It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A Private Space Venture IS NOT POSSIBLE" Only Government can do it!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

SpaceX are actually working on a rocket called Falcon Heavy with a Dragon capsule for a mission to Mars and hope to have it underway within a decade. Space X was also the first entity to privately launch, orbit and recover a spacecraft.

There is also a project in the UK for a new type of engine that will allow a spacecraft to take off like a plane, then launch to orbit and then land again normally, all while lifting payloads that rival the biggest rockets. The comany developing it proved the engines as feasible last year to the ESA and are now entering advanced development phases now. The project is called Skylon and is being designed as a reusable, pilotless craft, but can be converted to be manned and could carry up to 30 Astronauts.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I honestly cant see TPTB allowing any honest private space ventures to be a success. Too many of their accumulated lies would be in jeopardy of being discovered!

edit on 19/1/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

(Anglo-. Elon Musk and Bigelow Aerospace are the only ones who have shown success in test flights. But they don't have any customers

SpaceX has plenty of customers. Launch manifest:

www.spacex.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Making rubber tires for a car is one thing, but how about making thermal insulated ceramic tiles for a space shuttle that can withstand heat of 1,650 °C (3,000 °F).

Basic services such as launching things into space and orbital cargo capsules is a proven and almost routine technology, and there is a market of a few billion a year for the first. Let private companies handle it for increased efficiency, and let the NASA handle the cutting edge difficult stuff, such as deep space missions.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Funny, you have changed your post since I replied to it. Wonder why.

I shall address the new info. At the moment, the US lacks and real lift capability and its space programe is a mess. Russian rockets have a tendency to explode, but the Europeans have a very successful (and profitable) space programe. Then there is the Chinese, the Indians..

The days of Russian and US dominance of space are long gone, matey. If anything, you guys are in real danger of become second rate unless major changes are made. NASA at the moment is a money sink and with nothing real coming out of it for a long time, compared to ESA it is simply a black hole for cash.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
money is being made from space, where do you think all our TV satalites are.
As for making exploration a money making enterprise, only time will tell but we cant assume to know everything about are solar systems resources until we habit our solar system and take a look at these resources.
i think private space will work and is the only way humans will get to these stars.

Solar Sails was what I envision could power interstellar space exploration, rockets are old fashioned (the reason for high cost) and NASA ditched the shuttle (finally) but now Japan and other countries are just getting into the rocket jungle. Anglos are going to solve the problem of relativistic travel, and develop colonies however approach we are able to claw and figure out, but nuclear for Mars.

Corporations want to have a go then let's see if they can do it and not scam, otherwise—pfft! Wealth is not the stuff in asteroids it is the people working on the program, People are wealth. Future robotic spaceflight programs are exciting, we need more of those to be numero uno again. Scares me there about corporations, they don't have allegiance to any nation.
edit on 22-1-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Funny, you have changed your post since I replied to it. Wonder why.

I shall address the new info. At the moment, the US lacks and real lift capability and its space programe is a mess. Russian rockets have a tendency to explode, but the Europeans have a very successful (and profitable) space programe. Then there is the Chinese, the Indians..

The days of Russian and US dominance of space are long gone, matey. If anything, you guys are in real danger of become second rate unless major changes are made. NASA at the moment is a money sink and with nothing real coming out of it for a long time, compared to ESA it is simply a black hole for cash.

That confuses me, what you just said (I edit.) Nob hill funny

The continent (Europe) is bankrupt from what I heard. Russians are working on a moon colony with ESA and NASA help, putting boots on the ground. America and Russia know the most about the moon and the potential for making the water on it, to fuel.
edit on 22-1-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Basic services such as launching things into space and orbital cargo capsules is a proven and almost routine technology, and there is a market of a few billion a year for the first. Let private companies handle it for increased efficiency, and let the NASA handle the cutting edge difficult stuff, such as deep space missions.

Don't have to go much of a step above the launch when private companies squealing for government "funding" or "assisting" development here or there. Boeing has a capsule that's supposed to carry a crew of seven to the International Space Station but they can't develop the capsule without help. Once you enter that vacuum all bets are off and you need to not screw up.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BinarySamurai

I think private ventures would actually be more successful being as they will want to know exactly where their money is going and there will be less wasted resources this way. Government funded anything is a joke, people take advantage of it and wast taxpayer money on unnecessary things and time.

I don't know what you are talking about. Charming how people are propping up corporations as the saviours, but I know that the pessimism of Government disease and the ravings of people in the throw of that disease. It goes back to the World Order of Olympus and Zeus and prometheus tragedy story. That mankind is not supposed to attain a knowledge higher than that of an animal.

Most of the arguments for Corporations taking the reigns of space are fantasy-ridden. The key thing is to increase the energy flux density of power on earth (nuclear) and Boy you are ready for space travel, it is thousands of times better. And private enterprise don't have the aptitude to go with the philosophical approach the development of the material impulse, of the formative impulse, and finally the play impulse, Spieltrieb. Temperance is common to all three classes, and its the harmonious and beneficial relationship between them.
Government and Corporations, the latter is the weaker sex. NASA started going down to pot when they came up with the baffling idea of the Space Shuttle, it never was what it was originally supposed to be, a plane (spaceship) that could land and go up to Space on its own.

The idea of "Slop" is typified by the method of Jean Paul attacks on government and really the only true and proven way to have a space program that is capable of more than hovering up around low-earth orbit.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

There is also a project in the UK for a new type of engine that will allow a spacecraft to take off like a plane, then launch to orbit and then land again normally, all while lifting payloads that rival the biggest rockets. The comany developing it proved the engines as feasible last year to the ESA and are now entering advanced development phases now. The project is called Skylon and is being designed as a reusable, pilotless craft, but can be converted to be manned and could carry up to 30 Astronauts.

UK is too compartmentalized. You may need some of Werner Von Braun's notes or something . The Biggest and the baddest, maybe a new engine based on the technology that lifted the rocks of Stone Henge? The Monarchy doesn't go with new technology aren't they in Grandpa Green thinking, environmental concerns you don't want to damage the ozone with any Space Age techno fuel.

The Sermon on the Mount in Oil thinking is Seek Ye First profits and control, not going to phasing orbit.
edit on 24-1-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by avatar01
Space Tourism.

Might not be viable in current economy with current technology levels, but give it a few years and we'll see...

The problem isn't really technology or money, its the TERRIBLE SECRET OF SPACE that they don't want you to find out...

Terrible Secret?? Which is? The radiation?

Anyhow i agree with op insofar as that as long as there is no easy way to make money in space, private enterprises will find little reason to even go there and explore (except for sending up sattelites).

But rather than the op, i see an oppoortunity here: a challenge if you will: to find a way to MAKE money from space. With that incentive, i am sure alot of Space Enterprises would pop up like mushrooms, and we would be half-way to a
Star Trek kind of future.

Space tourism? That would be something, problem is it would be a really slow grind, considering the cost of sending people to space, not many people would be able to afford it. Maybe further on, with higher tech it would be cheaper and become more lucrative. But no, i think we need SOMETHING ELSE, to get us started. Mining minerals is pretty much out of the question, the only thing i could see is something that we could get from the environment which would be worth alot, and not easily gotten down here. Maybe some way to harvest the radiation?

Maybe a international carrot and stick approach, With built long term low interest credit and a national attention to our long term space goals. I don't see Mr. David rockefeller donating any resources to a campaign for Space.

Capitalists are happy with minerals on earth. The corruption cartels are established for them, they do not have to develop or do anything exceptionally fancy or ingenuitive. We now think of mankind as Earthlings. People stuck on Earth. Can't get out of the place. People can go on a honeymoon, but you can't get to Mars.
edit on 8-3-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: heyitsphil

reply to post by heyitsphil

I assume you have a crystal ball too sir..

heyitsphil and you guys into these losers I like your imaginery friend. AKA a successful private space flight. Yeah sign me on to a one in a five success rate for SpaceX. Keep dreaming. SpaceX is as worthless as a degree from Trump University. So how about Bigelo aerospace? heyitsphil have you been booking any rooms in an inflatable hotel? I haven’t heard anything. I think Bigelo aerospace is dead and buried. In the grave. Private companies being the best in space is about as believable as private companies owning the blue angels. Well Mark Zuckenberg is trying to do that. But he can only do it with virtual reality. What does the NRA handbook suggest you do now? Blue bell has a slogan must be heaven. You would think that they are the company building space vehicles. Give me a break. Ford isn’t even building cars here in America are they going to get a contract with Elon Musk to build on the moon? I’m willing to give you the best available science.
In science too. Can we trust mike brown to get the real goods?

Maybe. heyitsphil did you get a part in a school play as a raindrop?

I am sure all Elon Musk needs is the endorsement from the KKK and then the whole world will love private space even despite their failures.. Is this a sign??!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
reply to post by HomerinNC

OP: you ARE aware, that PRIVATE companies built all our spacecraft, past & present, there is no govt 'spaceship factory; out there churning out these things.
Without the PRIVATE companies, the GOVT would have NEVER made it INTO space

I agree HomerinNC we don’t even have a space program.

The only thing that private industry can do and get right is make fake plastic Christmas trees. They can’t make flash drives those things break easy. Don’t you agree Homer? Whatever happened to Trump airlines? And trump steaks?, says Mitt Romney.
HomerinNC have you read the book contamination by MaCay Jenkins?
The other one says that pluto isn't even a planet.
We aren’t evolving. Either by private space or government.
And I doubt that spaceX could even make a good reliable canoe at this point.
We aren’t evolving. Either by private space or government. And I doubt that spaceX could even make a good reliable canoe at this point.

SpaceX would make for a good star wars joke movie

Homer do you know?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowPublicKnowledge

" So what are you going to get at? Of course no private business will go into space to make money. Theres no one / thing in space to make money off of. You cant profit from going to space because I believe it cost anywhere from $10,000-15,000 to send ONE pound into space. Also you have to be very mentally stable to go into space to an extended amount of time because of the extreme isolation. Space isnt for profit, its for evolution.

Beside what was stated above such as satellites and such "

Where do you get your information ? What you are saying here is Hogwash . The Commercialization of Space is Inevitable . Carbon Meteorites and Asteroids when in Collision with other Objects in Space Create Massive Diamonds . Gold is Abundant in Space , Helium 3 and other Rare Non Terrestrial Elements are also there in Great Numbers in our Solar System . Space Exploration for Profit is in our Future if the Capital Investment is Made Right Now in order to Rake in Trillions of Dollars . Government Space Programs go Nowhere Fast , just look what happened to the Apollo Program .....
edit on 16-4-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkScheppy

You do realized if the mined an asteroid that metal could probably pay off all the worlds debts?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

Why is SpaceX held to lower standards than Arbys? Why?

yeah I actually think Bigelo aerospace is cool. But I am not sure how much they are a private corporation.
Maybe Harrison ford or Chewbacca should be at the controls of spaceX.
Even walter cruttenden on coast to coast believes in gravitational waves. He believes that Planet X or ninth planet is a brown dwarf or a failed star.

The antichrist is definitely starting to get wild.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Come on, commercialized space is the future and every one knows it. Hand in hand privatized companies and government can share tech and propel us in to a new age, of course, this won't happen overnight. Rich corny people. can and HAVE changed the face of human culture.

I can’t wait until we stop talking about self driving cars anymore because they don’t work. Maybe there is more to this scott Kelly thing than we are being told.
I want to see SpaceXs balance sheet.
I want to see SpaceXs balance sheet. They probably have a worse balance sheet than bed bath and beyond.
How are we going to go to mars? Boeing aerospace? They are cutting jobs.Lots

Heyitsphil you are sounding like an aluminum foil blow-hard.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
reply to post by jkm1864

You do realized if the mined an asteroid that metal could probably pay off all the worlds debts?

jkm..let me know when SpaceX starts mining on the asteroids.

Ok. so unless private enterprise and spaceX has a way of making men with gills that they can use for some future mission to Europa to explore the oceans.
Polarizing. Splitting apart families. Parents against their kids.
Nicholas Confessore just mentioned Dulce. Like the Dulce base.
Where is SpaceX’s version of a George Mueller or a Neil Armstrong? Are they going to digitally photoshop some space hero for spaceX? Do you see a trend here? Total media blackout.
It’s a false legend says Chris Matthews. I don’t even know if ceres has rocks.
I don’t pretend to be smarter than a box of rocks.

I guess John Kasich is the man.

Do you see a trend?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Show me NASA or ESA's starship vessel? Seriously?

I thought we moved past monkeys in space and are on to human beings.
Why aren’t people putting cameras in the face of SpaceX and musk like they do to Trump?
Heyitsphil you must really love your beekeeping. If private space was good then why isn’t Scott Kelly endorsing it? Or talking about it. He isn’t.
The Milwaukee brewers would be better. Doesn’t Dana perino have anything better to do than go to facebook headquarters? I am getting tired of hearing the Buddy Lees. The Steven Collotons. And the Seth Moultons. Bubbas.
Firefighters

The new world order is taking over. What is next homosexual couples? Transgender couples. Transgender bathrooms. And transgender people selling robots and silicon valley. Could this be the beast of the book of revelation? The United States is banning the sell of guns and ammo and firearms to America. But not to Vietnam. This is the tribulation. We are there.
Get some radiation protected seeds.
I don’t pretend to be smarter than a box of rocks.
I think that Dirk Nowitski is a super soldier.
I swear everywhere I go I find that I am constantly at odds with the world. Like it is a constant uphill battle and they are always my enemies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join