It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Awakening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have been posting here for some time and have noticed a disturbing trend. The doom & gloom threads receive dozens, sometimes hundreds of stars and flags. Sadly, it appears that many hope that 2012 truly is the year that humanity destroys itself. I personally do not think this is what 2012 will be about.

First, let me give you a little history of my own personal journey into my spiritual--not to be confused with religious--awakening.

After I had finished my time in the military I returned home and began to have haunting nightmares of the things I had witnessed while in combat. I would awaken breathless and in a cold sweat, and lay awake the rest of the night out of fear of falling back to sleep and reliving these moments in my dreams. My doctor quickly diagnosed me with PTSD and strongly suggested I seek a therapist.

After my first therapy session I realized I didn't wish to talk about the horrors inside my head and resolved to deal with it my own way, on my own terms. Needless to say this didn't turn out well. After a few months I had turned to drugs to deal with the issues and soon found myself addicted.

My addiction lasted for several years and I had pushed away all my family and friends, building an impenetrable wall around myself. I can say it was the loneliest time of my entire life. I had hidden my addiction well for all those years and when my wife finally found out she demanded that I get help if I wanted her to remain my wife.

I agreed, and the next day found myself in a treatment facility, scared of how I would function without the drugs. Thankfully, they managed my withdrawal and made it easier to deal with. While there I had a spiritual awakening, again not to be confused with religious awakening. Upon my completion of their program I found myself walking out into the world drug free for the first time in many, many years. I was terrified.

Once home I began to read anything I could regarding spirituality. It was at this time that I stumbled upon the teachings of Buddha. Now, I am not a religious person, I do believe there is something out there that created us, but I was really digging what Buddha had to say. I was "picking up what he was throwing down".

As I said, I am not religious by any means, but to this day I try to live by the teachings of Buddha. In essence it's a very simple philosophy. Do no harm.

My wife, yes she stayed married to me and to this day is my rock, is a devout Catholic and I respect this. She laughs at me when I open the door to let a fly out instead of killing it, and 12 more fly in through the open door, or when I stop to help an ant out of a puddle of water. I did enough killing while I was in the military and vowed to never kill anything again. She gets it and I love her for that.

2012 isn't about the end people, it's about a new beginning. Humanity's ascension to the next level in our development. It's about a mass spiritual awakening, worldwide. Everything is linked. The plants and trees need us for their survival, and in return we need them for ours. We are made of the very same elements that form the stars all throughout the universe. It's time we treat everyone and everything with the same love and respect we give our wives, mothers, fathers, children, and so on. To quote Gandhi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Love all. Serve all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good to see your living a happy life again and your off the drugs, I am learning how to astral project and how to medidate, dunno if thats some sort of awakening

Btw thanks for the video, I like the song.
edit on 3-1-2012 by rockslinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thank you for posting.
Life is a road that very few travel with a purpose.

Later
covermind

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rockslinger

First, welcome to ATS. Second, yes you will find that with meditation comes an awakening. There is nothing like it my friend. Learning to meditate and block out distractions both from the outside and from within is frustrating. Like all things it takes practice. Do not get discouraged.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Im hoping 2012 will be the year, that the human race finally takes a good long hard look in the mirror. And see itself for the cancer that it currently is. Im hoping that 2012 will be the year we change for the better and find our true place in this world.
We are here for a reason and I would like to know what that reason is.

Wishfull thinking I guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

truth time is not a reason nor a source of rights, on the contrary if wrong exist then truth time would confirm it

existence as being true objective fact relatively so rejecting that creation is absolute all, is what seem the most the reason of changing perspective upon everything that clearly loose its oness reference for multiple different ends

if god created everyone and everything then conscious wars cannot b, when conscious is by excellence of definition never any nor none while always what mean truth as one freely
so objective reality is clearly the sense of free existence moves facts, i guess that the sense wont ever b real but what is certain is existence freedom fact even if it is going to be seen absolutely in negative end

which is logical, u cant expect else from the fact that exist by taking for granted true sources in meaning existing bc sources do
but the worse reason is fake sources that take advantage of that fact while becoming absolutely living evil constantly always more

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've been reading up on primitive shamanism and terrible tasting root teas that will take you into the hereafter for hours at a time, and I think I might look into vaporizing a year with a variety of natural and artificial methods of separating my mind from my body to see what all the excitement's about. Okay, so I did that relentlessly back when I was a teenager - 3 years worth of this is your brain on dope - but maybe I just wasn't ready for the clarity that grinding my brain down with a meticulously prepared regimen of toxins offers the focused initiate. All I got was the after-burn. All crust and no clear, but maybe it was just a lack of predetermination on my part? Maybe now I'd see things for what they really are after buzzing out?

Hell, I want to see what "dark colors" looks like, if nothing else. And iridescent snakes, the size of downtown buses, that morph into dead relatives who then tell me stuff that I can't remember (except that I know it was real significant...whatever it was)? Sign me up! Screw Nat Geo or the History Channel! This is 2012! Time for a new slew of educational channels.

Oh, and if anyone here really is awake (and bored with sitting around waiting on our lazy *sses)....could you be a dear and stop out to Dunkee's to pick up some coffee for the rest of us? I, for one, am thinking about finally getting up, but damn...a shot of joe would sure make it a lot easier.

Thanks.

Welcome to 2012!!!!
edit on 1/3/2012 by NorEaster because: I'm too corporeally focused to even spell correctly

edit on 1/3/2012 by NorEaster because: more failure....not awake yet

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rockslinger

Yes, in my opinion learning to astral project and achieve obe are very much a large part of your awakening.

Waking up is different for everyone and occurs at different points of our lives.

I have found that an indivdual's awakening tends to occur for them some time between the ages of 26-34

Throughout my awakening I experienced obe and astral travel, incredibly without knowing what I was doing. I quickly learned what was going on after it scared me (obe) I thought I was dieing the first time.

I have since learned how to achive obe on a nightly basis, although there are several factors that can make an obe hard or unlikely to happen.

My first obe occurred when I awoke from a sleep, needing to take a whiz. I sat up on my bed, stood up and walked to the bedroom door. I went to grab the handle and found that I couldn't. I didn't know why, but when I looked down I saw that my hand was passing straight through the door knob!

I freaked a little, then turned to look at my bed, where I saw a meatbag, still asleep. I suddenly realized that the meatbag was my body. Upon this realization, I thought I must be dead!!

Scared the whiz out of me (thankfully I was out of body or I would have had some sheets to clean =-). Over a period of a couple weeks I left my body 2-3 more times. I studied the obe experiences and triggers and developed a way that works for me to get out whenever I want, granted the days conditions are right.

Moving through walls, experiencing the world you live in every day, but flying through the world and doing other superhuman things is incredible. In nearly all my obe's, the worl in which they occur is the identical world that I live in now, all the detail in every aspect and in most cases things are more vivid and real than they are during wakefulness...

good luck with your journey, it can be a very fun one!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
My wife, yes she stayed married to me and to this day is my rock, is a devout Catholic and I respect this. She laughs at me when I open the door to let a fly out instead of killing it, and 12 more fly in through the open door, or when I stop to help an ant out of a puddle of water.

I spent around 15 minutes yesterday guiding a very large huntsman spider out through my front door. Most people I know would have thought I was nuts because it would have only taken a few seconds to kill it, but something inside me just felt it was the right thing to do. I'm glad you posted this, it makes me feel less alone.

I like the idea of "do no harm". I may have to look into Buddhism more.

Very uplifting to hear where you came from and where you are now. You should be proud of yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Share more with us on how you did this. I do not believe at all that people who are in similar conditions will be able to walk into a treatment center and get the result that you did. Most of them are just awful and amount to mild 'vacations.' I've say you're very lucky to have succeeded with one try.

In many ways I've found rehabs even counterproductive to someone who wishes to get well. Very sugary sodas are served to alcoholics, along with high sugar snacks and desserts. Alcoholics who substitute alcohol for sugar fixes are at very high risk for relapse because it stimulates the same pathway in the brain. You might even say they are wrong to withhold this information from patients, when they claim to be there to help. No clinic I've been in ever taught sustained, prolonged meditation. Everything was limited to 30 minutes or less, and there were no trained yoga instructors to teach proper breathing. There's also a sense of validation that occurs, a "this is where I belong/ it's not my fault" deal. I am very against aa and na, pseudo-"non-religious" forever-ongoing 'treatments' that are often required to be deemed a 'cooperative patient.'

I really would be interested in hearing about the place you went to and what you did, and what you did after on your own. Please share more details on how you went about accomplishing your results. If you prefer to message me with some of it privately, that would be great too. I'm also interested in how you overcame the PTSD and nightmares, as there are not many treatments available that work.

Thanks.

top topics

join