It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning on going to Area 51, help me plan my trip.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My cousin and I are taking a trip to Las Vegas for a few days, but for the first night we want to stay in either Rachel or Alamo(two closest places to Area 51). Anyone have any experiences with either place as to which one is better to stay? I have read that going down the E.T. highway when you get on that dirt road they already know pretty much everything about you. I live in california.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Not fair, I want to come with you.

jk

Have great time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
you need a cloak and a jet pack so you can swoop in there and take pictures

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wait till SHTF sometime in 2012, then go in heavy and hard

edit on 3-1-2012 by TheMindWar because: Added info

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You know when I went to Vegas, I never thought of stopping over at Area 51, but, if you want to hit the jackpot, go to Days In Town Hall.

It's not much, only $1000, better make you bet the max too, or everyone will give you those dead stare eyes and you only win like $100.

Learned that lesson.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

I've never been to either but from docu's and things I've watched, I would go for Rachel. I would probably put this place on my list of places to stay at just because of it's name. www.littlealeinn.com...

A snippet from wiki says:

As the closest habitation to the Nellis Air Force Range and Area 51, Rachel enjoys a modest celebrity, particularly among aviation enthusiasts and UFO hunters.

Have fun and stay safe!

ETA Another little snippet from wiki

The town lies approximately three hours drive north of Las Vegas along Nevada Highway 375 (the "Extraterrestrial Highway"), which has an unofficial "speed limit" of Warp 7. The tiny town receives a modest number of visitors interested in the U.S. government's secret doings, to whom a small tourist shop, 3-room motel, and an alien-themed restaurant and bar, the Little A'Le'Inn are available.

Source
edit on 3/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

When I visited LV a few years ago, I rented a car one morning, drove to Rachel (?) and had a hamburger and beer at the Little Ale-in for lunch. The best part was the souvenirs at the shop/cafe, I spent about $40 on a few things. The local writer of the photocopy "guide" to GL was there. I talked with him for a few minutes and bought a couple copies of his booklet. Other than that, the scenery has a compelling bleakness but there is nothing to be seen as far as the GL stuff goes. As I recall, its about 3 hours-ish one-way and I got back around supper time. It was worth the trip to say I was there, get a few pix, and get some momentos to take home.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There's nothing there. Not really.

They do make a good hamburger at the Little A'Le'Inn.

I'd check with the Little A'Le'Inn - - to see if there are any planned events.

Otherwise - - I hope you enjoy a long road through nothingness. Its pretty if you enjoy that kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
From credible stories, you can expect at the least to be harassed if you cross the boundry. Beyond that what happens to you depends. You may lose your cameras and other gear to the guards, you may be arrested by the local county cops and you may be shot (we have been led to believer) if you venture too far into the territory. So pack money for bail and a possible funeral. (Naw, they won't kill you, but be sure and let us know if you come back alive.)

Our there, you can run, but you cannot hide.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You'll need body armour. Lots of it. They use lethal force on trespassers at area 51.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh - I forgot the link. Here is the link to the Little A'Le'Inn

They do plan events - so check their event calendar. It doesn't list the year -- so make sure its for 2012.

I'd think they'd probably have quite a few events for 2012.

www.littlealeinn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
www.summitpost.org...

bring powerful cameras.

this is were you want to be! you cant see the base from anywere else.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Planning on going to Area 51, help me plan my trip

No thanks.
Sounds alot like aiding and abetting.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

I found snow on the ground by Badger Spring in November. It may be melted now, but Tikaboo in January is not going to be fun.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
You may luck out and get a trailer by yourself at the Little Aleinn during the winter. Otherwise you may have to share it with another person. It is far nicer to stay at the Windmill Ridge in Alamo. Insist on getting the old cabins. They have the whirlpool tub. It isn't that far to the front gate of Groom Lake from Alamo. The only risk is black ice on Hancock Summit.

Right now the region is experiencing a warm/dry spell. That could change. Did I mention a down jacket? Balaclava? Thermal underwear? Gloves?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

haha! There is probably nothing there anyway. Why would keep some special in place that everyone knows about?

Apart from the cafe of course.

edit on 4-1-2012 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I had gone to Las Vegas in Sep. of last year and went up to Area 51 for a day. I made a few stops along the way like at hwy. 375 sign where the workers park to take the bus. Just down from that is the Alien research center. Then I made my way to Groom Lake Road and headed to the front gate, Frome there I went to see the black mailbox and to Rachael. I stopped in at the Little A'Le'Inn and had lunch and bought some gifts.

If your wanting to know more about the area and other things that are happening check out dreamland resort

Have fun and remember not to cross the line.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
My cousin and I are taking a trip to Las Vegas for a few days, but for the first night we want to stay in either Rachel or Alamo(two closest places to Area 51). Anyone have any experiences with either place as to which one is better to stay?

Why are you going? What are you expecting to see?

top topics

join