It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK gives Iran ultimatum to freeze nukes program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Britain has given Iran a two month deadline to freeze all its nuclear activities or face a demand for UN sanctions. Is this the beginning
of WWIII? Iran has long said it would not knuckle under to Western
pressure.

www.aj-review.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
people have been crying wwIII on this site since i first started reading over a year ago, probably before then. this will NOT be wwIII. it could get ugly, but not wwIII.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry too much. Itll be another sadddam. We'll give them chance after chance, after chance til we eventually invade and kill lots of innocent civilians.

WWIII or not, it will be a while before any action is taken.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by SapphireHarlequin]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Who are these innocent people in Iran. Are they the same innocents we find in Iraq? What we have in Iran is another Nation State rich in oil. They use there natural resource (oil) to fund there schemes of Satanic conquest in the form of Islamic terrorism.
Do you honestly believe that they are pursuing nuclear enery for peaceful purposes? If they are alllowed to manufacture nuclear weapons they won't hesitate to use them on the infidels.
We screwed-up with this Nation in the past but I don't think it will happen again.

TPL

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
Who are these innocent people in Iran. Are they the same innocents we find in Iraq? What we have in Iran is another Nation State rich in oil. They use there natural resource (oil) to fund there schemes of Satanic conquest in the form of Islamic terrorism.
Do you honestly believe that they are pursuing nuclear enery for peaceful purposes? If they are alllowed to manufacture nuclear weapons they won't hesitate to use them on the infidels.
We screwed-up with this Nation in the past but I don't think it will happen again.

You generalise to much, and we in the west have nuclear weapons, if they nuke us we shall nuke them.
Just because someone says their developing nukes doesn't make true, but it doesn't make it false either, just don't believe everything. Wait and see.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Britain has given Iran a two month deadline to freeze all its nuclear activities or face a demand for UN sanctions.

- This is not quite accurate actually .

Britain has demanded Iran give certain guarantees and undertakings, primarily that Iran will stop persuing the enrichment process for uranium.....which, let's remember, in the context of fuel is nothing like the same as weapons grade anyway.

This is entirely different to any implied 'weapons program'......or for that matter a halt to it's entire nuclear program.

Is this the beginning
of WWIII? Iran has long said it would not knuckle under to Western
pressure.

- I don't think so. More like some trying to line Iran up as the next target for an attack.

It seems ok for Israel to threaten the region with up to 200 estimated nukes of their own (already believed to be deployed there in the ME) but anyone with as much as a nuclear power station cannot be tolerated and must be attacked until back to the stone-age.....with 'our' help and connivance.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
You generalise to much, and we in the west have nuclear weapons, if they nuke us we shall nuke them.
Just because someone says their developing nukes doesn't make true, but it doesn't make it false either, just don't believe everything. Wait and see.

You are not thinking here. Iran builds a few nukes in secret. Gives them to terrorists. 1 ends up in Isreal, one in London, one in NYC, one in washington DC, and one in LA.

We can't nuke Iran back, because we can't identify them as the attacker, thus France and Germany start crying about oil wars, and every hippy liberal starts crying about how evil the US is and how they are going to kill all of the children.

Personally, I have a lot of family in DC and NYC and I live right smack in between them both, so I would be getting the nuclear fall out. I don't want my whole moms side of the familly to be vaporized so Iran can have a nuclear power plant. They have plenty of oil - they should use it to provide their people with power.

We can not allow Iran to become nuclear. Remember the old saying, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If Ronald Reagan were alive today, he would say this to you wild-eyed war pushers:

"I can't help it, there you go again."

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've gained sympathy (at least temporarily) for schizos after watching the movie, 'Identity.' Therefore, I have striken my sarcastic comments.

But yea, I still doubt mad man has been to Iran.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by TPL

You are not thinking here. Iran builds a few nukes in secret. Gives them to terrorists. 1 ends up in Isreal, one in London, one in NYC, one in washington DC, and one in LA.
We can't nuke Iran back, because we can't identify them as the attacker, thus France and Germany start crying about oil wars, and every hippy liberal starts crying about how evil the US is and how they are going to kill all of the children.

Personally, I have a lot of family in DC and NYC and I live right smack in between them both, so I would be getting the nuclear fall out. I don't want my whole moms side of the familly to be vaporized so Iran can have a nuclear power plant. They have plenty of oil - they should use it to provide their people with power.

We can not allow Iran to become nuclear. Remember the old saying, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Exactly! I couldn't have put it better myself. Why doesn't everyone see it that clearly? After all the posts I've read, and all the people that have seemed to lost their reason about subjects such as these, It's great to know that there are some here with an actual reasonable, acurate and simply put comment that sums up how simple the decision is when you see things in a clear and reasonable way. Good job.

...... well back to the other posts where people are quoting Michael Moore like gospel.....

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

What I'm afraid of, Israel gives one of it's 200 nukes to terrorists. I leave the rest to your imagination.

I do live close to NYC and will start stockpiling emergency supplies in my basement this coming weekend.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Where does this fantasy come from and hopw come it appears common currency here with some on this site that building nuclear weapons is so incredibly easy?

.....and how come people are scared about who might be building them (despite a total lack of any evidence....despite inspections) and absolutely unconcerned about who does have them there in the ME?

Especially when that country has been known to operate 'false flag' operations and be unconcerned about killing US citizens doing it?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

What I'm afraid of, Israel gives one of it's 200 nukes to terrorists. I leave the rest to your imagination.

I do live close to NYC and will start stockpiling emergency supplies in my basement this coming weekend.

I'm not a big fan of Isreal - don't get me wrong. But Isreal can't give it's nukes to the US as you have pointed out. The reason is that because they are US made, it would point them out as the culprit, and then they would lose all of their money.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I've gained sympathy (at least temporarily) for schizos after watching the movie, 'Identity.' Therefore, I have striken my sarcastic comments.

But yea, I still doubt mad man has been to Iran.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Jamuhn]

Your right - I have never been to Iran. But this I can tell you: NO GOOD WILL COME FROM IRAN HAVING ANY KIND OF NUCLEAR ABILITY. Just look at their heavy influence of funamental Islam. It is very clear.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Where does this fantasy come from and hopw come it appears common currency here with some on this site that building nuclear weapons is so incredibly easy?

It is not easy, but they have voiced their nuclear aspirations. And that is to become a nuclear power. Thus, I say prevent them from even being able to do it if they wanted.

.....and how come people are scared about who might be building them (despite a total lack of any evidence....despite inspections) and absolutely unconcerned about who does have them there in the ME?

Because they have a heavy dose of Islamic funamentalism in their government. That is the enemy. Thus, our enemy has heavy influence in their country so nukes for them = bad for us. Get it yet?

Especially when that country has been known to operate 'false flag' operations and be unconcerned about killing US citizens doing it?

As I said, Isreal won't nuke us for many reasons. They need a stable US for their own survival, and they know this. Thus, putting the dangers in the middle east towards the US Isreal ranks near the bottom. And again, I am not a fan of Isreal - but they are infinitely less dangerous as a nuclear power to the US then Iran would be.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

It is not easy, but they have voiced their nuclear aspirations. And that is to become a nuclear power. Thus, I say prevent them from even being able to do it if they wanted.

- There is a world of difference between being (a regularly inspected) producer of nuclear power and having a nuclear weapon.

Iran wants the ability to make nuclear power.

As for nuclear weapons?

Iran has said they have the deepest concerns at Israel threatening them with her nuclear weapons and have also said they would appreciate the ability to deter these weapons if Israel insists on maintaining them......and who can blame them?

Can you imagine a situation where the US felt threatened in that manner and wouldn't want the ability to at least deter in kind?

I'd much prefer a nuclear weapon-free ME......where is the clamour for that?! Surely that is the only sane policy to achieve any kind of lasting stability there?

Because they have a heavy dose of Islamic funamentalism in their government. That is the enemy. Thus, our enemy has heavy influence in their country so nukes for them = bad for us. Get it yet?

- Again, where does this idea that a fully inspected nuclear energy program has to equal a nuclear weapons programn come from?

Treating Iran as an enemy and pressurising them as one is probably the one way to stop the fundamentalists becoming the spent waning force they are currently becoming there.

Iran has been making great strides back toward the international community......resurecting the fundamentalist bogeyman there is probably about the best way possible to halt and maybe even reverse this.

It seems to me this is exactly what some people want. They want a scary enemy. They want someone to point at to make us afraid. Especially an enemy that is beyond reson, an 'animal' (aren't they always?), a wild-eyed religious lunatic etc etc.

......and some people IMO are working very hard at keeping those types coming at 'us'.

As I said, Isreal won't nuke us for many reasons. They need a stable US for their own survival, and they know this. Thus, putting the dangers in the middle east towards the US Isreal ranks near the bottom. And again, I am not a fan of Isreal - but they are infinitely less dangerous as a nuclear power to the US then Iran would be.

- I wouldn't expect Israel to 'nuke' the US in the sense of exploding a full-scale bomb, of course I think that would be way beyond any credible possible action.

But given that they have not hesitated to use the 'false flag' method and disregard lives of their supposed allies before I would not put a 'dirty bomb' past them. Something that scared far more than actually damaged......the point being to garner yet more US/western support to fight their wars for them.

top topics

join