It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIVE Iowa Caucus Road To The Whitehouse Thread. CSPAN and Other Live Streams!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yeah it matters whose in the oval office the dude who signes the bills into law is what the problems is compounded with neverending stupidity that people think government is the solutions to the Americans problems.

The bigger picture is Decades of social engineering and legislation that has screwed us the national debt at 15 trillion and its projected to be 20 trillion by 2014.

More legislation as the relection of Obama will be seen as a Democratic mandate and there comes more massive regulation and legislation and crony corporatism and unionism and massive outsourcing.

2012 matters and it matters in a big way but of course that is the bigger picture and sorry but i want the party that created: Social Security,MEdicare,Medicaid,Department of Education.Federal Reserve expanded the Patriot act created the NDAA created the Financial crisis with their Senators Frank and Dodd and everyone gets a free food,free homes.free education that has led to over 116 trillion dollars that can never be paid for.

Robs from the rich and keeps blowing that money and goes oh well and take more out of office.

That is the bigger picture but hey i am partisan..........oh well.
edit on 3-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Well , it's Water under the Bridge now . Does ANYONE here think Rick Santorum has a Snowballs Chance in Hell of becoming our Next President ? As for Ron Paul , his new Motto should be ......" Fool me Once, Shame On You , Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me . Ron will know what to exspect now going into the Next Caucus , this Patriot has not yet Begun to Fight ...Back !

Ron Paul 2012 , BELIEVE !

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Astonishment is an understatement when attempting to wrap my head around how Rick Santorum is even in the top tier, let alone how he is teetering in first alongside Romney.

I must have watched close to every minute of every debate and not once did I ever hear or see any noticeable signs of support or traces of enthusiasm. The polls, from what I can recall, did not show much support either.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Unlimitedpossibilities because: (no reason given)

One of the apparently underestimated factors was the Evangelical Christian vote. I read a news story that indicated around half of Iowans are evangelicals. They're not necessarily visible people, but this is one group that does get out and vote, and Santorum (from what I've read) was busy courting them.

There are a few other states where this group would have quite an impact on a campaign.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Ron Paul had a lead in the polls in Iowa and lost it...the media will play that as Ron Paul has been exposed and is on the decline now.

This election is now between Romney and Santorum in my opinion...and I'm sure the media is going to say the same.

Ron Paul is down by double digits in NH...the primary is in one week...I don't think there is much of a chance for him to overcome that in one week. However...I think Santorum can surge past him and challenge Romney with his showing here in Iowa.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Not sure if this is a typo or what.. Paul supporters are definitely in Jefferson County.

Source

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Wow earlier tonight Ron Paul was at 24 % and Romney and Santorum at 23% then somehow it all changed and now Romney and Santorum are jockeying for 1st. What happened?

More votes were counted...and Romney and Santorum had more.

really...that is all that happened...Ron Paul didn't have as much support as some people were hyping him up to have.

Yah I know. I'm just disappointed.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Proof they were rigged please...? You said both, so please post credible links with credible evidence...

thank you,

sniper

link   
reply to post by Wookiep

They estimate based on the percentages and the counties won...but no delegates have even been elected yet.

And they aren't bound by these results.

Huckabee won Iowa...and John McCain ended up winning all the delegates at the convention.

link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by corporation
I think with the votes for Romney/Santorum is basically who is more committed to bombing Iran first.

No it is not. Face it, Romney has more business sense than current POTUS and that is what a lot of people are looking for right now with the economy so unstable. Santorum is wholesome and family oriented. Those are the values the average American is looking for. People do see them both as strong in defense but not the "bomb Iran" thing you suggest.

Business sense that will undoubtedly look out for the 1% and not the middle class

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No, he's down to 16 in ONE poll and 21 in another 2 polls in NH on www.realclearpolitics.com...

He is very far behind Romney but has a good solid 2nd place lead among the others. Geeze man, for someone who has proclaimed RP is the best GOP candidate due to his foreign policy, you sure breathe down RP supporters a lot and tell a lot half-truths. I thought the polls at realclearpolitics was what you relied on most!

edit on 3-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Ron Paul is down by double digits in NH...the primary is in one week....

That didnt seem to bother santorum

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yea, Gingrich was the front runner too, what happened to him?

Ron Paul survived the media attack and held onto his 20% base.

Santorum is going to get attacked while Romney sits back and wins NH.

You can deny it all you want but the only two viable candidates are Romney and Ron Paul.

Out of those two, Ron Paul is the best to beat Obama. Say who? you say? the independents and democrats that registered republican to vote for Ron today. He had almost 40% of independents in entrance polls.

With that said...if Romney wins NH, which seems pretty obvious and Ron coming in second, he'll have moved up a rank from Iowa. Only good news.

Bad news would be going to fourth in New Hampshire.
edit on 3-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Ron Paul had a lead in the polls in Iowa and lost it...the media will play that as Ron Paul has been exposed and is on the decline now.

This election is now between Romney and Santorum in my opinion...and I'm sure the media is going to say the same.

Ron Paul is down by double digits in NH...the primary is in one week...I don't think there is much of a chance for him to overcome that in one week. However...I think Santorum can surge past him and challenge Romney with his showing here in Iowa.

Maybe.

But I've watched every debate and it's hard for me to escape the fact that Santorum is a smug, unlikeable guy.

I think this is a long way from over.

Nobody likes Romney.

Paul has a passionate base.

The rest are kicking votes back and forth trying to cobble together some kind of plurality.

I haven't delved into the math enough yet, but I'm curious as to whether we might go into the convention without a clear winner.

If that happens, could a darkhorse swoop in from the wings? Jeb Bush maybe? Crazy year.
edit on 3-1-2012 by notquitesure because: stray letter

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I don't think Ron Paul is the best GOP candidate...I agree with his foreign policy...but his domestic policy is complete opposite of what I support. If I had to pick a GOP candidate..it would be Romney.

What did I say that wasn't true...I said he was down by double digits...and he is. He doesn't have the momentum to overcome that...but Santorum might have the momentum now to challenge Romney.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It was a good night for us! The GOP establishment in Iowa tried their hardest to block him, and probably pulled some illegal shenanigans, and it was still close. Only a few thousand. He was never supposed to get that much. This is only the beginning.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here something to indicate voter fraud... from "Watch the vote"

The MSM is saying that Polk county has gone to Romney...how the hard data doesn't back it up.

Polk County

Ron Paul at 839 votes...Mitt Romney at 656.

Smell the vote fraud in the morning!

edit on 3-1-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
well there ain't no bible beaters in Florida

Ron Paul's gonna eat their lunch

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I plan on voting like Rick Santorum family members are!

If you want another big-government politician who supports the status quo to run our country, you should vote for my uncle, Rick Santorum. America is based on a strong belief in individual liberty. My uncle’s interventionist policies, both domestic and foreign, stem from his irrational fear of freedom not working.

It is because of this inability of status quo politicians to recognize the importance of our individual liberties that I have been drawn to Ron Paul. Unlike my uncle, he does not believe that the American people are incapable of forming decisions. He believes that an individual is more powerful than any group (a notion our founding fathers also believed in).

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
Here something to indicate voter fraud... from "Watch the vote"

There's also "blackboxvoting" org not com

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

But you forgot to mention that he is pretty far ahead of the other candidates for 2nd place. . Paul is ahead for 2nd in all the polls and two of them are at 21. You make it sound like he's waaay behind, and although he's pretty far behind Romney, he's significantly ahead of all the rest. You're trying to distort the truth, and it's really lame.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join