It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens U.S. Navy as sanctions hit economy - (China blinks)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Well you must know that these devil worshiping psychopaths need human sacrifice. The more, the more power from evil. I just listened to that retard George Noory on Coast, keep saying how Iran needs to stop threataning everyone, and threataning Israel, and be nicer to Istrael. I dont know who's worse (more diseased in the mind with spiritual rabies) him or Michael Savage. Evil retards. Oh God help me, I despise Noory, that dense dolt. I wish someone would beat the living crap out of him in a dark alley one night. But then, I wish these warmongering devil worshipers didn't keep easily having their way all the time. It must be true what the New York Times said many years ago. God is dead.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I wish someone would beat the living crap out of him in a dark alley one night.

Beat the living crap out of someone for having a differing opinion..... ok

Pot... meet Iran..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Here is my thinking...

Iran is doing what it thinks is in its best interest. Yes, we see a lot of chest pounding but who can blame them? Standing up to the Great Satan is important in their neck of the woods. Did the sanctions have an effect on their currency? Honestly, I don't think so because it is too soon to tell. There is always a delay between when financial action is taken and the markets adjust for what that means.

As for China blinking, I think that what China says it is doing and what China is actually planning to do is pointless to speculate on because the Chinese are slippery when it comes to their economy. We can't even figure out if they are actually pegging their currency to the dollar in order to make their markets viable. On one hand it makes perfect sense that they would capitalize on this sitaution in order to get a hold of cheaper oil due to their market bubble they are seeing in the housing market and the instability that speculators are seeing in their markets and on the other it would make more sense to goad the US into a war of attrition that you have the could easily win because of the number of boots you can put on the ground but honestly, we just don't know what's going on.

So all in all we have a country that is completely surrounded by a country that has spent the last few decades screwing with it, a trading ally that continues to pursue its own economic interests while practicing asymmetric warfare and the million dollar question is: "what does it all mean?". Well, we really won't know until we see more developments, IMO.

If I were Iran I would refuse to bow to Western pressures, I would point out that Israel has more issues with the global community concerning nuclear weapons and use that to erode western standing globally, and if the US did provoke I would attack. Maintaining the moral high ground is of the utmost importance because with that you will make Iraq look like Disney Land when American troops hit the dirt. The goal would not be to win, just survive long enough to cause economic unrest at home. And that wouldn't be hard with the US populace losing its stomach for war and NATO countries relying on Iranian oil. Just my .02 of course.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

one liner response.

Seriously what are your charges with circumstantial evidence.And do you drool for nuclear/biological warfare?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

i Wish americans were to awaken and stop the crap happening at top elite level.Things are alarming me at a rapid rate.Its a matter of time before world war breaks out.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

I have to agree, China is the dark horse here, Use Iran as a distraction and while the west is playing world police, China take Taiwan with little resistence.

It is so easy to speculate from a bystanders point of view, but unles you can see the world through the eyses of a psychopath we are just grasping at straws.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It was wrong of me to say that, and I truly don't mean it, I just get very emotional thinking about a country that has been sanctioned by US (us) and now is being threatened to be done to the way Libya was. US was the only nation to use an atomic weapon of mass destruction on a civillian population. all our wars after World War II have been based on our own created false flags (Gulf of Tonkin) while Iran never did anything to us, just like Iraq and Libya. It's like I'm sitting back behind a glass wall watching innocent people be slaughtered by demons, while my hands are tied. I am virulently anti war, for Ron Paul, but as I saw last night, many of my fellow Americans don't think and feel the same way I do. I'd like to say, that if another NWO puppet Neocon war hawk gets in the WhiteHouse, me and my n.o.k. will up and move to (is it Greenland or Iceland) but we just don't have the money. The thought of enduring another four years, much less eight, of more siphoning from the international banksters, while being given even more austerity and Orwellian measures against the citizens, is just too much.............

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

More dead babies and more blood spilled. That's all this amounts to, you know. A continuation of the things we've been taught since birth. A continuation of history. War for peace.

All of this is being dead because Iran is developing nuclear weapons.

Keep in mind that North Korea already has them. So why don't we attack North Korea? They have been sparring with South Korea for many years. What are the chances they'll use em?

The wars we have today fuel the hatred of tomorrow.

This is all based on a premise. The premise is that a) Iran is developing nuclear weapons b) The costs of war with Iran (to prevent acquisition of nuclear weapons) are lower than allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons. This premise cannot be falsified because we cannot test what HAPPENS by comparing it to other timelines. We're, presently, unable to observe other timelines. For example, we cannot say with certainty that the world is better without Saddam. To do that we would have to sum up all of the costs/benefits for this timeline and then sum up all of the costs/benefits for other timelines where Saddam was not killed or Iraq was not invaded.

So this argument is subjective with respect to its limitations. But if you look at most wars, they have this same problem. In military circles, the idea is that we must fight wars even if there's only a 20 percent chance that things will unfold as we fear. In fact, I read in a "recent" pentagon report that we must fight human-caused global warming even if the chances of it being true are less than 20 percent. This same kind of thinking applies in war. Dick Cheny, for example, famously said that even a 4 percent chance that Saddam had WMD was reason enough to bring him down through the use of war - although this judgment is also based on Saddam's past actions. It's understandable why it's this way. Nothing can be certain in this life. Our fears play into this, though. Our fears of losing, of dying, of being ruled by tyranny and so on. If a child holds up a cap gun people assume it's just a toy. But if an adult does the same thing then we assume it's a gun. Cops make these kinds of assumptions commonly in the line of duty. This is one reason why people get hurt. But it's self-defensive in nature. Whether or not this is all ok or not, I cannot say.

There will be disagreements so long as uncertainty persists.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

It was wrong of me to say that, and I truly don't mean it, I just get very emotional thinking about a country that has been sanctioned by US (us) and now is being threatened to be done to the way Libya was. US was the only nation to use an atomic weapon of mass destruction on a civillian population. all our wars after World War II have been based on our own created false flags (Gulf of Tonkin) while Iran never did anything to us, just like Iraq and Libya. It's like I'm sitting back behind a glass wall watching innocent people be slaughtered by demons, while my hands are tied. I am virulently anti war, for Ron Paul, but as I saw last night, many of my fellow Americans don't think and feel the same way I do. I'd like to say, that if another NWO puppet Neocon war hawk gets in the WhiteHouse, me and my n.o.k. will up and move to (is it Greenland or Iceland) but we just don't have the money. The thought of enduring another four years, much less eight, of more siphoning from the international banksters, while being given even more austerity and Orwellian measures against the citizens, is just too much.............

Talk about puppet Neocon? Santorum..........look at his eyes, full of fire and thunder, this guy can be real warmonger if he gets into a position of real power. Romney looks a saint compared to him. Ron Paul is the best, but sadly does not get the top votes.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Sad thing is, there're too many war hawks in Iran.

They're everywhere.

Iran is f'd up. But the sad thing is, we're too.

I'm afraid that what happens is practically pre-destined before we were born.

Ever seen a cat kill a bird and then leave it there?

Well what goes on in this world today can't be stopped. Momentum has been building for many decades. In fact, what we're today has been built up over thousands and millions of years.

War is about as normal as most anything else. It's bread and butter of survival instinct.

I'm not saying you can't pick what clothes you wear. Or that you can't resist the larger forces. You can go upstream. You can be a freak. You can do a lot of things in this life.

But some things are not easily changed. In fact, a lot of things. Larger scale things.

I have a secret and shameful wish that when we die we wake up and find this was just a dream. But I know that's immature. Too good to be true. I'm no better than any animal on earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

war and violence and similar acts should be avoided at all costs. it is not a matter of survival instincts because 'instincts' are sudden impulsive reactions. war is not so sudden, it is preplanned and replanned many times over. it is not as simple as cat killing a bird for food. furthermore, we are humans with much higher intelligence so we cannot lay responsibility of a violent action simply on impulsive behavior.

only in hope for peace...............nothing else!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Nope. Human made decisions are never pre-destined. It is only fate. Fortunately, one can change one's fate. Up to that person to choose with his/her own free will.

No point in dragging the past baggages, or we will have to drag every single baggage since the dawn of recorded current civilisation 5000 years ago. Thus - one issue at a time.

Everything is negotiatble, if on good faith. The world is not attacking Iran with violence of war right now, despite Iranian threats of war provocation such as 'death upon civilians in american streets', shutting up critical internation shipping lanes,etc.

Just end the threats, drop the foolish bravodoes and get back to the negotiating table, that's all that the civilised world asked. If the Persian leaders still prefer to use the intrument fear upon the world, rest assured the civilised world will have none of that, and hell will most certainly break loose.

It is now upon those persian leaders' heads if they failed to seek for peace in our civilised world. And those pieces of rags on those persian leaders' heads aint gonna count for much when s*ht happens. The civilised world do have their limits on patience, when there are suspected evidences of nuke armament processing in Iran instead of energy needs that it claimed its use for.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

unleashing war on a country because its leaders issued a threat! when did any iranian leader threat amercians on their streets.

btw, what negotiating table are you talking about and for what? for making nuclear weapons for self defense? you are acting as if usa owns the whole world!

come out of the dreamworld before it is too late!

peace!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Survival instinct can impact how we react to our fears and to stimuli. Over the long term, I would think it can have dramatic effect on large scale forces like war or politics or country. Just because we dress in fancier clothes and our ideas are awash in complexity, does not also mean we're immune to instinct or evolutionary impulse. It's like arguing that large scale forces are completely separate of instinct or genetics or cultural or racial characteristics. For me, it's impossible to separate these things. Humans are animals. Humans are genetics. Humans are lots of things. These things are inseparable. Our mind is not some spiritual hocus pocus. It's part of our body. All of it's connected. What's so hard is to know how it all intermingles. Nature is so complex. We're nearly helpless to understand. But ignorance is not an excuse. We have to try.

Basically, we told Iran not to develop nuclear weapons. From what we have, it appears they have defied this ruling. So we have applied sanctions. Traditionally, countries do not like being sanctioned. It would be educational if somebody could compile a list of all countries that have been sanctioned in the past 200 years and to determine which ones reacted by declaring war. So far, Iran has only issued threats. But if they carried out on some of them, we would likely respond in kind. And that could, of course, lead to full scale war. But can we be blamed if Iran responds violently to punishment? Punishment is a part of justice. We reward those who follow the rules and we punish those who do not. We can only be blamed if the consensus in the world arrives at that judgment. I'm assuming that these sanctions on Iran are the consensus and that Iran is the one that owes the world. By responding violently, Iran would condemn itself to something worse than punishment: war. And it's probably not a war they would win. IF they truly value their children and their culture, they will resist the impulse to fight. By doing this, they ensure that their culture has a chance of surviving and retaining the better part of its character.

If they choose to fight, they will live with the defeat and the condemnation forever. When others look upon them, they will look with a fleeting glance and a grimace. For these were the ones who defied law and order and fought in opposition to the things that brought this world into being.

What brought this world into being? Compromise. By fighting, they refuse to compromise.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

who are you to tell Iran or anyone else to not develop nukes? about time this thinking is set right otherwise many more wars and plunder down the road.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Iran happens to be right next door to Iraq and we just got done with Iraq. If we're not on good terms with Iran, like at present, then we cannot just ignore what happens in Iran. Iran will seek to use Iraq to fight a proxy war against us. We know that Iran is doing this with Israel and we're sure they're doing this with us (in Iraq). But we have also fought proxy wars. Most countries (if not all) have. That's not justification for war, otherwise we'd -all- be at war and it would probably result in some kind of nuclear winter, obliterating everything on earth. Anyway, the knowledge that Iran has fought proxy wars against us and is using Iraq to drain us is probably feeding into the decision process in regards to this sanctioning business and how we move forward.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Poor old Iran...got to give them credit for all their bluster, but what chance do they really have? None I'd say.

Surrounded by US Military (STARS on map)

The Iranian economy should be taking a nose dive very soon.

I'm sure there is step 2 on the way.

At step 5: Iran gives up.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by victor7

Iran happens to be right next door to Iraq and we just got done with Iraq. If we're not on good terms with Iran, like at present, then we cannot just ignore what happens in Iran. Iran will seek to use Iraq to fight a proxy war against us. We know that Iran is doing this with Israel and we're sure they're doing this with us (in Iraq). But we have also fought proxy wars. Most countries (if not all) have. That's not justification for war, otherwise we'd -all- be at war and it would probably result in some kind of nuclear winter, obliterating everything on earth. Anyway, the knowledge that Iran has fought proxy wars against us and is using Iraq to drain us is probably feeding into the decision process in regards to this sanctioning business and how we move forward.

buddy, watch your thinking, logic and decision processes otherwise you will run your country into abyss in 10 years at the most. financial abyss you are already in, other brands are also almost ready and you are focusing on Iran and similar nonsense topics. you guys drunk or something?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by victor7

Iran happens to be right next door to Iraq and we just got done with Iraq. If we're not on good terms with Iran, like at present, then we cannot just ignore what happens in Iran. Iran will seek to use Iraq to fight a proxy war against us. We know that Iran is doing this with Israel and we're sure they're doing this with us (in Iraq).

All your premise and thought prosesses are bogus.

IFF Iran wanted war, they'd have attacked you while you were in Iraq ... a bunch of morons on foot in Iraq, stumbling over sticks and stones, killing women and children and blowing up dogs. It's a perfect target, and provides an everyday excuse to start a war. The people of Iraq are muslim, and being the leader of the muslim nation ... Iran could have taken any event in Iraq, as an attack on muslims, and as an excuse to wage war.

They didn't ...

Now the US takes out the troops from Iraq, not because Iraq is safe ... hell we all know it isn't. But because, the US is prepairing for a possible airstrike ... doesn't want it's troops on the ground, while an unsafe position with Iran is played out.

Textbook example ...

But Iran? well, they talk big ... because they're scared. They can't fight back, don't have capability anymore than Iraq did. All they have ... is big words.

If it was me ... I'd nuke that carrier ... I'd put my own "navy seals" out to sabotage every oil loading depo in Saudi and the Emirates ... every single one. I'd put my own "mossad" out, to do similar sabotage.

I know I wouldn't win the war ... but I'd also know, that when my country was done ... the US/EU was bankrubt, and done forever ... totally ruined, for good. And that, would play out in favour of my nation when it needed to rise up from the aftermath of the war. Because my nation has the riches deposits on earth, and every nation would be willing to build it up, and avoid the previous errors that caused the horrors.

Iran doesn't even have this stragedy ... they don't have any stragedy ... they're selfish leaders, like George W. Bush, that has big words and not a sense of sacrificing anything, except everyone else ... they're about as harmless as a nest of bees ... their sting is annoying, and they are irritating ... but they're not dangerous to our way of life.

edit on 4/1/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Poor old Iran...got to give them credit for all their bluster, but what chance do they really have? None I'd say.

Surrounded by US Military (STARS on map)

The Iranian economy should be taking a nose dive very soon.

I'm sure there is step 2 on the way.

At step 5: Iran gives up.

How that map and the spin people try to use anny the piss out of me. If we pull the view out some more you will see we can start tagging countries that border the supposed US allies who are allied with Iran / Russia and China.

Any reason its ignored?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join