It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Bethesda allowed to make games?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As many of the people that own Skyrim on ps3 Ive gotta say why is Bethesda still allowed to make extremely glitchy, bug-filled games??? Literally every game made by Bethesda is filled with annoying bugs and glitches that ruin all the fun of playing the game. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas were great games...but were FILLED with bugs! Skyrim is without a doubt one of the greatest games ever made....but its filled to the brim with bugs and glitches that make the ps3 version almost unplayable. Do they not realize that this is unacceptable? I feel ripped off after buying Skyrim, they basically sold me a broken game. Yet they continue to win awards and i dont understand it. I officially hate Bethesda and wish that they would just stop making games if they cant get it together already. Anybody agree???

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

I feel ya but heres the thing....Look how expansive the world is. Its ridiculously big and nearly impossible to work out all the kinks in a reasonable time frame for their release date. I think they do a great job considering you can do almost anything in their games. I'm just a casual programmer though so what do I know lol

link   
reply to post by cj6

Hmm,

I own Skyrim on my Xbox 360 and it plays fine, especially after the latest patch. Are you updating your Skyrim though PSN? Because I know at first Skyrim was very buggy at launch but since two patches have been released for the 360 and I believe the PC version that addressed many issues, including the backwards dragon flying thing.

link   
I don't know what glitches and bugs you're talking about. I've been playing Skyrim for a while now and have yet to experience a single flaw.

cj6

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jassu

True but it works just fine on the 360. Its like they gave up and said "lets just port the 360 version over to the ps3 and call it a day" thats just lazy game making right there and the reason Bethesda doesnt deserve to exist.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

I feel you, I didn't finish New Vegas because of the bugs. Skyrim gets a 10/10 on IGN, but how could it. I haven't played it yet, but if it has a comparable amount of bugs in it compared to New Vegas, 9 should be the highest rating it could get.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

I have been playing Skyrim on the PS3 since the day it came out. Though I have run into a few minor bugs I can't say any of them has ruined my experience or the game for me.

a couple broken side-quest is about it with 100+ hours into it. I think for a game this size they did a pretty good job.

Bethesda makes games unlike any others. I really haven't run into many problems and nothing that bothered me all that much and nothing as far as the main quest line. Just my experience with it though, sorry you are having trouble.

Have you installed the updates?
edit on 3-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
I don't know what glitches and bugs you're talking about. I've been playing Skyrim for a while now and have yet to experience a single flaw.

Are u playing the ps3 version? Havent u noticed your save file steadily increasing? Or the lag and choppiness?

cj6

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsphil

There arent any major bugs on the 360 version

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

That would not be a concern if you where a PC gamer like me. Any bugs are usually squashed the first week after release, and even if the dev:s are lazy and won´t do it, some hacker will. Of course there are exceptions when the bugs are overflowing, but most skyrim bugs all have community fixes at this point, at least. Stuff you can type into console, workarounds, etc.

Another issue as a console gamer is that you get "locked" into few specific games, as you pay so much money for them and really cannot do much else with that console. As a PC gamer on the other hand, it is not such a big issue if your favourite game has bugs, since there are tons of other free games and stuff to do while you wait for patch. I find myself oftentimes even loosing interest in a game before patch arrives, because i found something else that is more interesting meanwhile... Cannot really say the same with console games, since you have to wait and wait usually for a long time and when it finally arrives it MUST be stellar or disappointment hits in. To big of an commitment, i´d say. Open your mindset dude, don´t be locked down by failures like that.

Oh and one last thing.. i used to be a console gamer too... but then i took an arrow to the knee.

edit on 3-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jassu

Actually the Worlds of Bethesda aren't really impressive. It's mostly a Copy & Paste Job., that's why a lot of buildings and landscapes look exactly the same. It was really bad in Fallout 3 where some buildings didn't even fit where they were standng or having burned out houses with perfectly fine furniture. Same in the Elder Scroll Series, it's a really ugly world every time, it feels and looks completely unnatural, fake and unrealistic.

But Bethesda doesn't care. Same as Electronic Arts or Activision don't care. There are enough stupid customers who follow every hype and buy those games, regardless of their quality.
The Bethesda games are a good example. They are pathetic excuses for games, created in the shortest possible time with so many flaws, inconsistence, weak gameplay and filled with Bugs and crippled A.I. it's a wonder how so many people can find those games good. But then again i also don't understand how the Elder Scrolls series can be called RPG, when in reality they are simple Action games with some minor RPG-Features built-in that don't even work right.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by Jassu

True but it works just fine on the 360. Its like they gave up and said "lets just port the 360 version over to the ps3 and call it a day" thats just lazy game making right there and the reason Bethesda doesnt deserve to exist.

PC gamers have been saying that for years now......if anything games should be developed for PC...then scaled down for stupid consoles...(I own all three and still prefer PC....)

I got bored of Skyrim within 20 hrs of game time....same god damn dungeon over and over again with little variation....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
wow, I never thought i would see a skyrim discussion on ATS!

firstly, i play skyrim, but on xbox 360, before i got my own copy i was watching my friend play on the ps3, and i almost never bought it!

my friend got the issue where after a game save reaches a certain size (round about 10mb it seems to be) the game starts lagging to the point that its unplayable. So far he has made 3 characters but for him it is impossible to complete every quest with one character because of the lag. One other issue for him is that he has no internet, so even if a patch gets made he cant get it!

bethesda should be answering some serious questions over this ... I have read that porting the game to the ps3 was not the priority to bethesda due to them working more on the xbox experience and the pc versions and through whatever the hell they were doing it has eventualy led them to selling a version of a game on a platform that simply was not tested properly.

The lack of testing is the big issue for me, as the lag and other ps3 bugs have been reported to only effect various releases and configs of ps3's (various disk drives, hdd's, motherboards and so on), bethesda have very clearly not properly tested skyrim on every ps3 version and for me that is verging on illegal! ... these are consoles, not pc's , there is no excuse for bethesda being so half arsed.

its a shame, as on the xbox360 skyrim is bloody excellent and doesnt get any issues (sorry guys).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

They sold their souls long ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If it makes you feel any better (or worse depending on the point of view) I completed skyrim, even got the platinum without a single bug on the ps3.

And I'm really serious... not a single one.

cj6

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Whats worse is we cant even get our money back so yes i agree it should be considered illegal to sell a game that doesnt work properly.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Because it's meant for a microsoft system. A PC or an Xbox. I got rid of my PS3 for that reason.

cj6

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Ya i understand that ive contemplated selling my ps3 and getting a 360 but i actually like the ps3 for what its worth. I just wish Bethesda would actually care about making games for the ps3 instead of porting everything.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

I have to disagree, but I've personally been lucky. Aside from having a few dragons not give up their pathetic souls once dispatched by my wicked blade, I've had no issues with the game and have LOVED the amazing world they crafted.

Unfortunately, I've already completed the main quest line and all the faction quests, so now I'm wandering around trying to find various random quests to complete...

I LOVE Bethesda games. Played Morrowind on and off for years, along with Oblivion - few issues in either. Sorry for your luck, friend.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Thats the problem with Sony originals anymore they only want action games that sell like wildfire. Sony should make a deal with Bethesda and get an original title series with Bethesda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join