It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: Romney is a 'liar', but I could support him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ok, so I did a search, but didn't find anything that matched this, so I apologize if this has already been posted.

After explaining that Gingrich had just called Romney a “flat-out liar,” CBS host Bob Schieffer wanted to know if Gingrich could support Romney if he eventually won the GOP nomination.

“Sure,” Gingrich said without hesitation. “I would support a Republican candidate against Barack Obama because I think Barack Obama is tearing the country apart.”

“You’re saying Mitt Romney would be a liar as president,” O’Donnell pointed out.

“Yes,” Gingrich agreed. “But less destructive than Barack Obama.”

source

I must admit I am extremely new to the political scene - I was only 18 during the last elections and I didn't care enough to follow. However, now I've started to find them interesting; or more-so, amusing...

Based on what I've seen on debates and interviews, and from what I've read in articles, Newt Gingrich is an absolute joke (I'm sure a lot of folks here will probably agree...). I mean, come on! He has cheated on all of his wives and believes that he should be above the law because he says so!

I just found this article funny (no, hilarious actually), because even though he bashes Romney for being a liar (pot calling the kettle black!), he would still support him if it came down to the line.

He goes on to say that Romney would be "less destructive" than Barack Obama. Now, like I said, I'm new to politics, but based on the research I've done Romney has flip-flopped on several issues several times, and I don't see how that would be "less destructive" than Obama. In fact, I think it could be more dangerous.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have to thank Dr Paul for proving to me that not ALL the politians on capitol hill have lost their minds.

Really? less destructive? Soo....he's saying that Romney,in his eyes, will still be destructive to the US.

I boggles my mind to try to take these guys seriously. They are all (almost all
) a bunch of crooks and they have no problem rubbing it in our faces as if they are on the other side of the glass and are untouchable.

I truly hope that these disgusting excuses for human beings get a rude awakening when the dust settles and Ron Paul is standing victorious over these children.

Sheesh.....what have we done to our country/world?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Hey, thanks for the response!

Yes, I agree with you completely; Ron Paul has been the only consistent candidate from what I've seen (I just didn't want to make this "another one of those" threads).

I didn't follow the elections closely last time; were they nearly as ridiculous as this one so far? I just remember not liking Obama one bit - he always had that blank look when I saw him chanting "Yes we can!"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

I really wish people would understand the fact that career politicians are in place, not for the best interest of the country and our people, but in the best interest for themselves and their parties. It is nothing more than a power struggle of who wants to be incharge, and lining thier pockets. Money and Power.

Both sides will do what ever it takes to continue on that road.

Whats good for the country be damned.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It shows they have no integrity and operate on left right lines, I.e. oppose Obama at all costs even if that means support someone you don't like. That's why they call it politics and not called science.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ahhhh yes! Who is the lesser of the two evils...

So according to lizard Newt, our choice is Barack Hussein Obama, (why anyone would elect a person with a middle name like that is totally beyond me) and.... Business tycoon Romney... good grief!

Thanks NEWT, because Ron Paul is completely invisible and the average American voter is blind and stupid.

I think this time around, the American voting public will make the right choice, i really hope they learned their lesson, not to vote by party, and not to vote because of race, sex, or ability to talk.

Voice your vote based on the persons character and actions.

edit on 3-1-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Some people do know - Congress rating has dropped to an all-time low of 5%.

source

I read a poll the other day where most people think congress only cares about their own jobs, and not the jobs of American citizens... I don't want to claim the percentage, because I can't remember, but it was a ridiculous number.

I searched for a link but can't find it right now; if I do, I'll let you know.

So it seems to me that a lot of people are starting to realize... but it doesn't seem like they are doing anything about it yet.

Hopefully the tide will turn.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Found it!

A scant 1% says Congress is doing an 'excellent' job, with 4% rating Congressional performance as 'good' and an overwhelming 68% rating Congressional performance as poor. The most damning number, though, may be the 86% of respondents who say that members of Congress are more interested in their careers than in helping others.

source

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

I hope so, as well; and of course Gingrich won't support Paul, he's against everything Paul stands for!

reply to post by filosophia

As long as the corporations are in control there's no need for integrity! (sarcasm)

Thanks for your responses

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I think this run for candidacy has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gingrich is a flat out liar as well. Mr. Flip-flop at the least.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

the worst part about the statistic is that 14% of people this Congressmen are helping them. The only ones who are have last names that begin with a P and end with an -aul.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This was important why?

Obama lies
All the congressman lie
All the Gop Presidential Candidates have lied

and people still support them welcome to the wonderful world of politics where if you want the job doesn't matter left or right they all lie.

And that includes the messiah Ron Paul because that is how his supporters treat him and turn a blind eye to what he's done just like how the messiah Obama was elected.

Facts,truth does not matter in the world of politics people will beleive whatever they want to and when whoever speaks they hear what they want to to justify or seek validation for their beliefs.

It's all a game the country doesn't matter only who will do and say whatever to get and maintain power.
edit on 3-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join