It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ron Paul loses then I hope this country burns....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by peponastick
I would like to say it's been fun...but it hasn't. Don't worry you'll get your wish:

more war
more death
more taxes
more loss of freedom
more corruption
more federal reserve printing
more...more...more..enjoy being a slave.

Can you show me where I have wished for those? Seems you are just posting to post -- without any critical thought or mind to what you are saying.

But then again, I am not an ardent Paul supporter and will question him as I do any politician. This it seems is a problem with you.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

i swear "support " for ron paul gets more cultish every day

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I have to highly disagree on Americans being scared of guns. Personally, I don't know of one single friend or relative (besides children) that doesn't own a gun.

Every township within the county I live in has at least one or more firing ranges.

The main discussion at parties I used to go too, were all gun talk.

I've even heard rumors of a local militia, and I bet those militias are all over the US either blowing up the government's underground bunkers (also rumors I've heard), or just waiting to strike. Then again, they could just be some gun club who acts out scenarios and maybe someone saw them and thought it was something else. Who knows.

So yeah, I don't know about your town, but the people in mine are definitely not scared of guns whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Canada is part of the British commonwealth.

Which basically means, whoever is sending the US and UK troops to war is also in control of Canada.

I have a feeling there aren't many 'free' places left in the world.

your tax will feed the elite wherever you go

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ron Paul is like Cicero in the final years of the Roman Republic.

Like Paul, Cicero was a strict constitutionalist, who called for responsibility at a time when the Republic was literally bankrupt from massive entitlement programs and foreign military expeditions.

Cicero failed and the Republic collapsed into dictatorship, giving birth to one of the greatest empires in human history.

Like the Roman Republic, the constitutional republic known as the United States may not survive the coming years, but its people and the dream of America will survive.

Burning America will not help anyone though, especially the rest of the world.

Historically when that happens, when a government of a great power collapses and the transition isn't peaceful, normally the result is a new regime that starts a reign of terror and from there it begins to expand. If you think the current government is "evil", just wait and see what happens if the country "burns". You'll be up to your neck in messianic theofascists, massacres, witch hunts and literal crusades that will make the ones 1000 years ago pale in comparison.

Argentina will not be a safe haven. None of Latin America would be.

In fact there would be few if any refuges on earth from any North American empire. Keep in mind that any American empire wouldn't depend on anyone for energy, food, or heavy industry. A nation with the largest amount of heavy industry and infrastructure on earth, along with the largest energy reserves on the planet, suddenly freed from any sort of moral obligations would be an absolute nightmare for the rest of the planet. The Third Reich and the Napoleonic Empire wouldn't come close. Even worse there wouldn't be a British Empire or comparable entity to stand up to an American Empire, as was the case with Germany and France. The planet would be at the mercy of a power unlike anything in human history.

In other words, burning is the last thing anyone should hope for.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think for me Ron Paul not getting elected as the Republican Candidate will be the final chess piece for me to go all 2012, NWO on everyone and start shacking up, learning up survival skills and preparing for the worst and I live in Australia.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have said it before, and I willk say it again.."never underestimate the American Spirit."

yes, we have made mistakes in allowing the corruption to go on for so long, yes, we screwed up on more than one occassion. (I dont include decisions by TPTB, they were not made by the average Amercian!)

But when the peaceful PEOPLE, (not governments) of America, are awakened, such as a lot of what we see now, it becomes a roaring lion. America is my country, I support her, I beelive in the goodness of her on so many levels, sad to see so many wish for her demise, and encourage her final death. WE THE PEOPLE still do exist.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I am sorry that you could pin all of your hopes on one human being.
What happens if he is constitutionally elected to potus and his first day in has an honest heart attack?
I think the PTB are hoping that peoples hopes will be crushed and fall in to line, or just go to Argentina.
Don't give up yet, the game has barely started.
In fact, according to the average longevity of past empires, the US still has 750 years left on top.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You are right, no one can stop a North American Empire or whatever it may be called. But there are some who can wipe out the head, the US, leading to the death of the empire. It will require a lot of detrmination because they have to do it without any warning and ensure a devastation of the scale unseen or unheard of before then, to prevent the remaining from even considering a retaliatory attack. I am sure somewhere along the line, they will provide it.

So as far as those of us outside the West are concerned, US can start burning right now!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

It would be suicide for any post-collapse nation to try anything like that or even worse result in a "MAD" scenario, where the whole planet suffers an extinction level event in the exchange.

Any empire that replaced the former United States, would still have access to all of the technology and science developed prior to the collapse, including space based systems and AI. In other words, there wouldn't be one head to take out. The entire system would be like a hydra, with many heads.

In the event of an American Reich, the best the world could do at that stage is try to fuel decay from within through memetic engineering and viral propaganda, e.g. what the US did to the Soviet Union and still does to China. Another viable option would be offworld colonies and industry, which could lead to a balance of power or at the least, a sanctuary in the event the planet fell.

It would be far better and safer to prevent the rise of an American Reich in the first place than to try to fight it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Spoken like a true psychopath or their defender.

The attack against the US will be swift and comprehensive and will come when the whole world, except the psychopaths, is convinced tolerating the psychopaths even for one more day is unacceptable for anyone who doesn't wish to live as they dictate and is capable of launching a devastating attack against them. Is there a risk that they will retaliate? Yes, sure there is. Is it likely? No, unless the psychopaths are suicidal. If they are, they could have launched the first attack anyway, so it doesn't matter.

No we are not vacating the planet to let the psychopaths rule. Either they learn to behave or will be destroyed.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Ron Paul is like Cicero in the final years of the Roman Republic.

Like Paul, Cicero was a strict constitutionalist, who called for responsibility at a time when the Republic was literally bankrupt from massive entitlement programs and foreign military expeditions.

I am sorry but I am not finding this connection; that Cicero could be [or is] a strict Constitutionalists. Can you please clarify and expound on this point of view?

Cicero failed and the Republic collapsed into dictatorship, giving birth to one of the greatest empires in human history.

The Republic...in this context I suppose you are speaking of the Roman Empire?! If not; what is it you are referring to?

Like the Roman Republic, the constitutional republic known as the United States may not survive the coming years, but its people and the dream of America will survive.

To this I agree -- the ideals and principles are bound to no country or nationality; rather they are bound to the spirit of free Men.
edit on 4-1-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by ownbestenemy because: Fixed quoting issue

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Cicero's De Re Publica was a series of six books highlighting his political philosophy. Not all of it surivived into modern times. Two of the books dealt with constitutions.

Another series of his books, De Legibus, dealt with natural law and outlined Roman constitutional reform. It was his last major work before the fall of the Republic. Like De Re Publica, is has not survived wholly intact into modern times.

In the last days of the Republic, Caesar offered Cicero to join the Triumvirate. He refused based on his strong republican and traditional values.

The Republic...in this context I suppose you are speaking of the Roman Empire?! If not; what is it you are referring to?

I suppose Cicero was a Roman politician?

edit on 4/1/12 by MikeboydUS because: Caesar

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I am very open to being called out and also correcting mistakes; unfortunately I am well passed the 4 hour mark to correct that.
edit on 8-1-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Whoa hold on there man... Rand Paul is still a hope for this country although he does not agree with everything on which Ron Paul says...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join