighters are in Hainault after trees were uprooted and roofs damaged in roads including Arrowsmith Road and Fawn Road. A bus stop has also reportedly been blown over in Manford Way, while a trampoline has been swept out of a garden and into a public area of The Lowe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Woah holy hell! this is nuts here in scotland

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well this is pretty intense these storms in England! I hope fellow ATS members across the ocean are doing ok and keeping safe! Tornadoes can strike anywhere and anytime folks! Remember folks, weather does what it wants, when it wants to.

Did any of our ATS members see this thing go through, or have pictures or video? Or did anyone get hit by the tornado?

We have tornadoes here in the US all the time, and we are so used to them happening here, that it still surprises us when other countries get hit. I just hope people dont start shouting HAARP!! Or global warming!!

www.london24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If this has been talked about, or is not in the proper area, please move or delete as needed!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
haha im literally 5 mins from Hainault,

Never heard anything about this until i read the thread, il have to take a drive there tomos and survey the damage

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I had to look this up and I found out I only live about 20 miles away!!!

Where we live the weather today was very wet with horizontal rain/wind. I heard it start at 3am yesterday and it sounded really gusty.
No fences down but two trees have broken branches, now on the lawn.
Kids were scared but I wasn't worried, here's why;

Been to Wales off-roading in 2005 and the rain was horizontal there, and off-roaded in the Alps where we were so high up, we were actually in a thunderstorm (hail and rain like buckets), 5 feet from a 200 foot shear drop.
I have seen, and been a casualty of, a horizontal tornado in 2006. Scary. We were all in a tent at the time.

Hope everyone is safe.

new topics

top topics

join