It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIVE Iowa Caucus Road To The Whitehouse Thread. CSPAN and Other Live Streams!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

if only he proposed it as opinion. But if you read the way he said, he was stating it as a fact. not an opinion.
And honestly it is a fact. If Paul wins, it will be discredited.

And the fact that you dont really seem to care about this obvious contradiction to reality tells me something about your moral and ethical standings.

But, I would say, this statement could be argues to interfere with the "equal-time rule"

From the wiki

The equal-time rule specifies that U.S. radio and television broadcast stations must provide an equivalent opportunity to any opposing political candidates who request it.

Saying "the Iowa caucus doesnt matter if Paul wins" does not seem like providing an equivalent opportunity.

Obviously this rule is more geared towards air-time, but we know if the tables were turned, they would try to spin and argue that this was an example of not providing an equal opportunity to a candidate.

This is the future of our country and world, and you dont seem to mind that these media companies can stack their content against a particular candidate for no real reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Live Iowa Caucus Coverage from KCCI.com

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."
- Henry Kissinger

When they start to have informed opinions, some things can't be allowed.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by PaxVeritas

LOL Pax.....I usually don't say anything, but she's right here next to me. I've been slapped 3 times so far tonite!

She's got her laptop and phone going. She's on FB at the RP 2012 page and it's got soooo many people commenting , it's giving me a headache just looking over there.

I have 4 windows open on my laptop and we have all three TV's going in this room too.

It looks like RP is taking all the big counties and she's hitting up FB to try to find out where the GOP "secret" location for counting is.

Did you happen to see the Iowa Cacus Live on C-Span ? I was watching it at 8PM EST and 3 Guys came up to the Podium to Represent Ron Paul to the Voters . After they Spoke , the Crowd there gave them a Nice Applause . The Host then asked the Crowd if anyone there would like to Speak for Gingrich , their was Complete Silence from them and no one spoke up . Hmm.....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ron Paul should make a commercial that compiles brief clips of every single mainstream media outlet bashing hijm, and say "What is the media afraid of? See for yourself at ronpaul2012.com"

Ben Swann's facebook update about the Iowa caucus is getting swarmed by people who saw a soldier speaking about why he supports Ron Paul that got cut off due to a "signal loss" or some BS.

link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Hopefully we can get a Youtube video of that. I missed it :S

link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by drock905

Originally posted by zeeon
The Ragin Cajun just VERBATIM said on CNN Live that even if Ron Paul wins there is NO WAY he win the Republican nomination and that Romney will have the nomination regardless of how he does in the primaries.

Does he know something we don't!?

It's been a given that Romney will get the GOP nomination no matter what happens. I'd the GOP could see the future and Paul beat Obama they still wouldnt give him the nomination. Even though he's the only one that could beat Obama and the people obviously want him he represents nothing of the current GOP ideals.

Kinda makes you wonder if he's attended a Bilderberg meeting recently!

Aren't they and the council of foreign relations the ones who SELECT the next President?

Its no big secret Romney is part of the NWO.

17 Reasons Why A Vote For Mitt Romney Is A Vote For The New World Order

link   
I dont get how Rick Santorum can go from being a bottom tier candidate to being top 2 in just over a week? He was very average at all the debates. Who are these people voting for him?

link   
Santorum 12,231 25%
Romney 12,124 24%
Paul 11,117 22%

www.foxnews.com...

That really sucks Santorum

Calling it will be Romney.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
lol CNN lost the feed as soon as the soldier started talking about Israel.

Yes I saw that too...I think it was done on purpose. The solider was getting ready to say that Israel can take care of themselves and we don't need to be there. I caught his first few words. Losing the feed at that moment...was just all too convenient..

link   
Ron Paul is on Top when the Republican Party and Media has "SHUNNED" Him!!!
The American People Are being Heard!

Ron Paul 2012

link   

Originally posted by Rothbard

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Ron Paul needs a female VP. A black woman that says, "Abortion should be left up to the voters in the individual states". That would smack Hillary back to Asia.

Now I would give up Jesse as VP if Ron Paul picked Cynthia McKinney.

I CONCUR!

I was waiting for someone to say that! HAHA

link   
24-Santorum
24-Romney
22-Dr Paul

44% reporting

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have been thinking that exact same thing all night...

I don't buy it at face value, but it is what it is.

I was trying to reply to the following post:
"posted on 3-1-2012 @ 09:03 PM I dont get how Rick Santorum can go from being a bottom tier candidate to being top 2 in just over a week? He was very average at all the debates. Who are these people voting for him? "
edit on 3-1-2012 by KringleFantastico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I dont get how Rick Santorum can go from being a bottom tier candidate to being top 2 in just over a week? He was very average at all the debates. Who are these people voting for him?

I don't understand this either. I wish someone would explain it to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Someone started a thread on this "soldier" incident. We need to mass email CNN and get this guy his own segment on CNN in the next couple days. If enough people raise hell, CNN will have to have him back on.

Here's the thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And make sure you flag it guys!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by grantbeed

I don't understand this either. I wish someone would explain it to me.

Evangelical Christians.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Its the working of the MSM, they propped him up when nobody expected it.

Now he is splitting the anti-Romney vote.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Santorum 12,231 25%
Romney 12,124 24%
Paul 11,117 22%

www.foxnews.com...

That really sucks Santorum

Calling it will be Romney.

A thought just occurred to me....many of the voters that showed up....(not talking about Ron Paul voters)...but could they have been paid off to vote for Romney or Santorum?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Equal time does not mean equal opportunity...or else Fox News would be in trouble for attempting to smear Obama every single day.

Here are the facts...the Iowa Caucus voted last election for Huckabee...someone people knew didn't have a chance. If they do it again this year (and despite you supporting him...Ron Paul has little chance, he says so himself)...then it shows that Iowa really isn't a good gauge as to what the rest of the country is supporting.

It will discredit it as a first in the nation bellweather state if they keep picking the wrong candidate.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join