It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the infamous Hans Kammler?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey ATS,
a part of you have probably already heard about this man.

For those who haven't :

General Dr Hans Friedrich Karl Franz Kammler (August 26, 1901 – May 1945?) was an engineer, high-ranking officer of the SS, and probable member of the Karotechia. He oversaw SS construction projects, and towards the end of World War II was put in charge of the V-2 missile program.
In May 1945, Kammler disappeared. Some reports suggest that he was assassinated by a member of his staff, acting on orders from Himmler not to allow personnel with detailed knowledge of the rocket programme to fall into Allied hands. Others indicate that he may have been killed in action or committed suicide somewhere around Prague. The fact that his exact fate is unknown and that his body was never recovered led to some speculation that he continued his work in the United States after the war, where it is alleged he worked on anti-gravity and other advanced devices.

(Quoted from: fairfieldproject.wikidot.com...)
While going through youtube videos the other day, I found this:

92 year old Orville Kammler sings in German for nieces (Youtube Description)

I just wanted to share this with everyone!

edit on 3/1/2012 by Pakd-on-mystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Velkomen sie inst das US of Amerika.....heinz heinz fer schvines...
Stranger things have happened....
id swear there were a lot of war criminals up country where i used to live (BC Ca.)
Fairly well off dudes of german descent who had isolated spreads etc....I think theres a certain blowback from paper clip that permeates goverment with a stench of the old internment/death camps from way back then......

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well here's the obituary of Orville Kammler.

If he was Hans Kammler, then he died at the age of 108 (August 1901 - April 2010), and they also had to fake his US army service in WW2 - not impossible...but why bother with a German refugee after WW2? There were plenty around with Nazi pasts already...

So I'm going to go with...no...he isn't.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Why bother taking him to the US?

His value to the United States Government would have been huge given his history throughout WW2!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectSRD

They had the scientists who actually designed and built the rockets - an SS administrator "in charge" of the project would be of minimal additional usefulness, if any.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Pakd-on-mystery

Short answer, No it isn't.

Kammler and his staff were captured on the afternoon of 4th April 1945 at Espelkamp by 30AU Commando. Later his drowned body was fished out of a vat of water at Espelakamp and this fact is recorded in the unit history of the 2nd Norfolk Regiment.

It may well be that 30 AU Commando X-troop kidnapped Kammler and took him deep into Germany to round up Nazi scientists with Kammler's complete co-operation but that is another story.

top topics

join