It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortaleza police on strike, Army being brought in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There are a couple of uncomfirmed reports going around, one link was GLP which I know is to be taken with a small skip load of salt, and one from a forum I post on which is not a conspiracy type forum. Fellow on the forum I post on said that they got an email with 1 line saying that the police had gone on strike, and pretty much that chaos is ruling supreme and the army are being brought in.

I have absolutly NOTHING to back this up, which is why I've posted this. Maybe someone on here is from the area, or knows people who are, and we can get some actual info on this. The media (quelle supprise) are silent. But does that mean it's not happening? Not in my opinion. If anyone can shed any light into what's going on, I'd be greatful

edit on 3/1/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It would seem the military and police and firefighters are on strike. Here a link to a translated news page.

Afraid more trawlers, high street shops and malls in Fortaleza, on the streets and Major Floriano Peixoto Facundo, closed their doors or tightened security particular. The fear began after the stoppage of military police officers and firefighters of Ceará, early on Tuesday (3).

Source

What are trawlers?

EDIT: I missed this.

The 10th Military Region, Brazilian Army became responsible for Public Security in Ceará, after noncommissioned officers and soldiers of the Military Police and the Fire Department decided to go on strike last Thursday, 29 on the eve of New Year's Eve.

So looks like they declared a state of emergency and brought in military even though there saying-

The Department of Public Safety reported that most complaints of trawlers, which are many, are rumors.

A bit of a contradiction right?
edit on 3-1-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

thank you very much

What a dismal situation

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by Bixxi3

thank you very much

What a dismal situation

No problem
I hope someone from that area can comment and explain abit more about the situation.
If i understood the article right there are normally 10,000 men to help police the city now there are 1000
I hope people aren't going to start dying.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm living in Fortaleza and I've never seen in my city anything like that, desert everybody at home, all of the stores were closed, we can't take any bus taxi we can't go to publics hospitals coz also were closed.
Actually at the moment I'm at work and I dunno when and how I'll go home. I can't believe on the newspaper because they're saying bull# enough.
Do you guys have any article talking about that in English?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by Bixxi3

thank you very much

What a dismal situation

No problem
I hope someone from that area can comment and explain abit more about the situation.
If i understood the article right there are normally 10,000 men to help police the city now there are 1000
I hope people aren't going to start dying.

I think I don't have Enligsh enough to say everything, but I'll try my best.

The problem has begun because the police officers are not agree with their wages. Then they've stopped the cars, stuff from the the city(guns, weapons, munitions) in their houses.
After that, the robbers gone to the streets with guns to robbing cars, shops and of course people.

Many thieves are attacking together, called a "arrastão''I heard various rumors and I dunno know if it's true because any supermarket won't tell everyone that there was "arrastão" inside of.

Because of this public transport (including taxis), public hospitals, post offices, traffic cops are stopped because of safety issues.
The army was sent from Rio de Janeiro to help us I hope they're comming soon here but this won't resolve our problem.
edit on 3-1-2012 by studart5 because: More infomartion

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
What are trawlers?

If I understand it right, trawlers are large groups of people, usually running, that rob everyone that is caught in that net-like method.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by studart5

Your English is good enough (and much better than a Google translation), so please keep safe and keep us posted.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by studart5

Hey studart5 i hope your alright! Think you can post a update about whats going on and how your doing?
I'm sure there are a few who wouldliketo know

new topics

top topics

join