It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors in NY bout time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
ALL: I apologize for thread drift of the topic. This will be my last post here. Keholmes - Please feel free to start another thread to continue if you like.

I live & work in NY: there was enough ramp up that the news covered protests because they, or the police action effected commuting.

100's add up to 1000's, it's not inaccurate - I reference what's easily available on ATS - call me lazy if you like, but it's a search string away on the same site with folks talking about number specifics.

Moving target - you called the protesters, meaning all, "lefties". I clarified that was wrong, it was a very diverse group of protesters. Where's the beef? I'm sure "anarchists" were all the blood lust rowdies, but as in Seattle and all protests that have followed Bush, many get caught in the cross fire of pre-emptive policing.

Laizze faire vs liberal - let people do what they like as long as it's not reasonably illegal ( sodomy laws defacto outlaw homosexuals ) versus letting people do whatever whenever - I can see the difference; can't you? But please, call me a large "L" Liberal, compared to a Conservative, I'd wear that label with honor.

Republican leanings - Sorry if I offend, because today's Republicans have forever curse worded the name, but those using the blankets of "lefties" & the demonizing of the word liberal, see the world simplistically & in two polar halves - US vs. THEM. Your posts to date could cause anyone to make that assuption of you.

"Demagoguery" - see above.

"Mislead or smear usually in a calculated way" - please quote specifics as to where I've smeared Bush. I do make the pained effort of substantiating my position when I make a strong one, and leave to the obvious that my opinion is mine when I put that out there too. The newsflash is this ; this is an extremely bad administration

Sitting Police Commissioners swearing their boys where of the choir variety!? Go figure! Remember what he-who-shall-remain-nameless said after the Rodney King video surfaced?

Cops copped property, people got pissed, arrests were made,,,,,,and? I don't think that anthing near a WTO scrum, no? Not even a good English soccer match bleacher brawl!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ALL: I apologize for thread drift of the topic. This will be my last post here. Keholmes - Please feel free to start another thread to continue if you like.

I didn�t quite understand the drift part�being as the thread was about out of control protestors, but you win.

Moving target - you called the protesters, meaning all, "lefties". I clarified that was wrong, it was a very diverse group of protesters. Where's the beef? I'm sure "anarchists" were all the blood lust rowdies, but as in Seattle and all protests that have followed Bush, many get caught in the cross fire of pre-emptive policing.

actually the target was only moving because you chose to focus incorrectly�your implication is that it�s amazing that 2000 people just innocently standing around got detained. My reply was that we seen this crap before plenty of times why o why do we need to see it again. I never was referring to �all� of the protestors just the 2000 who got arrested�if everyone breaking the law was actually detained I�d think that was a pretty small number�

Laizze faire vs liberal - let people do what they like as long as it's not reasonably illegal ( sodomy laws defacto outlaw homosexuals ) versus letting people do whatever whenever - I can see the difference; can't you? But please, call me a large "L" Liberal, compared to a Conservative, I'd wear that label with honor.

which do you propose to be the laissez faire approach�..as by what I�ve observed both would be for letting people do whatever whenever.

�����.Your posts to date could cause anyone to make that assuption of you.

most liberals would make that claim

��. this is an extremely bad administration

good to see we can agree on some things.

Cops copped property, people got pissed, arrests were made,,,,,,and?

excuses, excuses

���. Not even a good English soccer match bleacher brawl!

Is that to be our national aspirations?

BTW socially liberal and fiscally conservative if you were wondering.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
.....if I was, I'd still be a Systems guy!

The net of the convention arrests is that people got arrested for yelling at a building outside of the "designated zone". Many arrests happened because people simply refused to be hearded on public property.
The ACLU counts Right Winger Congressmen among their staff, like Bob Barr & Dick Army, because of the Bush Administration ( that's pre-emptive poo-pooing a knock against the ACLU
)
NYCLU Criticizes City For Its Handling Of Arrested Convention Protestors

2000 out of 100's of thousands who protested IS a smal number, but that's a minor point as to what they were arrested for.

Protest has been shackled & media coverage has been complicit in not showing it......it's a complete South Park - Officer Bar Brady scenario.... nothing to see here, move along"

"My reply was that we seen this crap before plenty of times why o why do we need to see it again." On this, I couldn't disagree more. People need to see it and see it non-stop. American live in a bubble; how many people do you know DON'T go to an ATS or do research on issues that effect their lives? Being happy to take a news paper at face value? Or "Jim" or "Kaity" or "Sue" at there word because they're on TV and it IS the news?

I strongly encourage you to look into the quid pro quo that has happened between the media conglomerates & this White House......it's the only thing keeping Bush from a single digit approval rating.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The net of the convention arrests is that people got arrested for yelling at a building outside of the "designated zone". Many arrests happened because people simply refused to be hearded on public property.

we�ll just have to agree to disagree, without some kind of evidence beyond a few links I won�t believe that more than a handful of those arrests were anything other than correct. And every night that I watched the news I saw coverage of the protests�that was a little more than I needed frankly.

��� On this, I couldn't disagree more. People need to see it and see it non-stop. American live in a bubble; how many people do you know DON'T go to an ATS or do research on issues that effect their lives? ���

Well I see your point but I wouldn�t exactly give ATS as an example

And every president has somewhat of a quid pro quo but I won�t buy for a moment that bush has been getting a pass. Especially if it turns out the national press is publishing false damaging documents, that have been roundly suspected within minutes of publishing.

new topics

top topics

join