It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hexagonal shapes in planetary bodies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ok so i know the hexagonal shape of saturns north pole has been covered but thats not the only one.

Moon

mercury

Iapetus

Mars

There are many more, i have been interested by this for years.

Are they hand made?
Are they natural?
people just cant seem to come up with a rational explanation hopefully you guys on ATS may be able to help me out a little.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Giant's Causeway. Wiki
Wish I knew how to embed pictures...maybe someone could search it and help me out with that.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I am sorry, but none of the images exhibit natural structures of hexagonal geometry.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

i dont get what you mean?

do you mean they are not natural in the way they must of been built?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Most people do not know about this topic.
Google saturn worship

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They look like they were made by someone or something.If they are not natural then there must be some sort of underground base below.But then again,they could be some natural shapes made by the influence of gravity on the planet/moon.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I am sorry. The way I formed the sentence sounds ambiguous indeed. I meant that the natural structures that are shown in the images don't appear (to me at least) as having hexagonal geometry.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
I am sorry, but none of the images exhibit natural structures of hexagonal geometry.

Agreed. It's pretty easy to play fast and loose when it comes to drawing lines on irregularly shaped features, or perhaps roundish craters viewed at an angle. The OP needs to try again without forcing the lines to fit. These don't add up to anything.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
im not trying to make lines fit in my opinion they look like hexagonal shapes, which dont really appear in nature naturally but i appreciate what you are both saying.

im just hoping im not seeing something i WANT to see

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If anybodies actually watched the youtube link a poster give a perfect explanation for this:

It's not unexplainable, a mystery, or sacred. It's caused by the crossing of two jet streams and the fast spinning of air around the poles. They've duplicated it in a lab. It used to be round, but since the air system is slowing down a bit, it takes on the appearance of being a hexagon, but it's not a perfect hexagon, far from it. Anyone who says it's anywhere near perfect, is lying.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

if you looked at the other pictures they are moons with no atmospheres and no weather patterns

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As far as I can determine all of these images display either natural geological formations or craters created by meteor srikes. Sorry, but I just don't see what you are so exited about.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

its the fact that meteor craters are round are they not? thats why it seems a little strange to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

post by simples
Are they natural?

Yes....the ones in the pictures are natural , and not , to my eye really hexagonal .
The hexagonal shape of Saturn's north pole is interesting but can be explained by fluid dynamics .

The Oxford researchers made a model of Saturn's North Pole. A slowly-spinning cylinder of water represented Saturn's atmosphere, and a small, rapidly-spinning ring represented a jet stream. They added some fluorescent green dye, and got a pretty well-defined hexagon
news.discovery.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The saturn hexagon has been simulated in a lab so it's likely 100% natural occurring:

EDIT: gortex you beat me!

edit on 3-1-2012 by FocusedWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
cheers gortex always appreciate your input.

im well aware of this the saturn one is there for an example but what about the moon ones

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'd probably end up seeing a circle or a square if I looked hard enough. Doesn't mean a thing though.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Totally agree im not saying they are anything of substance i just want to find a rational explanation into what causes the hexagonal shape and if its a meteor then how does it create that shape thats all im after, i have scoured the internet and cant find a thing about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Are they hand made?

Absolutely not.

Are they natural?

Yes. They are found throughout the Solar System, including Earth.

people just cant seem to come up with a rational explanation hopefully you guys on ATS may be able to help me out a little.

They are caused by the fracturing of a planet's crust by an impact.It doesn't seem to matter whether the crust is rock or ice.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

they look like hexagonal shapes, which dont really appear in nature naturally

Yes they do.

Just one of many examples can be found here:www.semissourian.com...
I have been there and they are more pronounced in person.

Or just google natural rock hexagon image for more examples.
edit on 1/3/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join