It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIVE Iowa Caucus Road To The Whitehouse Thread. CSPAN and Other Live Streams!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Funny thing about that poll though, Mitt Romney is not even listed, lol

He is on some of the polls, just have to look at a few more of the polls.
Like the ones regarding who would work best with business, congress and democrats.

hmmmm.....even though Ron is still leading in all catagories its kinda funny that THOSE are the polls Mitt actually places well in.
Seeing a pattern with Romney?
*cough* RINO *cough*

This is going to be the song all of the other candidates have stuck in there head.
Enjoy

edit on 3-1-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
**Double post**
edit on 3-1-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm just thinking right now of what the headlines would be if Ron Paul wins. We're all sitting in front of our TVs waiting for the results... "And the results are in from Iowa.. Mitt Romney wins second place!!!!" Then they spend the rest of the evening talking about Romney.

Tomorrow's newspaper headline would read "Romney finishes second in Iowa, Santorum third"
edit on 3-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm not working today and have been watching Faux News and CNN mostly for 3-4 hours now. As I suspected, nothing's changed and virtually no coverage of Dr Ron Paul, at least not positive.

Reports of shady stuff going on are already filitering in on the web, such as behind the scenes vote-swapping to keep Ron Paul from winning Iowa at all cost, to not embarass the state and it's GOP.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just noticed somthing about one of the polls on the caucus site.

One of the polling questions asks: who do you think will win the Iowa Caucus?
Ron is leading by a hefty 50%, but the odd thing is that 3% believe that none of the candidates will win.

Huh? None of the candidate?

How can no one win the race? There are other people on the ticket but are the pie charts only showing the main players or are 3% of Iowans riding the short bus?

Can anyone clarify?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Outkast Searcher is correct. That is the way the Democratic caucus is ran, not the GOP.

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They vote for the delegates right after the paper vote for the nominee. While your thread highlighted the way the process is supposed to run in theory, it is not how it is actually implemented. The vote for nominee and delegates happen right after the short speeches for each candidate. All policy and platform issues are pushed back and discussed while they are counting the votes in the back.

I understand that you are trying to maintain a fair election and only want to give out good information, but as an Iowa resident I can tell you that things are usually orchestrated so that people can vote for candidate and delegate and move along if they are not interested in the platform issues.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And the drama continues to unfold.....

Now we have Santorum's nephew coming out against him and showing Ron Paul. A nephew? Wow, you gotta love the internet...lol.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

This is a big issue. The Iowa GOP is afraid to lose their credability and first-in-the-nation status, so they have pretty much asserted that they are willing to swap votes behind the scenes to ensure they toe the national party line.

They are pretty much telling us, in not so many words, that they are willing to rig the election to save face.

Hate to say this, since I am a RP supporter, but RP will not win. He may win more votes, but I find it very unlikely that the Iowa GOP will announce a RP win. It is being rigged just in case.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thanks for clearing that up!!

I know I watched it last time, but you are correct about it being the Dem's. I supported Obama at the time....no more of that.

Go Ron Go!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm just thinking right now of what the headlines would be if Ron Paul wins. We're all sitting in front of our TVs waiting for the results... "And the results are in from Iowa.. Mitt Romney wins second place!!!!" Then they spend the rest of the evening talking about Romney.

Tomorrow's newspaper headline would read "Romney finishes second in Iowa, Santorum third"
edit on 3-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

LMAO!!! Good call, Mossme!!!

So true.......

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Anyone out there know how to retrieve a dead link?

Reason why is this- I received a message from a friend via email a couple hrs ago, that is potentually VERY GOOD news for Dr Paul. It said Nancy Reagan had endorsed Ron Paul. The link was to Fox News and is as follows-

www.foxnews.com...

It says page was moved or is no longer available.

Help please! Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I keep on going to the CSPAN stream I posted in the OP. Listening to Bachmann meander now. Guy just called in saying he thinks Bachmann is intelligent, he likes Ron Paul, but he's voting for Obama?

That was just odd.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I keep on going to the CSPAN stream I posted in the OP. Listening to Bachmann meander now. Guy just called in saying he thinks Bachmann is intelligent, he likes Ron Paul, but he's voting for Obama?

That was just odd.

Sounds like the guy has split personalities
1 is intelligent, 1 is a blind democrat and the other is a retard.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Less than 4 hours now! I should probably take a nap as it's probably going to be a late night.

CNN looks like they have spent a fortune on the studio to cover the night' action.

Go Ron Go!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It seems very likely to me that Ron Paul will win Iowa tonight. If he does not win...I will be very surprised.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Anyone out there know how to retrieve a dead link?

Reason why is this- I received a message from a friend via email a couple hrs ago, that is potentually VERY GOOD news for Dr Paul. It said Nancy Reagan had endorsed Ron Paul. The link was to Fox News and is as follows-

www.foxnews.com...

It says page was moved or is no longer available.

Help please! Thanks in advance.

Wow! Well obviously Fox news took that down right away, and the guy who posted to column prolly got fired. LOL. The establishment sure wouldn't want the American people learning of that!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Tonight we hold Iowa and we will win

Next year we dine in the white house!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm not working today and have been watching Faux News and CNN mostly for 3-4 hours now. As I suspected, nothing's changed and virtually no coverage of Dr Ron Paul, at least not positive.

Reports of shady stuff going on are already filitering in on the web, such as behind the scenes vote-swapping to keep Ron Paul from winning Iowa at all cost, to not embarass the state and it's GOP.

Do you have any links?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

No votes have been cast...how can there be vote swapping already???

Why don't Ron Paul supporters save their excuses and conspiracies theories for after the Caucus.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
It seems very likely to me that Ron Paul will win Iowa tonight. If he does not win...I will be very surprised.

Why???

The Polls have Romney slightly ahead for the past week.

The only thing I'll be surprised about is if Gingrich or Bachman win....or if Huntsman isn't last. Besides that...anything seems possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join