It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens U.S. Navy as sanctions hit economy - (China blinks)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I really think this is an effort to take the heat off Syria for a little bit. I would not doubt it if lil Kim Jr. did something to distract us from Iran any day. We have seen this game played before. Just let Israel hit Syria and we will take care of Iran. Little Kim Jr. cant afford a war and everyone knows it because the U.S. would instantly take the gloves off and hit him so hard his great great grandchildren will feel the repercussions.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

What difference does it make if Iran produces its own bomb or pays $1B to cash starved and bankrupt North Korea and Pakistan to get them a couple of these goodies. If I were Iran, I would go about this route have a couple of nukes and one tactical nuke to make a nuke test like explosion. World will think Iran has the bomb and end of the story. Whole world including Iran and its 'big beard' Mullahs know what will be the response if Iran ever uses its nukes on any country. Nukes are meant more for deterrent than for destruction.

Initially sanctions on Iran will hurt them. But if they find a way to live on very little and choke off the oil supply then world will suffer from higher oil prices and might even get into depression. However, this is the strategy of the US, to have the oil prices go much high and global economy sufferes and USD devalues and a major chunk of the US debt is washed out. In last 10 years USD has lost 50% of its value which means some long term strategy is at works.

Furthermore, why should China let Iran go to hell. Chinese and Russians both know the long term goal of US and NATO is to do 'Arab Spring - Libya style' on both these major powers. Right now they are diluting their friends so that when Russia and China are faced off, they would not have any friends to rely on and cause parallel distraction. Chinese would be stupid to show their rears to Iran at this important time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

what ever happened to that iranian fleet of ships that were supposed to be hangin out on the eastern seaboard of the us in international waters?...the straight of hormuz i believe is aprox. 50 km wide..sooo.is there not international waters there?...i'm not trained in the art of war or politics but when it all boils down there are no rules...just a dumb thought

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Poor old Iran...got to give them credit for all their bluster, but what chance do they really have? None I'd say.

Surrounded by US Military (STARS on map)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Last time I heard, the US troops have left Iraq as of December 2011. Bases do not matter, it is the number of men and material available. Let me repeat the warning................"Persians are not oil drunk Arabs of Iraq, Libya or Saudia".

Before fighting with Turks, Persians or Afghanis, I would think two dozen times, as these groups are very tenacious and gritty.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

What difference does it make if Iran produces its own bomb or pays $1B to cash starved and bankrupt North Korea and Pakistan to get them a couple of these goodies. If I were Iran, I would go about this route have a couple of nukes and one tactical nuke to make a nuke test like explosion. World will think Iran has the bomb and end of the story. Whole world including Iran and its 'big beard' Mullahs know what will be the response if Iran ever uses its nukes on any country. Nukes are meant more for deterrent than for destruction.

Initially sanctions on Iran will hurt them. But if they find a way to live on very little and choke off the oil supply then world will suffer from higher oil prices and might even get into depression. However, this is the strategy of the US, to have the oil prices go much high and global economy sufferes and USD devalues and a major chunk of the US debt is washed out. In last 10 years USD has lost 50% of its value which means some long term strategy is at works.

Furthermore, why should China let Iran go to hell. Chinese and Russians both know the long term goal of US and NATO is to do 'Arab Spring - Libya style' on both these major powers. Right now they are diluting their friends so that when Russia and China are faced off, they would not have any friends to rely on and cause parallel distraction. Chinese would be stupid to show their rears to Iran at this important time.

It doesn't matter where Iran gets it's nukes. You are right. They want them, and they will get them.

But Iran wants to make them. It is not the same as buying one on the black market and if the radiation has traces that can be traced back to North Korea or Pakistan, then Iran loses face. They want to be self sufficient in this respect, and well, I don't blame them for that. They've got balls. If they do make a nuke, they will be in a totally different arena than they are now. Once they joint the M.A.D. group, then there is no doubt they will be vaporized in the event of a nuclear war with any other nuclear nation. That is really the only hope for Iran's survival if they do not abandon their nuclear program.

China is out for China.
Although a good relation with Iran is in China's best interest because they have oil, they are not going to back up Iranian stupidity, which threatening to close the strait was. China is not dumb, and knows how important that strait is to the world. I believe they are looking elsewhere, such as Canada, for oil.
China doesn't want Iran to have nukes either. It is not in their best interest, nor is it in the best interest of the world, however at this point, it does seem to be in the best interest of Iran.
Iran will be gobbled up in whatever is to come if they do not develop a nuclear weapon.

Personally, myself, I think this all has been planned for the most part over the last 20 years. The Arab Spring was the sign to put everything in motion and a much larger war is brewing, but that is just what I suspect.

I can only watch and wonder WTF all these crazy Governments are doing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Iran filed a protest at the Chemical Weapons Convention against the US.

This is what its all about. Iraq had chemical weapons that were fully declared to the Convention. I think they were made in the USA and we gave them to Iraq back when we were buds. The US bombed the chemical weapons in their bunker in Iraq, Iran claims this released it into the atmosphere which is a violation of the Treaty.

They also claim we flew some out of Iraq that survived and didn't declare it to the Convention.

It ain't about oil. It's about Liability. Iran's got to be nullified so their protest at the Convention stops.

Thaz my conspiracy theory....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

If world can live with Pakistan having nukes, then Iran is and has been ten times more responsible and decent nation than the Osama and Al-Queda hosting Pakis.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Along that line of thought the reasoning would be that everyone should have nukes that wants them.

Is this how you personally feel?

I am curious.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No country has the right to tell Iran it can't have nuclear weapons when those countries have them themselves.

You only have to see how the nuclear armed US has surrounded Iran to see who the real agressor is here. I can't believe people are falling for the WMD excuse again...

"We can have them, but you can't" will never work to accomplish peace. The Iranians aren't stupid - they know what the US is trying to do. There is no point negotiating because the US simply does not want to. Ahmadinejad has travelled to the US to speak there. The US would never send its President to speak in Iran. As soon as Ahmadinejad says something in the UN that the US doesn't like, they spit the dummy and walk out on him.

The US wants war to appease the God of War it has blatantly depicted on its $1 bill. Negotiations risk ruining this.

In short, Iran has every right to threaten the US navy. It needs to do what it can to protect itself.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

And the US has every right to respond to that threat with force.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That is true, if a country wants a nuke then they can have one if they develop the technology. If you want to stop "boys from losing their virginity to prostitutes" then better take the prostitutes off the streets, not put the boys on leash. US can throw in lots of technological barriers and incentives and disincentives to thwart any nation from getting nukes. However, attacking a country and choking off its main source of revenue is not the right way of approaching things. Iran did not use chemical weapons even when its own soldiers and people were attacked by chemicals by Saddam's Iraq and that too more than once.

Only US knows what it is leading the world to. Has North Korea gone into blackmailing the world after it got the nukes...........No! Neither would Iran. Nukes will be a deterrent to them and that's all fine.
edit on 4-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by NuclearPaul

And the US has every right to respond to that threat with force.

2nd line

Only US knows where it is leading the world to. My mark my words, think two dozen times before picking fight with Turks, Persians or Afghanis. Not a good idea!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Thanks for that, that is kind of what I figured.

My personal belief is that every country that gets a nuclear bomb is just one more trigger.
Instead of going forward towards disarmament we are going backwards towards nuclear conflict.
Just a reminder to all of what we are really talking about:

This is the most terrible weapon ever created,
No one should have it.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: fixed vid

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Since 2003 invasion approx, 162,000 Iraqi's died and more than 250,000 were displaced. That is 'nuclear bomb attack' in a slow motion. That is 3 Hiroshima bombs going off in Bagdhad.

There are creative ways of killing. Either you can kill in few hours via a nuke or in few years by actions which result in civil wars and similar 'people killing' events.

edit on 4-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

That when you link to a blog with an agenda you only get part of the story. The guy was not beat, he was depressed, acting erratically, and off his meds - oh, and he was also driunk off his ass. He was taken to jail and placed in a restraint chair, which is allowable when people who are intoxicated / danger to themselves / others / on drugs. The pepper spray seems a bit much, but we dont have the report in front of us as to why it was used.

Miami news - 2009

What does a 3 year old story have to do with Iran? It doesn't even have any bearing on US laws since they vary from state to state, which is not true in Iran since Sharia is universal there.

Any reason people just refuse to try to find all the information when it comes to BS like this? Seriously, not everyone is that lazy.. Or do people ignore it so they can continue the spin while bashing the US at the same time?

Had this occurred in Iran, he would most likely have been executed for solely being drunk.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
reply to post by Xcathdra

what ever happened to that iranian fleet of ships that were supposed to be hangin out on the eastern seaboard of the us in international waters?...the straight of hormuz i believe is aprox. 50 km wide..sooo.is there not international waters there?...i'm not trained in the art of war or politics but when it all boils down there are no rules...just a dumb thought

There was never any Iranian Navy fleet off the US. It was all bluff and bluster from the hotheads in the Iranian Navy. All they were stating is that they can transit international waters the same as the US Navy does. The only Iranian Navy vessels deployed are the ones as part of the International Task Force off the Horn of Africa / Red Sea for pirate patrol.

www.somaliareport.com...

The Iranian Navy has been part of the Task Force for a number of years.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

Iran can only close the parts of the Strait of Hormuz that is in her territorial waters.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oman controls the southern portion. Again all bluff and bluster by the Iranians.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I have nothing more to add.

One nuclear weapon is the same as ALL nuclear weapons,once fired,it will create a chain reaction of multiple nuclear weapons from multiple countries, there is no winner. We all die.

The sad thing is, we will see that day within my lifetime.
I have seen it with my own eyes.

Iran should never acquire a nuclear weapon,Russia,China, and the US should disarm,dismantle and destroy their stockpiles..

But they won't. Iran will get its bomb.

The world will end in a nuclear nightmare started with a missile sent from the east, arriving in a US harbor.

What an interesting time to be alive.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: deleted Thumb up lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join