It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Re-escalates, Responds To Iran Warning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The US cannot afford another war and I am glad.

Unfortunately you would be wrong about this. War is about the only thing that makes the US money anymore. Its the only thing thats kept this country afloat since 9/11. Its sad but its so so very true.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Unfortunately you would be wrong about this. War is about the only thing that makes the US money anymore. Its the only thing thats kept this country afloat since 9/11. Its sad but its so so very true

Sadly I think with hindsight you are right.. War does seem to make money... Like the Germans in the second world war...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Yeah or they can just keep creating money out of thin air like they've been doing

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If we actually look at what the Iranian chap said it wasnt that bad at all, but i have seen so many of his word twisted by mainstream media. For example, Sky news was saying that Iran said the carrier cannot go back to the US base in the gulf, which is obviously a conplete lie. Indeed, once one checks the wording from the Iranian official you can see that there was no threat at all, only a small and insignificant warning that was blown out of proportion by MSM.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Whilst I doubt Iran will fire the first shot (although they are under a lot of pressure so you never know) people should not be so quick to under estimate them, you have to look at the location for a start, the straights are only 40 miles across, any ship entering the straights does not have a great deal of room for manoeuvre.

Whilst their navy may not be a slight patch on the the US fleet it does have many advantages, firstly it is the coast of Iran, this means any fleet in the straights is exposed to shore to ship missiles, shore based artillery, their air force is close by and whilst older aircraft, they still heavily outnumber the local US aircraft, then add the ability of their fast attack craft, their submarines, to just state that the US will walk away unscathed is stretching things, if Iran go all out, the US will lose a carrier, and possibly some of the support ships, that will mean more american personnel coming home in body bags what ever the outcome is.

Seems to me we have a lot of keyboard warriors, been playing CoD and battlefield to much thinking that how war is, perhaps some of these brave souls calling for war should enlist, put their own ass on the line before baying for blood and more American widows. War is never pretty and a war with Iran wont be like Libya or Iraq the death toll all round will be a lot lot worse

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

They aren't retarded enough to go into the strait and get caught like that.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

So how do they get to Manāma, Bahrain? The US nave has bases all over the ME and they have to go to port sometime, and if they stay out of the straights then Iran have won the propaganda war

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Good point, I forgot about the base there.

Edit to add: Iran won't attack us though. They don't have big enough balls.
edit on 3-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The moral of the story in the OP is?

Put up or shut up. Don't make threats you can't backup. We rednecks have a saying its called "put your money where your mouth is". People that are all talk and no action make me laugh.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by P12SOLD

China, is unlikely to intervene in any upcoming war as well, because Iran is not a security issue for them, and China logistically, has no real interests there besides needing oil

Oil is a security issue for China. No oil = no jobs in China = unemployment = revolts.

But yeah, they can get oil from Russia and Vietnam and Saudi Arabia if need be.

Hay maybe you should check this out first

CALGARY — Athabasca Oil Sands Corp. has decided to sell its remaining 40 per cent stake in the MacKay River oilsands project to joint-venture partner PetroChina, giving a Chinese oil giant full control of an oilsands asset for the first time
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ya China will stay out of this one

edit on 3-1-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
reply to post by revmoofoo

Iran, has only advised the Carrier to stay out. No specific threat was proclaimed here.

Any news source will give you the facts.
It is probably just sabre rattling but they did indeed make a threat. Rather stronger than 'advice' anyway.
worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...
www.irishtimes.com...

edit on 3-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

Actually, go back to tomorrow's articles, you can see that Iran made a firm warning, and said they will stick behind it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Gosh, they go to a lot of work to get people to stop paying attention to the fact that they've initiated an Islamist Empire in Africa.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is regarding what warning was made yesterday.
edit on 3-1-2012 by football6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

edit on 3-1-2012 by football6 because: Double Post

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

it's all psycological warfare, the usa fleet goes in the straights, the price of oil goes up and up.

tensions mount, the markets react, everybody looses.

many wars staterd in which no one knows who fired first, lets hope this is not the case here.

playing chicken is a dangerous game, and here the stakes are very high.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Who says it has to be Iran that sinks the US ship? Look out for Israel wanting to start a fight.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

it would be nice if people did not denigrate the whole of the persian people remember its the politicians who are doing the sabre rattling not the people of the US nor Iran and i am a scott .we have learned to forgive the ignorance of the past by our oppressors

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
China buying all of that Canadian oil should be a good indicator that the world can do without Iran's oil.
It also should sound some warning bells.
And wasn't there a new oil pipeline in the plans for Afghanistan?
Should set off some more warning bells.....

The world is preparing for "other than Iranian oil".
China and Russia should still be investing in Iran's oil at this point because there might not be a war with Iran, that is a smart move for both of their countries.

But it sounds like everyone is preparing for and laying the groundwork to totally isolate Iran. That means one of two things, war or complete isolation like North Korea.

So that is how I see this, it is one of those two things.
I don't know which way it will go, but it will be one of those for sure.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Once again i have to reiterate the chances of stay behiind weapons laid in the hormuz at night by irani gunboats supposedly on exercises......
The possibility of the SHKVAAL torpedo bought from russia , will be deployed against the carrier group.
This is a small area with only 34 miles width as well as a fair turn...the possibility of mines laying on the bottom right now awaiting their activation signal which would arm their various sensors...
Stand off exocette type missiles can be launched by aircraft which barely have to take off before laying their missile and landing......to rearm possibly?
This country has developed some very capable missiles in a short span of years...they started with old commie stuff, but are way beyond that now....
What are the possibility that are salvo of every type of missile that could be concievably fired at the fleet were shot off at one go?
Right from shoulder fired anti armour rockets to ship killing exocette types as well as shore launched types....
How much incomming would it take to overload or fool the battle control computers?
Much like the drone they brought down recently, what if Iran somehow jammed the GPS signals and substituted their own leaving the carrier aground somewhere in the waterway?
is that possible?
They got the drone that way.....
Can a sub lie doggo on the bottom of the waterway?
Just barely breathing keeping all systems down to a tiny noise signature?
No talking, no movement, waiting for days or weeks for the time when a carrier may sail into its sights?
There would be no propeller noise to track till too late....
The Irani subs are old boats, but that doesnt make them entirely ineffective.....
Even old rpgs could be fired nearly vertically to fool the radars etc....
I am worried quite frankly that the gung ho yankee will shoot themselves in their own foot over there, i do not have the confidence in american leadership that they seem to have......
Another rude awakening may loom on the horizon for the empire.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join