It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Britons detained in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Two Britons detained in Afghanistan

news.ninemsn.com.au

Two British nationals have been detained in the Afghan capital in possession of dozens of AK-47 assault rifles with the serial numbers erased.

"Two British nationals along with their two Afghan colleagues, a driver and an interpreter, were today detained carrying 30 AKs. The weapons' registration numbers were removed from them," the official told AFP on Tuesday.

Kabul police chief Mohammad Ayoub Salangi confirmed that four people had been detained while carrying weapons. He would not disclose their nationality and said the case was under investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If true, this is very interesting.

Why would they have AK-47's with the serial numbers erased? It's suspicious to say the least.

Doing business with the enemy, war is a racket.

This part caught my attention:

The British embassy said it was "aware of reports that British nationals may have been detained in Kabul".

I'm currently trying to confirm this claim to see if it's true. If true, it probably proves more Western meddling in places they shouldn't be.

I hate it when they use anonymous sources or unnamed officials, but that's all we have to go on at the moment. I will be checking for more info to update with.

My personal opinion was that these weapons were bound for Iran or Pakistan, but that's just speculation.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Google is covering this story too:

Two Britons detained in Afghanistan: official

This will most likely get swept under the rug.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Those sneaky buggers. This must be some sort of violation, these guys just got caught with the egg in their face. The Brits are going to have a lot of explaining to do. Especially on how they accuse other countries of meddling.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

My guess is that they will come up with an innocent explanation that defies reality and logic.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I doubt very much the weapons were bound for either Iran or Pakistan... they already have plenty of their own.

The only reason for removing serial numbers is to hide any chain of ownership for weapons to be used in criminal enterprises. It's more likely the weapons were to be used for attacks on government or western nationals to prolong our presence and justify the lucrative private security presence... maybe a few assassinations to be blamed on the Taliban as well. In other words, someones black-op got busted!

This certainly reminds me of the two British nationals arrested in Iraq early on in the conflict, dressed as locals and carrying explosives, weapons and comms gear in their car. As I remember, we flattened the jail to get them out before they could be moved or questioned, but not before their photos were splashed across foreign news media sites and the internet. Of course, the British government put a ban on their photos being shown in the UK.

Be interesting to see where this one goes though. Although I expect they may be handed over to the military and the matter will go away.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sounds like the SAS to me. Remember those two UK men caught in a jeep with explosives and shooting random people. The police arrested them in Iraq and the British broke them out of prison... Sounds like they are casing problems in the area..
Divide and rule...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I remember that previous incident you mention.

The only source I could find was Alex Jones, and even then too me at least, it looked like a head gauze bandage, not a turban. That's just my opinion though.

I wasn't convinced by that one incident, but I'm open to opinions and evidence I may have missed.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Is this incident both of you speak of factual?

I'm not doubting you, it's just I never came across any convincing evidence.

Did the mainstream admit this at all? Not that it would be more believable if the mainstream said it too.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Could be anything really. If the serial numbers have been wiped then maybe they were buying cheap guns to bring back to the UK. Either way it has a very sinister implications.

Nice find

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Did the mainstream admit this at all? Not that it would be more believable if the mainstream said it too.

The incident did occur two men were arrested shooting at randoms and carrying explosives. They were arrested and sent to prison and broken out by the British army...

The MOD never admitted they were SAS though..

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

The incident did occur two men were arrested shooting at randoms and carrying explosives. They were arrested and sent to prison and broken out by the British army...

The MOD never admitted they were SAS though..

Of course they were SAS. . how many people have our government let die over there because they were captured by "terrorist" and wasnt backed by the Gov.

Lying tw@s they are

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I want to know who said this?

The British embassy said it was "aware of reports that British nationals may have been detained in Kabul".

"Our consular officials in Kabul are in touch with the relevant Afghan police authorities to seek further information," a spokesman said.

They might at least admit it this time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Here's some info from the time of the original Iraqi incident.

www.theinsider.org...

Of course, the official viewpoint differed greatly from the Iraqi one.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Most definitely factual and reported (albeit with a different slant on the story) on the BBC and other UK news outlets.
Ignore the BS Zionist crap in the title, uploaders comment not mine

BBC "story"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the information guys

Damn hypocrites is all I can say.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Typical yet not surprising blame the West aside, has anyone thought that maybe the weapons re coming from Iran, Russia, China or another country to be used against coalition forces? The general attitude by some members in this thread / on this site certainly show that its possible to be a national of a Western country while supporting the opposing side.

Since the secured areas are controlled by western coalition, it would be easier for them to get around that a Russian, Chinese or even Pakistani.

I submit this is non western countries getting weapons into the area in order to continue to support destabilization efforts that are underway by Russia, China, Pakistan, Iran etc...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

When I was young and influenced by the media, I used to think the SAS was the most highly trained and honourable regiment of the UK's armed forces. Unfortunately those recent pedophile charges aren't helping their image one bit. Could it just be that they are psychotic, psychopathic followers of orders with no regard for life itself? Hmmm...I'm still kinda on the fence....

SAS rapist

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Welcome to the thread Captain Save America

Come on, can you at least admit the possibility that something fishy just MIGHT be going on?

Just once admit it please.

It's all I ask.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Two Brits get caught and you want to blame Russia, China, and Pakistan.

What's up with that.

I'm going to blame Mossad then

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join