It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why do they stay hidden? Why don't they come say hi, or better yet, make sure we don't kill ourselves like parents would do. Do you guys think there is a reason they would rather stay hidden? Or do you think that our government is already talking with Aliens?

I think they don't because they got ahold of our government and they probably told them not to in fear of inducing panic. But then again, that doesn't seem likely. Maybe they don't want to change the course of events, but really? In a world like this, so little means so much from them. Idk, looking forward to your thoughts.

I also want to throw out my theory that maybe Aliens influenced every way about us already.. I think many of the great minds of Earth didn't always live on earth.
edit on 3-1-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
They're still processing their US citizenship...

Jk jk

edit on 3-1-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

The reason is because they are NOTaliens, they are members of the global elite or their genetic creations.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It depends on what you mean by aliens. There are probably lifeforms on this planet that have evolved over millions of years. Time travellers etc...
A variety of reasons why not also, public panic as we are no longer the top of the food chain, we could be ripe for farming, they could have a prime directive, so on amd so forth.

Maybe they like to watch for entertainment, we have no idea, but I know there are aliens here, 100% without doubt.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If I was alien and visiting this planet there is no way I would show myself. We capture everything we don't understand and study it's behavior only to later kill it and study it's anatomy.

If they are smart enough to get here then they are smart enough to stay away from us.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We could speculate all day. . My honest opinion to this matter is that they see the implications of them lading and dont want to get involved. If they are there, then they are way ahead of us in ever possible way you could imagine and maybe know that if a civilizations goes from a type 1 (which we're just barely at now) to a type 3 (technology wise) it would be chaotic.

As much as i think it would be cool as # for them to land and say Oh Hai Guiyz, wazup - Realistically i think collective progression to their technology would be a better path - thats if we get rid of these evil bastards at the top

I also think our governments have found solid evidence that would suggest that there is alien life forms visiting our planet, but they're holding it back because they know they wouldn't be able to control the masses the way they do now.

Maybe thats why we see so many UFO's? there sending us a message as: We aint going to land, but you guys need to wake the fk up and smell the coffee, your reality us complete and utter false

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We in Carlisle have alien "Maras" from out west, buzzing our streets everynight in
their highly manouvarble and vibtating craft, other wise known as the " The Vauxall Corsa".
These highly manouvarble and noisey craft are usuaully manned by four track suited Aliens, their faces are
usually obscured by largedark hoods.

The encounter with these creatures usually ends with occupants of the craft exiting their transport
and fleeing, just as another fast craft arrives on the scene, this craft has flashing blue lights on top
of it's dome like structure.

If you see a Mara craft.....please don't approach it. Call the Interglatic police.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would assume they wouldn't want to alter our natural development. What would we do if we found an alien civilization? We would probably just observe their progress.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good point star. I just would think it would be in there best interest for us as a species to strive.

Yes were war hungry creatures, but I think evolution in time will take the war hungriness away that a lot of us feel today.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
we're too dependent on religion, how many people would off themselves if they were contacted by a advanced race of beings who say things like, "there is no god, we have millions of years of proof" or things of that nature, it would be chaotic

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
we're too dependent on religion, how many people would off themselves if they were contacted by a advanced race of beings who say things like, "there is no god, we have millions of years of proof" or things of that nature, it would be chaotic

I agree, people get way into their beliefs that they structure their entire lives around something that they are not even sure is factual or real. Don't get me wrong, I don't find anything wrong with that, it just seems that people follow these religions and their teachings after 2000+ years of stories without one single shred of proof. I don't get it, but then again I am not a religious person.

Like I said before, dont twist my words, there is nothing wrong with it. Lets just get that out there.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I agree, people get way into their beliefs that they structure their entire lives around something that they are not even sure is factual or real. Don't get me wrong, I don't find anything wrong with that, it just seems that people follow these religions and their teachings after 2000+ years of stories without one single shred of proof. I don't get it, but then again I am not a religious person.

Like I said before, dont twist my words, there is nothing wrong with it. Lets just get that out there.

-SAP-

no doubt i'm with you on this one, religion by all means was always meant to be a tool to better oneself, but throughout history we see select groups or individuals who would use it for other more sinister means. whether god is real or not shouldn't be on everyone's mind when extraterrestrials decide to let us know they THEY are real.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Has ET evolved to be discreet? An evolutionary tendency for inconspicuous aliens would solve a nagging paradox – and also suggest that we Earthlings should think twice before advertising our own existence.

As physicist Enrico Fermi argued in 1950, unless the evolution of life is unique to Earth, there must be many intelligent species out there.So why have they neither phoned home nor been detected by us?

"It's a real paradox," says Adrian Kent of the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

In order to explain the Fermi paradox, Kent turns to natural selection – and suggests that it may favour quiet aliens.

He argues that it's plausible that there is a competition for resources on a cosmic scale, driving an evolutionary process between alien species on different planets. Advanced species, for example, might want to exploit other planets for their own purposes.

If so, the universe would be a violent place, and evolutionary selection may favour the inconspicuous – those who lie low on purpose, or who simply lack the skill or ambition to venture forth or advertise their existence.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't think that there is any doubt that aliens exist. But do you mean are they here on Earth, or that they have visited Earth, all are different topics. It took science long enough to come to terms with the idea of aliens at all, then that gradually watered down to scientific acceptance of alien life forms. Where today there is no scientific acceptance is that aliens could actually visit Earth as yet, but could in theory, it's shows that it's only the cache that changes in scientific circles as the 'empirical' knowledge is advanced. I don't think 'religion' plays much part in the conservatism of the scientific field, it's just the conventions of the day in that field. That is not to say that religion has come about by curious mumbo jumbo, on the contrary it has come about by observations, and written down by scholars over a long period. All fabricated? perhaps, but on who's say so? obviously not Earth beings, unless they are being led by their own imagination, like H.G.Wells and Jules Verne and 'God' knows how many others.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

-SAP-

To state the obvious first, there aren't any shreds of 'proof' for sentient ET visitation, but that doesn't seem to stop people following what should be a science based belief rather than a faith based one for which proof has a different concept.Yeah, we can throw in Drakes equation, but that in itself is of little use until it's proved correct in at least one instance, and I am talking here about sentient ET life that would visit this planet of their own accord.

Anyway, whatever peoples faith or lack of, or their opinion on the various faith based texts, I'm not aware of any that state explicitly that life exists on Earth and on Earth only. I'm also not aware of any major religion that has made this claim, certainly not in the last couple of centuries. Of course there will be people with differing opinions over the probability, but that is an opinion, not a religious stance.

I personally think all this talk of hundreds/thousands of people with a religious belief going into full panic and suicidal is without any real foundation.

Now, the big question might be is if they appeared and said they had millions of years of proof then the same debate would still exist, just with a bigger audience. Let me turn it around though, what if they appeared and were actually a missionary race that wanted to convert us to their faith for which they had millions of years of proof?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
Why do they stay hidden?

One needs to subscribe to myriad nonsense to even make this ignorant statement. I suspect that many here wont even understand how I can say that.

Why don't they come say hi, or better yet, make sure we don't kill ourselves like parents would do.

Ah, o.k. Never mind, I get where you are coming from. You are a typical example of what I call a "human apologist". That is someone who thinks humanity is so bad that the only thing that can save us is an outside source, like aliens....or religion. Both are idiotic notions. But they find a home in those that have the limited mental capacity to fall for such bs.

Do you guys think there is a reason they would rather stay hidden?

Yeah, they aren't here. Easy to stay hidden if there is nothing to hide. Ignorance has kept idiotic notions like religion alive, to expect difference from folks that need to believe in something...anything...say aliens (lol) is ignorance in the 1st degree.

Or do you think that our government is already talking with Aliens?

Not a chance. Anyone who knows anything about how governments work combined with basic understanding how humans work can't subscribe to anything like this. But, thanks to the general lack of commons sense, reason and logic, combined with the internet (from such sites like ATS) that re-enforce ignorance we have to put up with a serious amount of nonsense. I don't expect many here will even understand what I just meant.

But yeah, humans are dumb, like you think. There is no way we could have thought of the things that you don't fully understand. Your ignorance has left you open to nonsense. mush like religion has cause mankind to do stupid things for thousands of years. Congrats, your part of the very machine you think your fighting against....too bad you lack the mental ability to understand that statement.
edit on 4-1-2012 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Why do they stay hidden? Why don't they come say hi, or better yet, make sure we don't kill ourselves like parents would do. Do you guys think there is a reason they would rather stay hidden? Or do you think that our government is already talking with Aliens?

That is the big question, right?

I mean, if they were here to conquer us, eat us, or enslave us, they likely would have done so by now, right?

If they were here to be friends, then they likely would have started diplomatic relations, right?

So, what does it leave us?

My theory is Quarantine. They simply want to make sure we don't leave the confines of our solar system. It is the only thing that really makes sense to me, given the evidence we have.

Not like they need anything from us. If they can travel the stars, then they are a hop, skip and a jump away from any needed resources.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Why would they need to quarentine us? Seeing as how they are way more advanced then we are it would seem that wouldn't matter much because they are already a head of us.

I think that they might be here for a resource. Water. It may be rare for them to find it else where or they may spend to much time looking.

Or maybe they are here for a more sinister agenda, hidden from us and even the gov't. Abductions, cattle, missing people, missing children, millions of sightings worldwide, gov't secrets, MJ-12, underground bases...This short list is just a small shred of evidence. They are up to something, it just WHAT we do not know.

"Keep your eyes to the skies"

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you're an advanced alien species capable of traveling past the speed of light and your intention is to enslave another intelligent species, how would you do it? Would you bomb the planet into submission or engage secretly in the background of their political and business system? It would probably serve a better purpose to slowly teach the people through each generation that slavery is once again the norm. Work more for less. So that now when you do show yourself, yes some people will freak out, but the majority will still work their fingers to the bone for little to nothing in return.

You have to think about exactly what kind of civilisation would be capable of traveling throughout the universe? Well for one it would be one thats much older than we are. But also one that doesnt exactly need to pay their people to advance their technology. This species would probably be an enslaved people. Think the Empire in Star Wars minus the lightsabers and special powers. Who builds the death star? Slaves. Life is meaningless because it can be created or even cloned into existence. The only thing that matters is the advangement of the empire. So this is a bit too sci fi you say?

George Herbert Walker Bush: September 11, 1990: “Out of these troubled times, our objective—a new world order—can emerge. Today, that new world is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we have known.”

George Herbert Walker Bush: “What is at stake is more than one small country, it is a big idea—a new world order...to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind... based on shared principles and the rule of law... The illumination of a thousand points of light... The winds of change are with us now.”

This is exactly what is being built. The end of national borders. People working more hours for less money. A one world currency. Endless war. Peace out of chaos. This is world-wide slavery. We are seen as cattle. Animals. Is this humanity doing exactly what an advanced species would have to do to get off this rock or is something else behind the scene pulling the strings? Look to your bible if you must, but Ill leave that answer up to you.

People need to stop looking at these "aliens" as some kind of peaceful creature and understand that if we take ourselves as the example, there is no possible way anything visiting our planet would be here in the name of peace. If we havent been visited you should thank your lucky star for it. If we have, its probably already too late.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
Why do they stay hidden? Why don't they come say hi, or better yet, make sure we don't kill ourselves like parents would do.

Humanity is locked in Yahweh's prison matrix.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join