It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs are Machine Intelligence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I mean, HOW FAST do you need to travel to disseminate LIFE throughout the Universe? I mean, the only REASON you'd need FTL propulsion is that so you could spread LIFE within your lifetime, so you could GLOAT over it. And that's not necessary.

You could spread Life throughout the Universe at 60 miles per second, about the speed of your average asteroid or comet.

Why must it be faster than that?

That's PROBABLY how fast Life was traveling when it encountered Mars or Earth or Europa, right? There's no reason that MANNED space travel over 40 years is any better than a handful of bacteria riding on an asteroid for a few million years.

edit on 3-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
How about cybiotic creatures in general, rather than creating these machines they are grown instead. These UFO would be like nerves in a universal nervous system

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well, how about this... With our present technology, we could launch BILLIONS of bacterial specimens in all directions from Earth, out into the depths of space, without much concern for whether or not they'd ever find a home similar to Earth. Just throw seeds into the cosmos, right?

That's what pan spermia is all about. Just throw SEEDS into the universe, as soon as we're capable of throwing those seeds.

That's PROBABLY how our planet was "seeded" with LIFE three and a half billion years ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan
Well, how about this... With our present technology, we could launch BILLIONS of bacterial specimens in all directions from Earth, out into the depths of space, without much concern for whether or not they'd ever find a home similar to Earth. Just throw seeds into the cosmos, right?

That's what pan spermia is all about. Just throw SEEDS into the universe, as soon as we're capable of throwing those seeds.

That's PROBABLY how our planet was "seeded" with LIFE three and a half billion years ago.

Sure but what does that have to do with UFOs being artificial lifeforms

TheMur just added a comment regarding cybiotic creatures that really moves the debate forward

Please Zesko refrain from posting another comment in this thread unless it advances the topic of debate

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wemadetheworld
Please Zesko refrain from posting another comment in this thread unless it advances the topic of debate

Um, how about this... Refrain from trying to steer the conversation when you have no idea of the complexity of the discussion?

You aren't actually going to try to CENSOR me for adding more content than you have, right? Because I'm WAY ahead of you in content.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I've already remarked on the UNLIKELIHOOD of "machine intelligence"... What is MORE likely, and more intellectually VAST, is the contemplation that LIFE moves around in this Universe at ploddingly SLOW velocities.

No, "machine intelligence" is NOT an advanced concept — it's a purely 20th Century technology sort of concept.

MORE ADVANCED technology would craft a highly resilient vessel for the transportation of VERY SIMPLE biological components. A COMET containing complex organic molecules over BILLIONS of years is a BETTER method of spreading LIFE than is a capsule containing a few complex organisms for a few decades, is t not?

Do you understand that? I doubt it.

edit on 4-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

TheMur just added a comment regarding cybiotic creatures that really moves the debate forward

Hehe heh heh... Yeah, Mur is just a FOUNTAIN of intelligence. Moves the "debate" forward toward WHAT, exactly?

Heh heh heh

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Transformers? I wish, that be sweet, except all the dead civilians, which happened a lot during those movies i noticed. But who the f*** knows, could be any thing at all. I like your idea, perhaps very advanced unmanned recon/surveillance/preemptive craft. Be more efficient than a manned mission to earth, probably cheaper for them too. I wouldn't say that for all the sightings tho. Those little green, more like grey men, gotta get here some how
edit on 4-1-2012 by sladewilson because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sladewilson
I like your idea, perhaps very advanced unmanned recon/surveillance/preemptive craft. Be more efficient than a manned mission to earth, probably cheaper for them too.

However, if your interest is "cheaper" space travel, the ULTIMATE technology is bacterial... Bacteria can traverse the most hostile interplanetary and interstellar space, riding in asteroids and comets. Self-replicating bacteria are, therefore, the most expedient means of spreading complex LIFE throughout the Universe.

There's no reason to waste time and resources transporting big, nasty, bulky humans or other primates from one starsystem to another. Life is Life, is it not? Send bacteria and allow it to do its job.

See? The problem you all have is a problem of perception... You think that YOU here in the 21st Century absolutely MUST see human beings poking around in the Vega starsystem, or way off in Sirius.

It's not going to happen. EVER. Nobody you know, none of your children, none of your great great great great great great grandchildren are ever going to travel to another starsystem. They're never going to write letters or send you postcards from Cygnus, okay?

Our ultimate objective in this Universe is to launch LIFE away into the void without any hope of ever hearing an echo from it.

The most economic and efficient way to do that is to launch BACTERIA off into the vastness. Engineer the bacteria any way you wish; but DON'T try to send monkeys and humans and your MACHINES off into the void — sustained by trillions of dollars investment — because they'll never survive.

Hate to break it to you, but humanity and its primitive machines will NEVER reach far into the future. Our species and our technology is decidedly FINITE.

Bacteria, on the other hand, WILL reach billions of years into the future, with minimal investment in life support and technology.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Please Zesko start your own thread with the title 'UFOs are bacterial' or whatever it is you are saying

This is my thread and it is a discussion of the idea that UFOs are machine intelligence

I thought these forums were moderated

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Please Zesko start your own thread with the title 'UFOs are bacterial' or whatever it is you are saying

This is my thread and it is a discussion of the idea that UFOs are machine intelligence

I thought these forums were moderated

Moderated to keep our minds CLOSED to the topic you have opened?

Perhaps you would like EVERYONE to think as you do, without variation; but, once you make a suggestion, my little friend, OTHER minds assume control of the conversation.

Your original thesis was "I have been thinking lately that maybe these UFOs are just space probes from a distant civilisation..."

You made no stipulation that our minds remain confined to your thinking as of late.

I take your thinking to another and more probable level. Pardon, but we don't need your permission to THINK for ourselves. Report me to the moderators if you wish — but replies such as mine make your thread MORE INTERESTING.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here, let's do it YOUR way...

I have been thinking lately that maybe these UFOs are just space probes from a distant civilisation

Okay, so you've been thinking.

For example Voyager 1 is now 10.5 billion miles from the Sun which isn't very far in cosmological terms

However a more advanced civilisation could have sent highly intelligent probes much further

This doesn't make any sense at all. What equation are you using? Why do our feeble HUMAN attempts at near space exploration somehow mean that there are extraterrestrial attempts at deep space exploration? There's no equation there.

Unless you think all intelligence in the Universe is HUMAN intelligence. You don't actually think Star Trek is a viable model for the Universe, do you?

Maybe these probes are programmed to detect nuclear tests, like the Trinity tests in 1945, and then zoom along to the source of the consequent EMP or gamma ray burst

So, I'm supposed to just cast aside my intelligence and follow this flow of thought, right? Because it makes you happy? No. Pardon, but your train of thought makes no sense, except to fantasy screenwriters.

So the first such probes appear in the late 1940s and begin to interfere with nuclear weapons facilities

Let's be a little LOGICAL here, okay? May I ask you WHY the "first such probes" arrived here in the 1940s to interfere with our feeble nuclear weapons research? How would they KNOW we were tampering with nuclear fission, prior to our first nuclear tests in the mid-40s?

There is NO WAY that a far-flung "civilization" could have known we were jacking with nuclear technology PRIOR to our detonating our first nuclear weapons. Why? Because LIGHT SPEED dictates that all our transmissions didn't even REACH the nearest starsystem for 4 YEARS after we decided to blow everything up.

See, you are laboring under the Star Trek misconception that people over on Vulcan immediately KNOW what we're doing on Earth. Pardon, but that's not the way it works. No, there is no Star Trek subspace communication... There is no Tardis, okay?

Which might explain the pathological state secrecy around this phenomenon

OR...... There is NO secrecy, except in your mind, because you insist on everyone thinking as do you.

Everybody wonders why we see UFOs but not aliens

Maybe the UFOs _are_ the aliens

No, your logic doesn't work. Firstly, there's no reason to even THINK that UFOs are "alien" technology. No evidence to support it. You say "everyone wonders"; but that's not true.

YOU wonder.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Mod note:

Please post to the topic of the OP.... UFO's are Machine Intelligence.

A discussion on bacteria, as the seeds for spreading life, could be another thread.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Mod note:

Please post to the topic of the OP.... UFO's are Machine Intelligence.

A discussion on bacteria, as the seeds for spreading life, could be another thread.

Thanks

My "bacterial" discussion is the ultimate end of the "machine intelligence" thesis. Sorry you don't see that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
How about cybiotic creatures in general, rather than creating these machines they are grown instead. These UFO would be like nerves in a universal nervous system

I have always wondered how a molecular assembler might work in practice

Classical theories suggest that one method may be to create machines that create smaller machines that create smaller machines

However a biomolecular assembler may be more realistic; leveraging the strategy adopted by nature to clone cells

There is some interesting research going on around self-assembling biosensors:

www.news-medical.net...

And the UFOs as nerves in a Universal nervous system is pure genius

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I believe that the UFO's are controlled by beings but the rods are indeed machines with intelligence who serve as cameras.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan
I've already remarked on the UNLIKELIHOOD of "machine intelligence"... What is MORE likely, and more intellectually VAST, is the contemplation that LIFE moves around in this Universe at ploddingly SLOW velocities.

No, "machine intelligence" is NOT an advanced concept — it's a purely 20th Century technology sort of concept.

MORE ADVANCED technology would craft a highly resilient vessel for the transportation of VERY SIMPLE biological components. A COMET containing complex organic molecules over BILLIONS of years is a BETTER method of spreading LIFE than is a capsule containing a few complex organisms for a few decades, is t not?

Do you understand that? I doubt it.

This is most likely true. In our most advanced engineering here on earth we are struggling to mimic effects of living organisms, particularly the ability to heal from damage. We're actively attempting to engineer concrete that, when it cracks as concrete always does, releases nano-sized particles of glue to seal the cracks, thus increasing the usable life and strength of the concrete, for instance. Anything that's going to go into space for long periods of time will have to be able to maintain itself, and in such a way that nothing wears out. If dust renders it ineffective after a handful of years a'la Mars Rover, well, it won't be very useful for anything beyond the level of a solar system. For interstellar travel it would have to be able to maintain itself in a biological fashion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by errihuFor interstellar travel it would have to be able to maintain itself in a biological fashion.

There is a great novel by Neal Stephenson called The Diamond Age that somewhat romantically postulates that a molecular assembler could fabricate diamond in order to make everything virtually indestructible

Before this thread went off-topic for a while we were debating self-replicating spacecraft which may give birth to fresh children at regular intervals:

Probes which are programmed to travel a few light years and find resources to self-replicate, perhaps with inheritance and mutation based on accumulated data, then send the resultant children off in different directions which follow the same programming to infinite regress

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
After reading Michel Desmarquet's book,The Thiaoouba Prophecies, the Extraterrestrials who hosted and educated him used Interstellar Craft to travel beyond the speed of light for interplanetary travel and used remote controlled craft for performing soil and/or air samples and other scientific analysis upon the planets themselves.

For travel to and from the main craft themselves they used teleportation.

We have only been able to leave the ground via mechanized flight within the last 100 years or so.

Imagine where our technology might be 100's or 1000's of years from now?

This level of sophistication is where many if not most of the ET's technology is and why it is so far advanced beyond our own.

For They've had quite a significant head start....for thousands if not millions of years.

When Werner Von Braun was once asked as to how the Germans had achieved such advanced Rocket propulsion tech. and knowledge he claimed "that we had help from Up There" while pointing to the sky.

Though Desmarquet pronounced (day-mar-kay) book is according to him is Non Fiction, but true, many will doubt it which is wholly understandable.

But as with everything I read , I try to cross verify information provided with that originating from other sources.

Of what I researched as it pertains to our own knowledge of ancient civilizations here on earth.

All of it was true which gave me a bit more confidence in the overall story and as to why I am recommending it as if anything, a very intriguing and interesting story to read.. The book is free and in PDF format.
I will not post links due to our latest Censorship stipulations ....google is your friend.

Either Educate ....or continue to Obfuscate yourself.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join