It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caterpillar Locks 500 Canadians Workers out of Plant for refusing 50% pay cut

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I understand your statement and generally agree! Maximizing profits if it's legal does no harm? Isn't that what just happened to the American economy? Bankers infiltrated government and encourage the removal of the safety net of regulations put in place after the last depression and then they plundered the nation, completely and legally in pursuit of maximizing their profits? Food for thought anyways!
Peace and prosperity to everyone no matter what your ideals!
brice

P.S. Rosanne Barr for President?
entertainment.ca.msn.com...

edit on 3-2-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

Maximizing profits if it's legal does no harm?

I never spoke to "legality". Every person has the unalienable right to flourish and prosper. No person needs permission from any state to do so. No person needs any "legal" rights, which are "rights" granted by government, in order to enjoy their natural right to flourish and prosper.

If an action causes no harm, that action is done by right. This is the simple standard by which we can understand rights. Of course, there are narrow circumstances when one has the right to cause harm, as in self defense, but outside of these narrow circumstances any action that causes no harm is done by right and "legality" has nothing to do with it, unless some government agent thinks they have some "legal" right to suppress such a right, then both "legally" speaking and lawfully speaking, that government agent acted criminally.

The simple fact of the matter is this. No "legal" acts need to be placed on law. What causes harm is unlawful and governments are established to enforce law. When "legality" becomes an excuse to diminish law, this is the problem, the problem is never the individual right to flourish and prosper. If anyone harms another in pursuit of prosperity, this is not a right, this is a crime and enforceable as such.

It is inexplicable why people would point to criminal acts to argue that this is why people can't have rights.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm pretty anti union but I can definatley see why you'd want to walk out of that job. I had a lousy temp agency get me a job at one of the plants. I was brought up to vote republican (pretty much a non voter now) but Marx did have a point when he bashed working in factories.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join