It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bots: SOPA will be passed by Executive Order on March 1st if not passed by Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying I'm not a big fan of the web bots and Clif High. Here is a link to a description of what they do. They've had some hits like 9/11, the Sumatran earthquake and Katrina but also many misses. The theory of it all is that humans are intrinsically psychic and can send out premonitions, if you will, of the future before it happens. They find this through language analysis. They have a web spider that goes out and downloads snippits of internet chatter, then they map this into data sets and put it on a timeline.

But what really intrigues and worries me is that in the beginning of March, their data runs into a "hard stop", or their data plateaus and just starts to drop off. Clif seems to believe this could be related to SOPA

Here's what he has to say, from the webbotforum:

SOPA puts us here at hph out of business. From what i hear, it will be implemented by
executive order if not passed. Further friends in the telephony industry tell me that officialdom
already has the MS software developed for China censorship ready to implement at the dns
and bit levels. If not passed, the executive order version goes into effect march 1.

do not know if SOPA will be stopped or not. The March discontinuity will overtake everything,
seemingly changing our focus from that point forward. Different from a tipping point, more of
a flattening point, but end result will be similar levels of change.

The data gap is possibly the result of SOPA. If so, hell of a forecast as we have had that
years before they even wrote sopa.

Whether or not it would actually happen is speculation on this point. But I thought I might as well bring this to your attention as it opens up a possibility for SOPA I hadn't considered: being passed by executive order.
edit on 3-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Or it could mean the end of the world as well, just as likely.

Pure speculation. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I do not doubt this possibility. I wonder how the public would react? Probably not too well.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well we'll certainly find out March 2nd.

top topics

join