It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible EMP blast / high power radar takes out village electrical items

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is just my own personal opinion but could this be related to EMP blasts / high power radar blanking out radio communications ?

Quote from news item :-

'family spent Christmas without heating, showers and a doorbell after all their wireless devices mysteriously failed to operate for three days – a problem which they say affected others all over the village too.'

'It wasn’t until about 5pm on Tuesday afternoon (December 27) that their mysterious affliction disappeared and everything suddenly started working again.
Mr Smith, who had plenty of time to investigate the problem, concluded that the common link between the devices was that they all used radio-frequency identification (RFID). '

Full story here

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
This is just my own personal opinion but could this be related to EMP blasts

Not even slightly possible.
An "EMP blast" doesnt stop things from working, and then magically have them ALL working again at 5pm.

This is just plain and simple radio frequency interference. Some radio transmitter somewhere was interfering with other wireless transmissions.

edit on 3-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

If it was an EMP it would have destroyed all electronic equipment, wouldn't it?

Rev

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Solar flare activity reported around that time I believe.

my fine second line

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by diddy1234

Whatever it was, it wasn't an emp event. The description given doesn't resemble the effects of a real emp event.

I don't know what it was, but an emp event it wasn't. However I do have a real good idea what it could be....but I would need many more facts about the situation before I spouted nonsense (like coming to a huge bulletin board and ponder something I only know from hollywood movies and internet fodder.....much like the op in this thread)

You need to be looking at another form of electronic interference.....not related to emp.

Also you might want to look into more facts.....such as what kind of water heater they had, or how they know their wireless devices didn't work ad they would be negated by an em blast. You get me?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If this was EMP, all unshielded electrical devices would not have simply stopped working then started up again, they would have been permanently destroyed.

This sounds a lot more like someone was using some type of jamming equipment.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
EMPs fry all the electronics as in burn up the circuit boards and other electronics so devices like tv, radio, electric motors, vehicle electronics, cell phones, pcs would never be able to be used again so if a emp device goes off you'll know it. It sounds like to me some one was jamming some thing in that area or some thing was emitting a strong enough signal that it blocked other signals. Radar is microwaves and Microwaves melt stuff so I'm not sure if it could be the radar and I'm sure no expert thats for sure

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How about a Black hole/Sun that has a way of rendering all electronic equipment non-functioning, only for it to work 3 days later?

A theory about black holes/sun states that it could give off Electromagnetic radiation all along the spectrum. It could possibly stop visual waves too. Imagine 3 days of darkness?

Get candles, matches and non-electric ways of cooking and heating. And water-a weeks worth; minimum.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

despite the claim RFID has nothing to do with this tail

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I found a jammer online that can do this, but only a 20-30m range, Bluetooth range.

Goggle it yourself CVSAL-3405

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A single EMP Blast of a half Kiloton bomb could take out the electronics in an entire timezone

top topics

join