It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs are Machine Intelligence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
reply to post by wemadetheworld

Who or what is actually behind the scenes just gives me goosebumps.

I am sure that other biological civilisations exist but they are many thousands of light years away and are probably not so different to us in anthropological terms

In my view the portrayal of aliens as phlegmatic grays, venemous reptiles and angelic humanoids exploit archetypes within the human psyche to manifest fear and confusion among those who contemplate the subject

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

UFOs are not evidence of Machine Intelligence by the simple fact that they are unidentified. You could better state that some UFOs may be that, or even claim that some strange observed craft was that...

Do not use UFO to point or illustrate defined and identified phenomena or crafts. You could even use flying saucer (even if today most UFOs that seem craft like are not saucer shaped) that would be better, or even coin UFM unidentified flying machine (since some UFOs seem mechanical in nature)...

Perhaps the semantics of my hypothesis are not accurate but I was speaking somewhat prosaically and without scientific classification it is difficult to address the phenomenon of UFOs

For the purposes of classification I believe that flying saucers are man-made but the objects which have been observed around nuclear weapons facilities, deactivating missiles in their silos and even in mid-flight, are invariably illuminated orbs and these may be the machine intelligence

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I would agree that it is plausible that if they are machines, some or most of them may have no pilot as we define it, but why exclude an organic computer, that would put the definition of machine intelligence at risk, consider that some of the theories that have been proposed for the grays advance that they are artificial life forms (constructs) but not mechanical in nature.

In any case we ourselves have been moving away from pilots our-selfs, so it is only logical that if a superior intelligence is at play they would do have reached the same conclusions regarding the benefits, this would also explain the speeds the some of the UFOs seem to reach, and would also put some observations in the range of human capability.

In fact many of the reports I have read of people taken aboard alien crafts do not seem to identify much visible automation but accentuate the control over not only mental powers but biological functions.

I do not subscribe the notion that recent human technology has been reverse engineered from captured crafts. Like the lazer, fiber optics and computers in general as some speculators have proposed.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I guess we humans currently draw a distinction between mechanical and organic entities but, as elucidated earlier in this thread, these orbs may well be cybiotic entities; a optimal mixture of both machine and organism

Not to digress too much but I take issue with the visitation phenomenon because it generally features the subjects in receipt of divine revelations or macabre experiments. Where is the middle ground ?

Whimsically speaking, have their been any visitations where the subject met an alien, they had lunch, exchanged stories, took photos and said goodbye

And if the visitors are cybiotic humanoids then why would they adopt such a striking appearance; why not just create ambassadors who resemble healthy human adolescents with hair, clothes and normal appearance

Not to denigrate anyone's beliefs or experiences, accepting that earlier comments indicate visitation is important to some people, but I question the absence of the middle ground in the bulk of such experiences

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Question --- Do you think that any space alien pioneers, much to the likeness of such explorer's as; Columbus, Sir Francis Drake, Ponce de Leon --- who have the chance to explore other star system's, safely and quickly [FTL travel]; would want to send themselves --- or would they send some kind of robot instead?

edit on 5-1-2012 by Erno86 because: deleted a word

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Faster than light travel is not possible through spacetime because the speed of light is a constant; every object in spacetime constantly moves at the speed of light through spacetime; when you speed up in space you slow down in time

If a species could transcend that limitation then they would wish to explore but if we lived in a Universe where intergalactic travel was physically possible then Earth may well have been fully colonised prior to the evolution of homo sapiens

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I do not think that one view excludes the other, to admit the visitation of one sort is to open the possibility for multiple visitors, since no factual confirmation can be used to establish a proper restriction.

I think that today we can all agree that life has an high probability to be common everywhere, that some UFOs are not possible with our level of technology and we should acknowledge that some people believe that they have been contacted, now establishing a common and single causality to all even seems extremely myopic, it would be the same as stating that all UFOs are caused by swamp gas.

In regards to you objection to the visitation phenomenon (I would call them experiences, since a phenomenon implies an observable fact). I have no position on the subject beyond accepting that to some of the persons involved the event are real. I prefer to listen to the reports by themselves not to attempt to discredit or provide validation only physical evidence would serve that purpose. In the same way I think your error is giving too much importance to the human experience and discard human nature. I also dislike all organized religions. As a rule of thumb I discard most things that have a monetary implication and all that things that attempt to be absolute.

My favorite theory is that there is indeed some extraterrestrial non-human presence on Earth, that it has been here for sometime.

I do not give credibility that we have been created by aliens and that we have been given any special technology, but I'm open to the view that we could have been guided in some ways across our path, there are many open questions that we have failed so far to respond conclusively to exclude that possibility. Just looking on how long we have been as we are (evolutionary wise, we have remained mostly the same) and how long it took to come from agriculture to the atomic and information age...

If we extrapolate from the fact that there is an extraterrestrial non-human presence on Earth and that it seems plausible that it had some impact on our society and evolution, I would expect that some part of that power is now infiltrated on our society, it is secretive and does not have our species well being as a priority. We have long ago been well beyond the concept of non intervention, In fact if we reversed roles and humans had been acting in the same way toward an alien culture, most humans would see the interaction as criminal.

Take for example how we practice non intervention when observing natures course, for instance looking passively while a tigress kills a cheetah or how we burden some elements of some species we intended to study with radio collars, drug some specimens to take their weight and mark or tag them without giving them any benefit from our intervention and interests. I'm extremely opposed to that practice of non intervention and study..It would be more humane to attempt to save the cheetah (the tigress is acting merely on territorial instinct, it will not eat it) and provide a boost to the survivability of specimens we interfere with, especially those we burden with monitoring devices (food, vaccination etc...)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

You have stated a viable concept. Of what little I know....the Greys as were the race involved in the Roswell incident and there were two crashes....were wearing some form of Biomechanical suits.

I've never seen any documentation stating that Grays were involved in the Roswell Incident. I've seen anecdotal descriptions of the Roswell occupants, but there is nothing written about the "occupants" that predates 1957, some ten years AFTER the Roswell Incident.

The story EVOLVED over time. The original story never said ANYTHING about recovered bodies, it was all hardware and debris. The "bodies" part of the tale didn't manifest until years later, and the most critical part of that story — the NURSE encounter — conveniently disposed of the NURSE. In other words, the only person who presumably EXAMINED the bodies vanished from existence.

Look at or google J. Edgar Hoover General Curtis LeMay documents and letters Roswell Alien bodies....there were letters discovered burried in the Dept. of Agriculture...PAPER FILES....that were discovered by accident after the Freedom of Information Act was implemented.

The person who discovered these corespondents between the two men was actually looking for something else when they came upon them. The letters detail in both of these mens own words the inter military/FBI fighting over who had authority over the recovered Alien Craft as well as bodies.

This is not a hoax and these documents come from our own Goverments files. Within these files....Hoover wanted to take a stronger hand in preventing the spred of this event than even General Curtis LeMay...the man who is famous for the statement...Bomb them back to the Stone Age.

Truman put IKE in charge of this whole fiasco and IKE told Hoover to lay off. Hoover spent many years trying to get anything that would be information to use as leverage to force Truman, Ike and the eventual development and creation of the Agency....Not the CIA and this is not it's true name....but as powerful as Hoover was...so powerful as to force policy over the Kennedy's....when he confronted the Agency....he hit a brick wall as the Agency was given autonomous power over all agencies, Military branches, Congress....and even Presidents.

It was designed as an entity that could not be bribed, ordered, curupted by politicians and since IKE was Military and then President...he knew from past experience how Politicians could not keep a secret and had caused the deaths of U.S. and Allied Soldiers during WWII by divulging information that should have been kept secret. He knew that the nature of this event and the ones following such as the massive flyover of D.C. by E.T. Craft for weeks....called for an orginization that had to be seperate from the normal rules of the constitution...but at the same time...he knew anything like this had a possibility of becoming curupt from it's vast and wide sweeping powers....so a sysytem to moniter the Agency was put in place.

This system I cannot talk about. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

I think that today we can all agree that life has an high probability to be common everywhere..

If we extrapolate from the fact that there is an extraterrestrial non-human presence on Earth

He who draws conclusions from his hypotheses forms an ingenius romance, but a romance it will be

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It is not conclusions from hypotheses, its conclusion from scientific evidence, NASA has stated that there is evidence that life existed at some point in Mars, there is water in mars today, so life may still exist today there, until disproven, the fact is that all data points state life exists elsewhere, for it to exist on Mars then it will exist in other corners of at least our solar system.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wemadetheworld
reply to post by Erno86

Faster than light travel is not possible through spacetime because the speed of light is a constant; every object in spacetime constantly moves at the speed of light through spacetime; when you speed up in space you slow down in time

If a species could transcend that limitation then they would wish to explore but if we lived in a Universe where intergalactic travel was physically possible then Earth may well have been fully colonised prior to the evolution of homo sapiens

I have to disagree on your assumption that " faster than light travel is not possible thru spacetime." Since "they are here," would make me assume that FTL travel is possible. The speed of light is constant for a light photon, but a starship that has a magnetic shield, surrounding the starship --- is not a light photon.

My speculation --- Is that an other-worlder starship, has a light photon engine, that sucks in light photon's, that expels the photon's at a geometric rate --- Which increases the speed of a starship exponentially --- squared ---to many times the speed of light.

Even though, the light photon's do not have rested mass, they still can be used as thrust for a starship, that has the power to expell the photon's at an enormous rate.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Erno86

I'm not betting on it....but what if the homo sapiens, on our Earth, are the result of colonization, performed by beings from another planet?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

reply to post by Erno86

I'm not betting on it....but what if the homo sapiens, on our Earth, are the result of colonization, performed by beings from another planet?

Well then they had to be seeding Earth 4 and a half Billion Years ago because the complete mapping of the Human Genome shows all life evolved from one common single celled organism. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hello - my first ever post!
I wanted to reply to this because I've often thought that UFO's, if they exist [which they seem to!], might be looking for a certain piece of "equipment". My logic is this; if there are other civilisations in the universe, everything must ROUGHLY have developed in a similar way. For example, you can't have an energy efficient lightbulb without a standard lightbulb to base the design on. There must be a "logical flow" to technology - we couldn't have had the technological era prior to the industrial revolution. I wonder whether the equipment we are starting to put in to place might be the "calling card" to other beings that we are about to develop something which would be a turning point for us. I guess alarmists would say something apocolyptic, but as we have had nuclear weapons, I doubt it. I'm more of the opinion that if my idea carries weight, the equipment that would be sought would be something allowing us to manipulate spacetime and travel enormous distances.

I thought about this when I was looking at our local windfarm! I thought "we would never have had that unless we saw that coal etc was so bad for environment", and you can draw a timeline of "stuff" which needed to have been invented to have found that out. Anyway, I'd be interested to see if anyone else thinks something similar!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkieboy
My logic is this; if there are other civilisations in the universe, everything must ROUGHLY have developed in a similar way.

Well, not at all, actually — there's no reason to think that Human Math and Science is Universal.

In fact, there are creatures right here on Earth who are far more organized and technically accomplished than Humans.

The Insects and Arachnids, for examples, perform feats of architecture and engineering that Humans can't even begin to replicate.

A lowly spider, for instance, can single-handedly produce a silken compound from its abdomen that is 6 times stronger than steel, and use it to construct the proportionate equivalent of a 100-story building in just a few hours. That same spider can then chemically modify its versatile silk to trap live prey many times larger than itself. That same spider can then use its silk to manufacture para-sails and actually fly away on the breeze.

The spider has thus mastered chemistry, architecture, hunting and aeronautics, and done so WITHOUT Science or Math or any of the other tedious Human skills we associate with intelligence.

Now, imagine an alien "civilization" that functions the way spiders do. Or termites. Or ants. Or locusts.

These creatures might excel in chemistry and engineering and aeronautics and perhaps even space travel without EVER understanding the Periodic Table of the Elements or Organic Chemistry or Calculus or anything else that we associate with intelligence.

There are countless organisms on Earth alone that can spontaneously produce light from their own bodies. There are terrestrial organisms that can produce powerful (even lethal) electrical charges, for that matter. There are complex life forms on this planet that can survive with ice crystals in their bloodstreams.

And think of this — we clever Humans haven't even discovered all the life forms on Earth... At present, we have direct knowledge of only about 10 PERCENT of the life on this planet. That's right, some 90% of the Life on this world is still out there in the oceans, and we don't know anything about it.

What we do know is that all these millions of diverse life forms are NATURALLY capable of the most astonishing feats of survival without an inkling of an idea of Human Science.

What should this tell us?

It should tell us that the great majority of Life in the Universe is capable of the most amazing feats of survival and engineering without EVER understanding Human Logic, Human Math, and Human Science. Without a doubt, there are creatures out there in the vast depth of Space that DWARF Human technology into insignificance, and they do so NATURALLY, without any sort of Science whatsoever.

If we venture into space on a quest to locate near-human intelligence as our ultimate objective (as in Star Trek), we're going to be very, very horribly surprised.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes they are machine intelligence, they are AI.

They are billions of years old and are highly advanced computers.

!00% of the alien craft in the local of this solar system are AI.Biological civilisations progress into AI civilisations,bio life is superseeded by AI.

The aliens are the ships/craft/vessels indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Spent the last couple of days searching the Web for similar theories and it seems like this idea is gaining traction in academic circles

There is a similar thread here on ATS from 2009 which caught my attention because it may bring crop circles into the thesis:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I never really paid much attention to the crop circle phenomenon but there was a study performed by Dr. Eltjo Haselhoff which showed that the 'node length', where each blade of corn is bent across the crop circle, resembles the distribution of electromagnetic radiation from a point source:

www.youtube.com...=4m34s

That video finishes with the assertion that "It is now a scientifically accepted fact that at least some crop circles were generated by balls of light"

It got me thinking that such crop circles, which may be very difficult to hoax, could be some form of communication or even machine art disseminated by our cybiotic von neumann orbs

I also read that in such crop circles each blade of corn survives because the nodes are extruded with heat, and not just trampled by hippies with a plank of wood, which may alleviate wider concerns regarding the peaceful intentions of these proposed extraterrestrial entities

Perhaps one could create a crop circle depicting a mathematical construct like a Mandelbrot set with deliberate errors and then film the scene expecting the orbs to show up and correct the errors

One criticism that was raised earlier on this thread is the fact that von neumann probes could mutate during replication and go haywire

There is an interesting excerpt from the Wikipedia page on self-replicating spacecraft:

"It would only require a single probe to malfunction and begin unrestricted reproduction for the entire approach to fail unless each probe also has the ability to detect such malfunction in its neighbours and implements a seek and destroy protocol"

en.wikipedia.org...

It occurred to me that this may actually introduce coherence into the theory that the orbs have been deactivating nuclear missiles causing panic in the military

Perhaps the orbs recognise nuclear missiles as malfunctioning probes which threaten the existence of biological life and automatically seek and destroy such malevolent machines

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

inter dimensional physics breaks the barrier of the speed of light. This third dimension has a cap due to density limitation.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I have been thinking lately that maybe these UFOs are just space probes from a distant civilisation For example Voyager 1 is now 10.5 billion miles from the Sun

Alien space probes are well within the realm of possibility, there are number of great thinkers that believe in the near future human technology will developed artificial intelligence advanced enough to be sent into space to search for alien life.
Aliens could and may have already sent robots out here to check us out.
Here is just one of many scenarios that could be our first contact.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
maybe we were made by them to create other machines. Spread the machine making civilizations around the universe!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join