It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs are Machine Intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have been thinking lately that maybe these UFOs are just space probes from a distant civilisation

For example Voyager 1 is now 10.5 billion miles from the Sun which isn't very far in cosmological terms

However a more advanced civilisation could have sent highly intelligent probes much further

Maybe these probes are programmed to detect nuclear tests, like the Trinity tests in 1945, and then zoom along to the source of the consequent EMP or gamma ray burst

So the first such probes appear in the late 1940s and begin to interfere with nuclear weapons facilities

Which might explain the pathological state secrecy around this phenomenon

Everybody wonders why we see UFOs but not aliens

Maybe the UFOs _are_ the aliens

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wemadetheworld

This theory has always been my explanation for "orbs" or light generating objects seen at night.
Just to add to your theory... these probes could travel through wormholes or even travel the speed of light without changing the time from which long distance light travel could affect, or life for that matter. Thus allowing et's from long distances to travel to distant planets to monitor, visit, or find planets that are suitable for travel in physical form.
Why risk being seen, or threatened by an unknown civilization if you have the technology to protect yourself.
Your idea makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Interesting post. I think it is definitely a possibility.

I agree that their technology would be far superior to ours, but on the other hand their 'spirituality' would also be far more advanced (Much more seeing as spirituality is still quite suppressed here on Earth)

While they very well might have drones that can sense our nuclear explosions, I'm sure they also have very fancy ways of travelling themselves, without a craft.

S+F

To clarify: By 'spirituality', I mean topics that we might consider fringe, or psuedo-science. I don't mean to derail the thread or start a troll-feast.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
AI probes with hubble telescopic and supercomputer capabilities is something I have considered.
I would assume every so often they could come in close to investigate certain activities then return back to their forward operating base somewhere in the solar system, sit in orbit around jupiter and just watch us, in constant communication, maybe teams of probes.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I thought along those same lines years ago but I question the nuclear theory due to what goes on in the universe and the very small scale of Earth's nuclear signature as seen below in a snippet.

The Sun is the most prominent feature in our solar system. It is the largest object and contains approximately 98% of the total solar system mass. One hundred and nine Earths would be required to fit across the Sun's disk, and its interior could hold over 1.3 million Earths.

The Sun's outer visible layer is called the photosphere and has a temperature of 6,000°C (11,000°F). This layer has a mottled appearance due to the turbulent eruptions of energy at the surface. Solar energy is created deep within the core of the Sun. It is here that the temperature (15,000,000° C; 27,000,000° F) and pressure (340 billion times Earth's air pressure at sea level) is so intense that nuclear reactions take place.

source: www.solarviews.com...

Not saying the probe theory is invalid but our nuclear usage is miniscule compared to the whole.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Your theory has merit, but what about the UFO's seen in the 1800's and even earlier? Surely no nuclear testing was going on then.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wemadetheworld
I have been thinking lately that maybe these UFOs are just space probes from a distant civilisation

For example Voyager 1 is now 10.5 billion miles from the Sun which isn't very far in cosmological terms

However a more advanced civilisation could have sent highly intelligent probes much further

Maybe these probes are programmed to detect nuclear tests, like the Trinity tests in 1945, and then zoom along to the source of the consequent EMP or gamma ray burst

Good point maybe we are seeing probes like you said. that are just trying to find out info. like we do here on earth. that makes a lot of sence. We do it all the time It wouldn't be crazy to think aliens do the same thing it is safer to gather info that way then to come thier selves. Aliens somewhere else might be seeing our probes and freaking out and recording them just like we do here! They are probaly studing the universe just like us.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
I thought along those same lines years ago but I question the nuclear theory due to what goes on in the universe and the very small scale of Earth's nuclear signature as seen below in a snippet.

Not saying the probe theory is invalid but our nuclear usage is miniscule compared to the whole.

Indeed our nuclear tests would be very quiet compared to the Sun but apparently man-made nuclear explosions have a distinctive signature

However any such radiation apparently powers-out at great distances for example television signals may drop out after one light year and the aforementioned gamma ray bursts may drop out soon after

So these probes would have to be fairly close to Earth to observe our nuclear tests and moreover to travel here in the period 1945 to 1947 at subluminal velocity

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would imagine that they would be interested in our nuclear weapons technology because they don't want us to incinerate our race and our very precious biosphere

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I would imagine that they would be interested in our nuclear weapons technology because they don't want us to incinerate our race and our very precious biosphere

Exactly - it may be case that habitable planets are quite rare across space and time

Any civilisation will evenutally discover that E=mc^2 and perhaps our alien benefactors experienced nuclear holocaust and acted to prevent the same catastrophe elsewhere in the Universe

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have always though that most (if not all) UFOs were likely controlled by some sort of AI. Considering that a lot of the planets in our galaxy are millions/billions of years older than Earth, the level of AI they have, would be similar to that of Ian M Banks "Culture" ships, or even better.

If you have a civilisation that wants to explore a massive galaxy quickly, it only makes sense to send out AI ships rather than "bodies". Cheaper, safer and far more efficient.
edit on 3-1-2012 by pixiegonebad because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by pixiegonebad because: stupidity

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I wonder if they are capable of FTL or even instantaneous communication with the rest of their civilization?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So, how do you explain the humanoid encounters, beings around a landed craft, abductions, etc.?
You'll have to come up with a better theory to explain these particular reports, or are you wanting to dismiss them as the government does and as MUFON used to do? Be advised that any work-around theory that does that complicates the whole show, plus. of course, hurts its own credibility. Why imagine something that goes against the grain of what seems to be the obvious?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No, I don't think UFOs are "machine intelligence," inasmuch as there is absolutely no evidence that they are machines in the first place. No, the anecdotal tales of Roswell and Area 51 and Wright-Patterson AFB do not constitute "evidence" for the existence of "extraterrestrials" or even the assertion that UFOs are machines.

"Real evidence" is visual sighting or photography or videography by witnesses of good repute (such as military or police personnel or commercial pilots) coupled with radar spikes that indicate actual objects recorded by our best equipment.

What we know about "real" UFOs observed by witnesses of good repute coupled with radar technology is that even the most gigantic UFOs can seemingly switch their visibility on and off at will, making themselves invisible even to radar.

Additionally, they've been observed moving so fast as to defy belief, and they do so WITHOUT creating atmospheric disturbances such as "sonic booms"... As if they are nothing more than visual projections of objects that aren't actually there.

Beyond that, no UFO has ever been seen outside of the Earth-Moon system... According to our best evidence, UFOs are entirely localized to Earth. Therefore, there's no reason to assume that they are "extraterrestrial" in origin.

My contention for the last 20 years has been that UFOs originate on Earth. There's no real evidence to suggest otherwise.

As for their phantom-like ability to appear and disappear without causing even a ripple, this suggests that they're not operating entirely within our 4 known dimensions. That's why I think UFOs are interdimensional objects, perhaps operating in the 5th or higher dimensions, and only barely entering our 4-dimensional reality.

That still doesn't mean they're "extraterrestrial"... Indeed, the anecdotal descriptions of Grays and Reptilians and Nords and all the others sound like familiar terrestrial creatures, entities that probably evolved like us right here on Earth.

edit on 3-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I wonder if they are capable of FTL or even instantaneous communication with the rest of their civilization?

Interdimensional vehicles don't need to travel FTL. They don't have to traverse physical space at all. An interdimensional vehicle could, theoretically, travel from one galaxy to another in a split second, without ever going faster than walking speed.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan

Interdimensional vehicles don't need to travel FTL. They don't have to traverse physical space at all. An interdimensional vehicle could, theoretically, travel from one galaxy to another in a split second, without ever going faster than walking speed.

Not to argue over unknown physics, but the higher dimensions postulated by superstring theory are small and curled up with no more extent than the Planck length

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

they are machine based. they come here to earth without a suit they die just like area 51 they all died. they have to have machines. Area 51 disaster was a loss an accident, they died. The machines come down and visit us. They cannot. OK.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
So, how do you explain the humanoid encounters, beings around a landed craft, abductions, etc.?
You'll have to come up with a better theory to explain these particular reports, or are you wanting to dismiss them as the government does and as MUFON used to do? Be advised that any work-around theory that does that complicates the whole show, plus. of course, hurts its own credibility. Why imagine something that goes against the grain of what seems to be the obvious?

But do you have a cohesive theory using known physics that would result in biological organisms travelling hundreds or even thousands of light years without becoming nomadic drifters with a library of advanced science but ultimately blighted by centuries of limited resources, stoichism, malaise and inbreeding

Perhaps close encounters of the third kind are a kind of modern folklore perpetuated by hoaxes, propaganda and other sources of fiction

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by topcat7

This theory has always been my explanation for "orbs" or light generating objects seen at night.
Just to add to your theory... these probes could travel through wormholes or even travel the speed of light without changing the time from which long distance light travel could affect, or life for that matter. Thus allowing et's from long distances to travel to distant planets to monitor, visit, or find planets that are suitable for travel in physical form.
Why risk being seen, or threatened by an unknown civilization if you have the technology to protect yourself.
Your idea makes sense to me.

They do not have the tech to protect themselves, that is why they interbreed with us.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I believe it is a combination. It might explain the waves of sightings. The probes come and obviously discover alot of things, time passes and then you get appearances like what happened in Phoenix....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join