It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can already tell that Ron Paul will win the Iowa caucus decisively.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Since then, however, only three non-incumbent candidates who won Iowa have gone on to win the presidency.

Seven democrats in 10 caucuses who won in Iowa have ended up winning their party's nomination, according to the Des Moines Register. (Two were incumbents who ran unopposed.)

Six Republican winners in Iowa, out of nine contests there, have gone on to win the GOP nomination. (Three were incumbents who ran unopposed.)

So a win in Iowa can give a candidate momentum, but by no means guarantees the party's nomination.

Source: Huffington Post

Ron lost the Caucus vote but it's Non-Binding which means that the delegates can vote for whomever they like in the promaries.

So... if a majority of Ron Paul supporters were designated as delegates after the caucus, he may have actually won in Iowa....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

LOL right?? I think Ron Paul fans have a limited view on WHAT REALLY happens in the world..

they dont understand caucuses.
they dont understand foreign relations
they dont understand "the real world"

its a sad day when America is ran by the internet

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would hardly call 3rd place a defeat.

To be in the top 3 is good enough to keep you going.

And it means that people are listening to Ron Paul, which is a good thing.
He says a lot of things that make people mad and scared, but you know what?
Almost no one disagrees with him about most of his points, although they do not like his global policies because they basically pull the US away from being a police force and back home where they can do the country some good like along the Mexican border.He wants to see the country prosper, and go back to how it used to be, and to me, that is the best thing that could ever happen.

GO RON PAUL!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm a history teacher. I get my talking points from these items called books!

Look into it. I hear they are a great source of information.

Don’t be so upset Paul lost. Now he can go back to congress and do more of nothing. Maybe get to co sponsor a bill and have it pass every decade or so.

You get your current events information from books? That's one fast publisher.

Teacher, huh? I guess we know where you stand politically. How's the Outback running? Get any new bumper stickers lately?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Carseller4

also a sad day when people believe everything they are told in the mainstream media.
I keep my political stance out of this forum usually but 3rd place isn't a defeat imo, gaining momentum certainly.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

election fraud has happened already!!! People get up and overthrow the warmongers in place or we won't have a place to live .The planet will destroyed thanks the nefarious plans of the warmonger bilderburg and its puppets.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I voted in the Caucus on Tuesday here in Iowa. I voted for Mitt Romney. Although I was secretly hoping Santorum would win. I simply voted for who was more electable.

It’s called "seeing the big picture". Should try it sometime.

Love your counter arguments. Typical Ron Paul supporters. All fluff and no substance.

Good Luck with that. You will need it.

edit on 4-1-2012 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

I voted in the Caucus on Tuesday here in Iowa. I voted for Mitt Romney. Although I was secretly hoping Santorum would win. I simply voted for who was the more electable.

It’s called "seeing the big picture". Should try it sometime.

Love your counter arguments. Typical Ron Paul supporters. All fluff and no substance.

Good Luck with that. You will need it.

I'd say you wasted your vote. You're definitly not seeing the big picture. For one thing Romney probably can't beat o. Why would we vote for the lame version, when we can have the real thing. Mitt, and o are like twin brothers from a different mother. Maybe you like what's happening now, and want more of it, but I don't.

I'm sorry to say this, but people like you make me want the bottom to drop out sooner rather than later, so that's why if Ron Paul is not on the ballot in November, I'm voting for o. Burn it down.

edit on 4-1-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

LOL right?? I think Ron Paul fans have a limited view on WHAT REALLY happens in the world..

I think they generally have a pretty good one, actually - and are sick of it. And I really don't understand why Paul detractors tend to always want to attack the man and his supporters as compared to discussing issues (as I've noticed here, for the most part).

they dont understand caucuses

Really? In light of a month of the entire media and party establishments trying to scare the hell out of voters by threatening to disenfranchise the entire state, weeks of overblown and imbalanced coverage alleging Paul's a racist, and claiming that he's more or less a terrorist sympathizer who wants Iran to nuke Israel and the US off the map, 3rd place with a spread of less than 4K votes and 4% is pretty blasted impressive.

And for a clearer picture of what happened and the concerted effort that the party levied against Paul because they know his supporters understand the process, you might want to refer to Dee Dee Benkie's Breitbart interview:

they dont understand foreign relations

Well, I suppose that one depends on your worldview, but given the fact that the US military, US government workers, US government contractors, former Military Intelligence, CIA, and terrorism experts - in addition to Israeli Mossad - validate Paul's foreign policy & relations claims (and I can source all of that, if you like?)...I don't think I'll be agreeing with your foreign relations views anytime soon. Especially since they're a big part of what's led the US to be generally less respected around the world than we used to be.

they dont understand "the real world"

I'd love to see some substantiation on that. If you mean we don't understand how you all fell for it, and we're disgusted by the abuses people like yourself seem to revel in, you're probably correct.

And we think it's a sad day when the US is run by corporate media giants peddling false and misleading information for the purposes of crafting public opinion generally in favor of the desires of megalomaniacs, bankster buddies, and powergrabbers who seem intent on driving this nation further and further away from its founding intents and pretty much any semblance of sanity.

Now, do you care to discuss issues or anything of substance, or are you only here for purposes of baiting Paul supporters into losing their cool?

edit on 1/4/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join