It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GTA Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I've heard that GTA San Andreas has been delayed by a week. Rockstar say they want to test the game to make sure theres no bugs! I on the otherhand dont believe a word of it.

I have pre-ordered the game aswell as many others. The interest they make on our money is out-of this world. They are delaying the game by a week to make more interest. there been greedy!

I am a loyal GTA fan, but this is pathetic, from all the sreenshots they've released and the trailer they have shown 2 months prior to its release seems that they have made outstanding progress.

Does anyone else have views on this?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I got my pre-order yesterday, so I hope they don't delay it. That would be lame. I wouldn't be surprised if they did delay it, but it would probably just make a lot of people mad.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh for christs sakes. Video Games get delayed all the TIME.

As a matter of fact most games are delayed at one point or another so this is nothing new. Delaying it to generate interest? Of course not. GTA has a very loyal fanbase already and will buy the game on the first day. So why would Rockstar Games piss off their fans who have been waiting for this game for months for no good reason?

Think about it. The game will sell Million of copies whether it was released on time or delayed. It really doesnt matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's common, happened with the last GTA:

"The title's launch date was moved to allow additional time for final testing of the game, which exceeds the size, depth and scope of traditional videogames," read the report. Ironically, a similar scenario unfolded in 2002 when Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was also delayed one week.

I, also can't wait to get my copy, but a week ain't gonna hurt.
www.gamespot.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Someone already started a post on this, cant remember who it was, hope it wasnt you again cos aint that against the T&C's of this site? Yeah you did! tut tut tut

[Edited on 11/9/04 by Stuey1221]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's so stupid how most game delays are not because the game will take longer to finish, but because of some marketing problem. And they always make up some long excuse that basically tells you nothing as to why the game is delayed.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I can't believe so many people are ranting about this. (keep in mind I'm one of the biggest GTA fan ever)

Even if it's not always for debugging purpose, you'd prefer that they put out on the market something that isn't finished, just for the sake of respecting the goddamn release date?

Releasing unfinished product to fit with the previously planned release date... That reminds me of something. Microsoft products.

So you'd like your next GTA with tons of bug in it and patches to download each week? No thank you. I can wait. Besides, I usually get stuff before official release date lol...

[Edited on 11-9-2004 by m0rbid]

top topics

join