It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens action if U.S. carrier returns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just more of the same empty saber rattling?

Iran threatens action if U.S. carrier returns: IRNA

Iran will take action if a U.S. aircraft carrier which left the area because of Iranian naval exercises returns to the Gulf, the state news agency quoted army chief Ataollah Salehi as saying on Tuesday.

"Iran will not repeat its warning ... the enemy's carrier has been moved to the Sea of Oman because of our drill. I recommend and emphasize to the American carrier not to return to the Persian Gulf," Salehi told IRNA.

"I advise, recommend and warn them (the Americans) over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once," the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Salehi as saying.

Salehi did not name the aircraft carrier or give details of the action Iran might take if it returned.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This has been posted 60 minutes ago at this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
repeat of above poster

edit on 1/3/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
They should.. If some other country was doing the same we sure as hell would react. We are itching for that "1st shot heard around the world" to go off...

U

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
America has no right to be their, if they go back they are purposely provoking them and putting millions of life at risk, Im not a fan or the Iranian government but i respect that a country warns before firing first and to me that is better then alot of other countries who shoot first think later.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Given the whole "we'll close the straights if more sanctions are imposed" line of recent weeks.. so it is no wonder this sabre rattling is coming from Tehran when we have these things coming out of France and the EU on top of the US sanctions.

France calls for embargo on Iranian oil

France has urged its European partners to follow the US lead and impose an embargo on Iranian oil exports and freeze Iranian central bank assets, as tension with Tehran escalates.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I guess the question is, can a way be found to de-escalate these tensions?

edit on 3/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join