It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge News! Obama Must Prove Eligibility in Court Now as Motion to Dismiss is DENIED.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by rnaa

What she said was, she saw his BC, in accordance with umpty squat...

No one in Hawaii has confirmed that the pdf is genuine. And it could not be.

Why would they?
Seriously? Who in Hawaii would be confirming a pdf and why?
The PDF was not a certificate. It was an image. You know...a picture.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm convinced. Criminals should be elected to public office. Where is Orly's dental office by the way ?

Nothing anybody has said here asserts or implies that Criminals should be elected to public office. Only that there is no Constitutional bar from them running for Federal office.

And anyway, many criminals are elected to office before they are convicted; wouldn't it be better to know they are criminals before election?

Thanks for clarifing, but one poster did say "why not" ..... that I understood that to be an implication.

And yes, I did say many criminals are elected before convictions.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kafternin

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Kafternin

I'm convinced.

Criminals should be elected to public office.

Where is Orly's dental office by the way ?

Before I give you directions, I need to ask who convinced you?

I NEVER MADE THAT ARGUMENT.

So why are you convinced convicted felons should be elected?

never said you convinced me did I ?

I AGREE THAT YOU NEVER MADE THAT ARGUMENT.
I took one of your replys to imply that however.

I'm still not sure now, I have changed my mind maybe.
but I was referring to criminals.....felons may have a specific definition.

Can felons vote in all 50 States ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

edit on Jan-11-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Thanks for clarifing, but one poster did say "why not" ..... that I understood that to be an implication.

And yes, I did say many criminals are elected before convictions.

Nope.
My "why not" was asking you why not.
I am still not sure what that answer is other than it scares you for some reason I also do not know.
I am not sure we are all on the same page here.

I myself cannot see a really great reason for it but that does not mean I would vote for any convicted criminal ever. But I am not so sure why I should be afraid of someone who got caught when Washington is full of old men that have never been caught and never will be? Give me a man with a record I can look at and actually judge over some smooth talking rich guy anyday. Again, that does not mean that criminals should hold office. You vote how you like and I hope others do the same. I am just trying to find your actual reason for having a problem with it. Not implying anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

never said you convinced me did I ?

Actually, kinda yeah.

I'm convinced.

Criminals should be elected to public office.

Where is Orly's dental office by the way ?

Why reply to me otherwise with that? Just sharing?

I AGREE THAT YOU NEVER MADE THAT ARGUMENT.
I took one of your replys to imply that however.

Those two sentences contradict each other.

I'm still not sure now, I have changed my mind maybe.
but I was referring to criminals.....felons may have a specific definition.

Can felons vote in all 50 States ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

edit on Jan-11-2012 by xuenchen because:

Well they cannot vote here. As much as I feel there needs to be some revamping to what is a felony especially with drug laws but hey if they cannot vote then it seems fine that they cannot run. I would not let anyone work on my car that was barred from driving one. After a while he is going to forget what it is like to be on both ends. Oh that sounds like all the politicians we have now.

See so what is there to worry about if someone who got busted with a ounce of weed at 19 wants to run for office now? That won't bother me a moment or lose me a second of sleep.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Would you have (or did you) vote for Marion Berry for Mayor of Washington D.C. in that 1994 election ?

The Capitol is not really a "State", and he was obviously eligable, and was elected.

I wonder if he was able to "vote" too ?

Not sure if his conviction(s) were felonies.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Would you have (or did you) vote for Marion Berry for Mayor of Washington D.C. in that 1994 election ?

That is a terrible question. I do not live in DC. Should they have to check with me or you before they vote for their representation?
Second, that is a terrible question because I would not have voted for him for anything before he was arrested for smoking crack. That did little to change my opinion of him. It actually seems even more stupid since you specifically bring it up. If his people wanted him in office, more power to them. I do not approve of most drug laws in the country to begin with anyway.
No one is ever cured from crack addiction by prison time. That is just a sad fact.

You really seem to have a problem understanding the difference between my supporting a criminals right to run and someone else' right to elect them.

I am not sure why but you keep coming back at me as if I stated "Anyone convicted of any crime at any time should be put into office."

I am not sure how to really keep going on with that. I can only explain myself so many times.

The Capitol is not really a "State", and he was obviously eligable, and was elected.

Not sure either. I never lived in DC.
I can tell you though that if a bunch of busy bodies from DC or wherever you live came to my city and tried to tell us who we could and could not have on the ballot based criteria no one in our community seems to care about there would be issues.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I understand now.

That's why I asked.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Barry Hussein Harrison J. Bounel Barack Soetoro Obama's crimes have been investigated, DOCUMENTED, proven accurate and presented to the courts of Federal Judges 'Coward' Carter,Barclay Surrick,Clay Land,Royce Lambert, for them to review. They refused to except the DOCUMENTED information as the 'Truth', in tern, # on the the Laws of our Land as did the criminal that they are protecting.

Foreign national ,POUS,Obama, has pushed the limits with these crimes and should be arrested and imprisoned,along with his co-conspirators. This does include Dr. Fukino, Ex-Gov.Linda Lingle of the 'treason state' of Hawaii.The Treason State Of Hawaii and members of the Democratic Party!

Those still protecting and hiding information about this criminal are looking mighty foolish 'stupid' now.The World knows,DC knows and 3/4 'informed' American's knows.And ,what are we STILL going to do about it?

Your right...Nothing!

With a Marxist (AP) media and a 'corrupt ,racist' Federal Justice Dept...WE don't stand a chance.

You can take that to the bank!
edit on 11-1-2012 by truthRconsequences357 because: wtf

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Harrison J. Bounel ?

Hmmm.

It seems I have heard that name somewhere.

Did Michelle Obama refer to that name somewhere ?

Something about an address in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2012 by usernameconspiracy because: deleted as I discovered my sarcasm was already on page 33 of this ridiculous thread...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

edit on 11-1-2012 by usernameconspiracy because: deleted as I discovered my sarcasm was already on page 33 of this ridiculous thread...

i think your edit made me laugh more than the comment you deleted

and i gave you a star
edit on 11-1-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by truthRconsequences357

Over fifty years after becoming one of our fifty states, Hawai’i officials act as though they have no responsibility to citizens of the other forty-nine states and can conceal the original documentation of the first American president born in Hawai’i. We think Hawai’ians are wrong.

After reading the story on that link about Hawaii, the thing that comes to mind is payback.

We took their island, locked up the queen. Put up a bunch of fast food restaurants.

Haole's getting payback now. They got us by the balls.

There are places in Oahu, they live in tents, so poor. On the beach though. If you have to live in a tent Hawaii would be the place to do it. There are big signs, "WE WANT OUT ISLAND BACK!".

I wonder what they would do with it now?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

He was convicted on only one charge, a misdemeanor possession count. So he was not a convicted felon when he regained the office of Mayor in 1994. (Also, since his crime was not a felony, he can probably vote as well...)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Ahh.

Thanks.

That clears up that question.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I would not let anyone work on my car that was barred from driving one. After a while he is going to forget what it is like to be on both ends.

Bad example. Fixing a car had nothing to do with driving a car.

Better example might be to never trust a skinny chef, but on second thought doesn't work either. The best lamb curry I ever had was prepared by a Sikh Vegetarian Chef.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You can take that to the bank!
reply to post by truthRconsequences357

Nice Steven Segal movie reference. You almost had me convinced you were a serious wing nut.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

I would not let anyone work on my car that was barred from driving one. After a while he is going to forget what it is like to be on both ends.

Bad example. Fixing a car had nothing to do with driving a car.

My mechanic would beg to differ.
I as a customer of my mechanic would also like to beg to differ.
Your example is fine too but I stand by mine.

Just to give you a small example.
"Your car is ready, come pick it up."
"So it is running ok again then?"
"Uh, I have no idea but it sounds great from outside the car. Drive it, see if it drives funny."

That is NOT how a good mechanic does things and if he cannot drive my car, he cannot tell if it drives any better or worse than when I dropped it off. I used my specific example for a reason. Thanks again anyway.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Kafternin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Piano tuners are generally not professional musicians.

2nd...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

Piano tuners are generally not professional musicians.

2nd...

Pianos and cars are quite different which is probably why I mentioned a mechanic, who needs to be able to DRIVE MY CAR to know HOW IT DRIVES. Notice I never suggested mechinc = professional racecar driver.

Playing the piano is an art is it not?
Driving a car is a function.
I can use a piano. I cannot really play one that well.

Next try...
Anyone else that wants to argue with my opinion, feel free. I can do this one all night.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Kafternin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join