It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Re-escalates, Responds To Iran Warning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yay war... NOT.

US Re-escalates, Responds To Iran Warning

CARRIER DEPLOYMENTS IN GULF WILL CONTINUE, U.S. SAYS
PENTAGON SAYS NAVY TRANSITS THROUGH STRAIT OF HORMUZ ARE NECESSARY TO SUPPLY U.S. MISSIONS IN GULF REGION
U.S. MILITARY MOVEMENTS IN PERSIAN GULF `REGULARLY SCHEDULED'
U.S. RESPONDS TO IRAN WARNING AGAINST FUTURE CARRIER MOVES

This was expected. Iran had put themselves in a corner anyways... Now they have two choices :

- Sink the next carrier to go through the strait of hormuz, leading to the destruction of Iran and total mayhem
- Do nothing and look like fools

Me thinks they'll look like fools. Better to be alive and look like a fool then be dead.

And if a war begins, I think they should give Obama another peace prize... just for the lolz.

And let's mention that what the US government has done is the same thing that was done to Japan before Pearl Harbor. Thing is, Japan COULD fight the US... Iran? Not so much.

Some word going around that an attack might be planned for tomorrow. I think it's BS, but eh.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I second your opinion.... Look like fools they shall. Only after some more silly comments about how they will totally crush the West (i.e. Ghaddfi, Kimmy, Saadam, and Bin Laden - ohhh wait they are all dead.)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Iran are full of talk, but lack any real attempt at relevant action. With that in mind, I think they're going to do nothing and look like the fools they are.

Rev

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Iran will probably just ignore any hostility and call it an accident just to piss off the west. But I think they can mess with oil prices but if the gas prices go up too much the American people might back war with Iran. I don't think they would allow for super high gas prices because that would cripple the economy and I'm not sure Iran can do that, but they can pester and annoy the west.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
To supply U.S Missions in Gulf Area?

Any one know what exactly these missions are? Interesting, I agree that Iran will probably not retaliate, if they did strike on a carrier they would be done for. This is all beginning to look worse and worse.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And if a war begins, I think they should give Obama another peace prize... just for the lolz .by Vitchilo

Hahahahaha, I am with you there, its all just a scam anyway

Iran's leaders may be acting foolish, but they are in a major predicament,

They have the imperial empire eyeing up their resources, and surrounding their country,

Might I ask how you would all act in that position?

And don't try telling me Iran deserves it, did Afghanistan deserve it? Did Iraq deserve it? Did Libya deserve it?

The US has lost their credibility in my opinion, and their warmongering will provoke a devastating response eventually.

Down with war

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Sadly, I believe that all countries involved are just as bad as each other and they all deserve what's coming to them. Shame about all the innocents though, but hey, there's plenty more where they came from, right?

Rev

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
the problem america will have is trying to supress its desire to just carpet bomb anything and everything back into the stone age to protect the fleet when their reasoning for dropping 2 trillion of bombs on iran was some 7 year old kid fishing for his supper as the fleet sailed past
edit on 3-1-2012 by Maxatoria because: bad spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Iran, has only advised the Carrier to stay out. No specific threat was proclaimed here. Look, Iran, will never make the first move, because its against their interests to look like the aggressor. They'll also will need some verbal backing from other heads of government across the Arab World, if an attack takes place, to stop the attack. So starting of some action first, well its not likely to occur. Least to my mind.

China, is unlikely to intervene in any upcoming war as well, because Iran is not a security issue for them, and China logistically, has no real interests there besides needing oil, and that can be got elsewhere if need be. Russia however borders Iran, so security would be a major concern for them, if the Iranian state fell apart, But its unlikely again Russian troops would stifle any Invasion of Iran or stop an attack on Iran's nuclear sites, but who's to knows really, what Russia might do here. Having America/ NATO troops stationed that close to their border might draw them into this hypothetical conflict, but its very unlikely to happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

China, is unlikely to intervene in any upcoming war as well, because Iran is not a security issue for them, and China logistically, has no real interests there besides needing oil

Oil is a security issue for China. No oil = no jobs in China = unemployment = revolts.

But yeah, they can get oil from Russia and Vietnam and Saudi Arabia if need be.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was worried about the tension between China Russia and us about this.. Then I realized that Iran would do something stupid (this was two weeks ago) and they have... Now I think we are still in "phone call" relationship status with Russia and China ie: we wont start a war with them over the sake of Iran Flexing old school boats.

Just for those non believers (you know that think Iran is innocent)

check this out

"On October 26, 2005, IRIB News, an English-language subsidiary of the state-controlled Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB), filed a story on Ahmadinejad's speech to the "World Without Zionism" conference in Asia, entitled: Ahmadinejad: Israel must be wiped off the map.[1] The story was picked up by Western news agencies and quickly made headlines around the world. On October 30, The New York Times published a full transcript of the speech in which Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying Our dear Imam (referring to Ayatollah Khomeini) said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world."

source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by P12SOLD

China, is unlikely to intervene in any upcoming war as well, because Iran is not a security issue for them, and China logistically, has no real interests there besides needing oil

Oil is a security issue for China. No oil = no jobs in China = unemployment = revolts.

But yeah, they can get oil from Russia and Vietnam and Saudi Arabia if need be.

China already has a contingency plan, if an attack does take place on Iran. They're Oil will be got from elsewhere, China is not going to start a war with America over Iran.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Sink an aircraft carrier? Iran? How do you propose they do that? With their awesome navy? or their precision missiles? Oh, I know, they will use their incredible air force! Give me a break.

I read your message and I know you just listed that as a non-viable option. It is the second message I have read today on this topic where someone mentions sinking an aircraft carrier. People do realize that an aircraft carrier is just the central piece of equipment in a massive battle group, correct? They may be able to sink a support ship, but no way they are getting near a carrier. Yes, I heard about the Chinese sub surfacing in the middle of a carrier group...I don't knoiw the circumstances, nor have I ever taken the time to verify the story.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Yes, I heard about the Chinese sub surfacing in the middle of a carrier group...I don't knoiw the circumstances, nor have I ever taken the time to verify the story.

The story is true.

Sink an aircraft carrier? Iran? How do you propose they do that? With their awesome navy? or their precision missiles? Oh, I know, they will use their incredible air force! Give me a break.

Well China have been giving them missiles for years. A surprise attack with enough missiles COULD overwhelm the defenses of the battle group. I doubt it, but it COULD.

And let's also mention Iran's small subs. North Korea sank a high tech South Korean ship back in 2009 with a very primitive submarine. It could happen again. But I doubt it.

IMO Iran will not fire the first shot because that would be suicide.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Didnt china just sign an oil trade agreement with afghanistan?www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Afghan cabinet has ordered Mines Minister Wahidullah Shahrani to sign an oil exploration contract for Amu Darya with China National Petroleum Corporation,” the Kabul administration confirmed in a statement.

edit on 3-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

shanghaiist.com...

China wrote history this week after gaining approval for oil exploration in the Amu Darya Basin in Afghanistan, making it the first international oil deal made by Afghanistan with a foreign country in several decades.

This is evidence to me that an attack on Iran is imminent and that china will not be intervening. They will simply just get their oil elsewhere.
" Here we go boys, this is war"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow, look at the Military Hardware going through there..

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsphil

Supplying air support for troops in Afghanistan

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Peeps are just beating there chests.. The US will not attack Iran. It is about for times the size of Iraq and been armed too.... The US cannot afford another war and I am glad.
2 million have died in Iraq and Afghanistan just for money. Neither of these wars were ratified by the UN and therefore illegal.
One day American soldiers like the Nazis will be held to account for their actions. Let us not forget the Nuremberg trials..

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
only fools under estimate the enemy, to believe you have total superiority will be the Achilles heel of any power.

It may just be a story, but a story with a lesson was David versus Goliath, who won that again?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join