It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ron Paul tells the truth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The obviously the man knows that he cannot possibly win the election. He is even quoted saying it numerous times.

Asked in an ABC News interview in Des Moines whether he sees himself in the Oval Office, Mr Paul replied: 'Not really, but I think it's a possibility.'

He added: 'I don't deceive myself. You know what the odds are. The odds have been slim.'

Ron Paul is a very smart man and he knows that the odds are way stacked against him. I may not like the guy, but I wish him good luck in the race.

So what do you say Paulbots? Do you understand what he is saying? Do you still hang onto every word this man says as literal fact? If so, then you know your chances are slim!

news.yahoo.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 3-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The only people who have ever thought he could be elected are his cult. Atleast he is honest.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Paulbots is not a nice way of addressing your audience in an opening post lol. We appreciate your support but we don't view this as like a religion where we have to hang on his every word. There are some things he says that I disagree with but he is still the best candidate and has integrity and a constitutional vision beyond any other candidate.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
So what do you say Paulbots?

I say that if you can't address other posters as Paul supporters or fans, then I'm not too crazy about reading further.

Having said that, I supported Paul in 2008 and he dropped out. I supported him again this year, but after a detailed scouring of his positions, have decided not to support him after all. He seems to be interested in being more of a central figure for a 'movement' than actually running for president.

I felt that in 2008, he didn't really want it and some things I've heard him say make me think he really doesn't want it this year, either, but he's 'into' the cult of personality and the movement to a federalist nation.

I would LOVE to see a contest between Paul and Obama, but I don't think it's going to happen, simply because Ron's not REALLY interested in the position of President, IMO.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

So what do you say Paulbots?

I say that if you can't address other posters as Paul supporters or fans, then I'm not too crazy about reading further.

Having said that, I supported Paul in 2008 and he dropped out. I supported him again this year, but after a detailed scouring of his positions, have decided not to support him after all. He seems to be interested in being more of a central figure for a 'movement' than actually running for president.

I felt that in 2008, he didn't really want it and some things I've heard him say make me think he really doesn't want it this year, either, but he's 'into' the cult of personality and the movement to a federalist nation.

I would LOVE to see a contest between Paul and Obama, but I don't think it's going to happen, simply because Ron's not REALLY interested in the position of President, IMO.

It's funny you would attack me but then go on and answer my questions anyway. So much for not reading further.
I say Paulbots, because I was specifically referring to the people that DO indeed treat Ron Paul as a God and America's only hope etc...

Yes, I would love to see Obama debate Ron Paul methinks they might actually have more in common than most people realize and there wouldn't be much debating going on. But remember what a candidate says and what the President does is a whole different story.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I don't understand what your point is?

I don't think a single Ron Paul supporter thinks his odds are good. They get excited when he does well but why wouldn't they? Pretty par for the course. What would you expect him to say anyhow? The media and his own party constantly attack him, do you think that would make him optimistic?

Ron Paul supporters like him because he doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk. That doesn't mean they love every position he holds and never disagree with the man. It means they are tired of being pandered and lied to.

What is with this "Paulbot" thing anyhow? Nobody treats him as God, he is simply the only person running that they trust. Do you think that is an acceptable term or are you just trying to upset people you don't agree with? Is name calling fun for you? Seems childish.

Just curious, who are you supporting in the 2012 race and why?

edit on 3-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
[moreI

I have come to believe that Dr Paul is not so interested in becoming president,

He is more interested in stirring the values that reside in the American people, that were the founding inspiration of the Constitution.

He can see the corruption in DC and beyond, he can see liberty being eroded and happened to have been in a position to assert some change.

It has been steadily building for decades, but really America it should never have come to this.

Your leaders help themselves to your money, living lavishly, giving out grants to their already rich friend's.

Using your children's lives to secure resources and dominance around the world.

They have no respect for any of you, and neither does much of the world, because of decade's of violence on behalf of your armed forces/Leaders.

And I have seen your comments recently about Ron Paul's abortion stance, and this is the reason you withdrew support?

So your worried about a non existent problem, as I guarantee at least 80% of states will allow abortion,

But your quite happy for the usual suspects to keep waging war on you and your people, and all around the world, crash your dollar, erode your boarders (NAFTA) and secretly poison your water supply?

More fool you,

Like another poster said on another thread, its not like your votes actually mean anything anyway

Go Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

Just curious, who are you supporting in the 2012 race?

edit on 3-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

This is the question. Who do you support and why? Do you support someone because they're deemed 'credible' enough by the media? Do you even care what their positions are, even if it's the "usual"? Or are you one of the "oh F it, I'm not voting this election"? - Which puts you below "paulbots" in my book.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
He is the only candidate out there (Republican or Democrat) that is telling you the truth as he knows it. Like him or not, what he says is what he believes. I dont know of any other politician that you can say that about. Everyone else says what they think you want to hear.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This thread is about Ron Paul and his crazy followers which highly compares to the 2008 Obamabots. The point I am trying to make in case some people cannot insist is that, Ron Paul has a slim chance at winning the complete election, yet people especially on here and elsewhere on the internet act like he already won. Or he is the only way for change and hope. See the comparisons?? This thread is not about me or my viewpoints. That is not the point. If you want to know my viewpoints just go through my posts on here. It's all on my public profile. In my intro to this site, I listed all of my views right HERE

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

This thread is about Ron Paul and his crazy followers which highly compares to the 2008 Obamabots. The point I am trying to make in case some people cannot insist is that, Ron Paul has a slim chance at winning the complete election, yet people especially on here and elsewhere on the internet act like he already won. Or he is the only way for change and hope. See the comparisons?? This thread is not about me or my viewpoints. That is not the point. If you want to know my viewpoints just go through my posts on here. It's all on my public profile. In my intro to this site, I listed all of my views right HERE

Paulbots lol cute, id rather be a paul bot than a msmbot... America is so brainwashed its not even funny and things are never gonna change in this country ive pretty much accepted it.

Msm and the people pulling the strings have dumbed down this country, drowned it in fear and lies to the point where the average American is asleep or just plan doesn't care anymore.

You will continue to vote in the establishment picks, the wars will continue till ww3 happens or the country is in so much debt it can no longer sustain itself. Your children's blood will continue being spilled fighting for other agendas cloaked in the masked lie of freedom. People will continue voting in the same old same and complaining about why things haven't changed afterwords like they ALWAYS DO.

If anything paulbots are awake and it is the people behind the scenes who control the msm and this country that have most people in a cult themselves, they are the Jim Jones of this country and most of the population is happy to continue to sip the laced kool aid till they self destruct.

But like George Carlin said in one of his comic skits you cant blame me I didn't vote none of the clowns in. While you guys were out voting I was at home. So blame yourselves for putting the same crap into office over and over. Ive never voted cause I know none of them are honest, I didn't even fall for hope and change Obama. I waited for someone honest. I truly believe RP is that candidate.

At least I can take a little solace in the fact that when TSHTF in this country I had no part in putting the people in power who caused it. You on the other hand,,, well.......

edit on 3-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

It's funny that the only true person who could save this country is not taken seriously by anybody but fringe groups like this on the internet. And anybody against him is either a shill or working with the MSM, the 1%, or is against America. Now, I am beginning to see more similarities between Obama and Ron Paul are becoming increasingly clear, in my mind!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

I vehemently agree with the whole first part of your post. I just wanted to clarify a couple things.

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
And I have seen your comments recently about Ron Paul's abortion stance, and this is the reason you withdrew support?

No. You made that assumption. And I said that in the thread. There are other reasons I decided not to vote for him. Turning so much over to the states is one reason. I used abortion to illustrate that. If you had actually read my comments, you would have known that.

I guarantee at least 80% of states will allow abortion,

Oh! OK. I'll vote for him, then. Thanks.

But your quite happy for the usual suspects to keep waging war on you and your people, and all around the world, crash your dollar, erode your boarders (NAFTA) and secretly poison your water supply?

Another assumption, I'm afraid. I am not happy with the current state of the country at all.

More fool you,

So, you made incorrect assumptions about me and then judged me a "fool" based on those assumptions...

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

It's funny that the only true person who could save this country is not taken seriously by anybody but fringe groups like this on the internet. And anybody against him is either a shill or working with the MSM, the 1%, or is against America. Now, I am beginning to see more similarities between Obama and Ron Paul are becoming increasingly clear, in my mind!

I didnt support Obama did you? Anyone could look up his pass voting record and see what he was saying was just what he knew would help get him elected. I have however looked at RP past 30 year voting record for inconsistency, I have found NONE. However if you and or your buddy Heretic wanna point me to 1 inconsistency in his voting record I may leave the Paul bandwagon

Ill be waiting.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This thread is about Ron Paul and his crazy followers which highly compares to the 2008 Obamabots.

I can't fault you for that. I've tried to make that point here a couple times and the heat is pretty fierce. But I got SO TIRED of having people slam me, JUST because I supported Obama. I guess I wish we could all just share our opinions without the sludge... But I guess it's part of election fever.

You know that I agree with you on your position. I just think Ron Paul represents an exciting and interesting possibility and I can definitely see the draw. I'm not going to vote for him (I mean, never say never) but I can see why people are excited about him. He represents something TOTALLY different than what we have now and the idea of that is exciting. I know what it's like to just want something different than Bush...
I also know what it's like to be somewhat disappointed, as I think many Paul fans would become if he did get into office.

Sorry about the snarkiness. I manage to piss off people I agree with, thanks to my 'devil's advocate' tendencies. It's not personal, I argue with everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

, I also know what it's like to be somewhat disappointed, as I think many Paul fans would become if he did get into office.

And how will that be any different from the last 3 elections? The guy is worth a shot based on his voting record and non flip flopping actions alone

Like i said even if what you say is true how is it any different than the past 3 elections?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
And how will that be any different from the last 3 elections?

It's not different. I was talking about the last election. Jeez!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I was probably one of those people who criticized you for supporting Obama. I hate the man tho! And no I didn't vote for him. I might have considered him for a minute, just like I do everyone else. I give everyone a fair chance, but I ultimately did not vote in 2008. I was actually a Ron Paul supporters for about a month this time around.

Ron Paul's record?? What record? Name me one thing he has done? Just one!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I was probably one of those people who criticized you for supporting Obama. I hate the man tho! And no I didn't vote for him. I might have considered him for a minute, just like I do everyone else. I give everyone a fair chance, but I ultimately did not vote in 2008. I was actually a Ron Paul supporters for about a month this time around.

Ron Paul's record?? What record? Name me one thing he has done? Just one!

Cant pass good laws with the help of a corrupt congress.

But not voting for the patriot act, not not voting for a congressional pay raise are two VERY good votes to start with

new topics

top topics

join