It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran military warns US aircraft carrier away from Gulf

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Patriot - for God's sake, American soldiers died in Abrams tanks but that is not the point.

It is one thing to fight to actually defend your country it is another to fight half way around the world fro nothing.

Do you really want any Americans to even get hurt let alone get killed in a region we should not even be closae to?

Stop listening to the propaganda. Think if the Chinese Navy had an aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Mexico.

It makes me sick to see that Marine with 1/3 of his brain gone - for no reason.

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by BRAVO949

The tank may be dead but I guarantee everyone in that tank walked away unharmed. That's the beauty of the Abrams tank. The whole munitions supply can cook off in the back and the troops inside will be safe as can be. When help arrives they will unlock and come out. Most of the deaths in Iraq came from letting our troops run around in Hummers. When we built and deployed Strikers in record time the deaths dropped dramatically. That's American innovation.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
reply to post by stirling

You missed a couple of big ones. In just the last few days over the holidays the US sold Saudi Arabia and UAE major proprietary military aircraft and technology. Can you say air space granted and refueling access points?

Look for a strike any moment - literally any moment. iowa Caucuses provide a nice distraction and are a srewd way for Obama to steal the GOPs limelight.

I'm starting to wonder if you might be right. There's a lot of B-2 activity in the air today. More than usual anyway. Hope they don't keep me up all night! I can't even complete this sentence without B-2 thunder rolling in the background. Goodnight to all! Check back with you in the morning for the latest!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i think we will force iran to shoot first..make them the bad guys, then go in and take over
i think it will happen fairly soon too.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
IS this where the false flagg starts and we sink our own carrier????

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by irontyrant
reply to post by bluedrake

LOL, their missile tech is so 1960s. I hope they don't get too encouraged. The Germans were developing anti-radiation missiles in the 1940s, the U.S. used them to good effect in Viet Nam. Iran has a fifth rate military that is only capable of harassing its own citizenry.
edit on 3-1-2012 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

LOL, another brainwashed american...
Iran has military that will kill many of you. They are trained and prepared. Read something about Iran before you post about them. Its not some dirty arabs in rusty old russian tanks... And i hope that my goverment will not send our boys to help you, we allready gave our lives for nothing in Iraq and Afghanistan...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
i think we will force iran to shoot first..make them the bad guys, then go in and take over
i think it will happen fairly soon too.

"Go in and take over"?

What are you smoking tonight?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulParasite
Iran has military that will kill many of you. They are trained and prepared. Read something about Iran before you post about them. Its not some dirty arabs in rusty old russian tanks... And i hope that my goverment will not send our boys to help you, we allready gave our lives for nothing in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Nobody cares about how many lives you sacrificed in Iraq ... you murdered over a million civilians, and mutilated children, and children are still being born deformed, because of your use of depleted uranium shells.

It's just a question of when Americans will be lynched like the nazis for these activities ... the part about deformed children being born, is something that will never go away. It will be used as an excuse to nuke you in the future. So PRAY, that the oil in the middle east doesn't dry up ... because when it does ... US is dead, literally. It's the only thing, that is keeping their status quo. Nations of the world, need oil ... even China.

edit on 4/1/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Actually, americans used depleted uranium amunition not troops from my country... And they used it in Falujah.
Do you know how many of these "civilians" where running around with ak's and dragunovs stolen from saddams weapon caches?
I was supporting this war. Afghan too. But americans f** it up, like always. They destroyed these countries not helped them...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

Originally posted by irontyrant
reply to post by verschickter

Really? Radar was invented by the British in the 1930s, you must be joking. The home-brewed,unlike the British Still-brewed Chieftain,technology is tragically old school. They are still trying to get nukes now in the 21st Century. The real world powers had them six decades ago.

South Africa had nukes back in the 1960-70's, does that make them a true super power today?

They might not have the latest technology but that does not mean the US should ignore their threats.

If the US ever attacked South Africa, I'm pretty sure they'd be limping home right now in a bunch of life boats...

SA isnt a 3rd world country...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
IS this where the false flagg starts and we sink our own carrier????

It would work like a charm to the world, then immeaditely start pounding missles from subs, sinking Irania subs and boats, then hitting land targets. China and Russia would act, prolly underwater also.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Anyone know the current location of the US carrier and its status?
edit on 4-1-2012 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
wondering why we keep going on about which country would kick who's azz..the big picture isn't who is more bad azz ..the powers who control all these wars don't care which nations they use to carry out their orders ..i mentioned on ats last year that Iran was next on the agenda USA , United Kingdom, Europe, Russia,Israel are all controlled by a elite few ..yes USA have a mighty army ..yes they can kick azz..but what they are doing is no different than what the Nazi's did over 70 years ago..they kill in the name of peace..now there's a cliche..where will it end ? world war 3? where we kill each other to the amusement of the elite..we have a responsibility as a people to lobby against wars not to encourage them ..wondering how many false flags against IRAN will be put through the media killing stations in the upcoming months ...peace

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx

Simple reality is that if the US wasn't taking on the role of combatant here, Iran would freely develop nuclear weapons which would enable them to blackmail the ME region and parts of Europe. They would then freely use oil blockades to blackmail all developed nations.

I don't think people like this should be called israelites, but bu#es ... because it's a load of bs.

We, allies, hate the US? I wonder why ... sure the US won WWII, but it takes a big creap to beat a creap ... in other words, it doesn't matter where you look at the map, WWI, WWII or current wars. You will find one single common denominator in all of these. And it ain't germans or japs. The US won, with the help of every criminal in the world ... and why would criminals and mafiosos help the US, if it wasn't for their own benefit. And we are seeing them reap that benefit right now ... Haliburton in Iraq, is a textbook example. And what followed is the deaths of millions of people from asia to south america, that far exceeds anything the germans murdered ... all in the name of the talmut ... ah sorry, I mean democracy. That is, the american version of democracy, where they can beat you up, torture you, put you on guantanamo ... and now, jail you, beat you and murder you ... and you have no right of a trial. This last fact, just tells the glory tell tale of the American/Israel dream ... now, why on earth should We, the allies ... hate them ... I wonder?

When it comes to Iran ... well, we're probably not going to help Iran, but we are close to the line in the sand. Where one of your "allies" will help them ... literally nuke you. With every war, and every deformed child that is born our rage gets bigger. And although we very well know, we promised peace ... this isn't the peace we bargained for. You may have no emotion for children in Iraq or Iran, because they are muslim ... but we sure the hell do. Gentile or no Gentile, they deserve the same respect.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
To those doubting the veracity of this story based on the source publication:

CNN: Iran Warns U.S. over aircraft carrier

NY Times: Iran Warns U.S. Aircraft Carrier Not to Return to Gulf

Washington Post: Iran warns U.S. carrier not to return to Persian Gulf

Unless the entire story is a fabrication and is being repeated by all major news outlets, it happened.

With that out of the way, I'll add my own two cents. I suspect (and hope) Iran's armed forces are saber rattling. I also suspect (and hope) that since the carrier group was repositioned in deference to Iran's maneuvers, the U.S. isn't planning for any (at this time) intervention. A real conflict with Iran would, as I've said in other topics, carry a high cost in human lives. I always oppose armed conflict.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

thoughtsfull had a good point. And if it does go the way of embargo, chances are it will not end well.

But we have inflated their ego by not doing more, perhaps.

Still, what can you do. They shoot first, we destroy them.

Sad. thousands of years of isolation and culture, destroyed in weeks. I really would love to take a trip to see if the good 'ol ark of the covenant is in there somewhere. I truly hope this is not the end for Iran.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I find this part immensely funny:

In his statement Tuesday, Pentagon spokesman Little said the Navy "operates under international maritime conventions to maintain a constant state of high vigilance in order to ensure the continued, safe flow of maritime traffic in waterways critical to global commerce.

What is "international waters",

high sea: the open seas of the world outside the territorial waters of any nation.

And the strait of hormuz most certainly is not international waters.

The government of Iran is looking more and more silly, in reality. They had the US forces at their doorstep in Iraq, for years and didn't react. Now, the same aircraft carriers, that they "allowed" to pass to kill Saddam, is coming to kill them ....

What an irony, I wonder if they'll have the intellect to wake up from their stupidity ... or if they'll continue to make empty threats, that will make them look bad in the main stream media and help the US. And if they "shutup", then the US will revive some of their "Al Qaida" soldiers, to have them voice out loud support for Iran, just like they did for Iraq ...

Oh how ironic ...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Sad. thousands of years of isolation and culture, destroyed in weeks. I really would love to take a trip to see if the good 'ol ark of the covenant is in there somewhere. I truly hope this is not the end for Iran.

The ark of the covenant?

Seriously Gorman91, that sort of stupidity is beyond you, you're smarter than this ... you know very well,as do I, that the jews are not the jews ... and that the bible is stolen work. The ark of the covenant, is a good movie ... but historically it's just fake stuff, just like Saddam's babylon. The people of Israel, are like the indian nation of America, fighting over ancient burrial grounds ... and the US's only interrest in Israel, is to be able to have "stakes" in the oil rich middle-east. And the US interrest in the oil, is merely to ensure that they stay on top of the food-chain.

Iran, should fight ... they should have started the fighting, when the US was in Iraq. Their nuclear powerplants are for civilian purposes, naturally ... Iran doesn't want to burn it's own oil, to give itself electricity. But what Iran is missing, is that when the oil starts to diminish ... Israel wants to be the nation, that provides such services to the rest ...

Unfortunately for Iran, their religion and cultural isolation, has not improved their ability to plan ahead ... unlike the Chinese.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Don't under estimate other countries military,just because your so high up on your countries military ego.
You know what examples i could use to back up my statement as well.

America is not that good,they just think they are,which makes their people think they are.
When in reality,if it wasn't for resources and information stolen from other countries for warfare,your country would be nothing.

Iran is surrounded by the "Allies", so they will probably not do anything,either way.

But America is just gagging for Iran to do something hostile,that's why they drove their carrier straight into Iran's naval exercises.They just cant help themselves.

America has done enough world war crimes for the rest of the world to wipe them from the face of the planet,hopefully one day we will all do exactly that,or let them destroy themselves.

Good riddance.

edit on 4-1-2012 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Lol...!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Shows how much you know about me.

Surprise, I'm a fundie.

Everything you think of me is a lie apparently. I believe in everything you think is fake.

And both ironically and perplexedly, I do not believe a theocracy is telling the truth of their reasons.

I do think Iran wants the bomb. And good. They should have it,

But they are a theocracy. And I find myself conflicted between desiring the destruction of a theocracy, and desiring peace.

Oh an fyi, China is not somehow better because they have no religion. Primarily because that's incorrect. Most Chinese are either Buddhist or Confuscian, and it is estimated there are 30 million Christians, with expectations that that will 10 fold if current standards keep up.

China has forethought BECAUSE of their religion, not because they don't have one. It is wise and great before the Confucian tradition to think before you act.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join