It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran military warns US aircraft carrier away from Gulf

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Is anybody listening?
Let me make it perfectly clear
SHKVAAL Russian rocket torpedo sold to Iran some time ago......
Imagine fifty of these torpedoes laid on the bottom of the straights.......
(a simple launcher that sinks holding the rocket in a firing position....
A radio acticated fire circuit, and this baby is a fire and forget rocket torpedo which travels at mach 2 or so......
The straights are 34 miles wide approx......
The carrier would only have to take a couple of hits from these weapons to score a wipe out....
There are many other easily made PASSIVE mines of all types that could have been laid during the exercises that were being held....
People have to understand it is the enemy who strikes where and when not expected in a manner that is unique to the situation has a very good chance to cripple the other side before they get started maybe.....
As in the US fleet exercises when the commaander of the mock iranians struck hard and struck first with massive missile launches....
This general resigned the command after the joint chiefs rewrote the exercises to allow the navy to win.
He protests the shallowness of the high commands thinking in doing so.
There are other weapons the Iranis could bring to bear....
I can imagine some viruses which could be easily spread in the close confines of a ship, as well as chemical war heads which could kill or disable almost a whole crew leaving the ship for a prize to the first who get there with the mostest.....
They do have submarines which could act as mobile mine laying xhips that would theoretically lay their mines iin the path of the fleet and scoot......
No holds are barred when david faces a goliath, and the ingenuity of the persian culture is plainly far from being exhausted.....after all they have the cure for aids and have built a flying saucer so they claim.....
It would pay to speak somewhat more circumspectly than the bragadoccio i have heard so far.....s.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

you talk as though the US as no idea what a missle is and have no idea what they are capable of, do you think they would go to war with them if they was such a giant threat? me thinks not ... Besisre, all of what you've said is actually quite normal for war, sickening isnt it?

fact is, people will die on both sides but the US have the men, tech and power to destroy iran if they so please.

I really hope it doesnt come down to any war though, I really do.
edit on 3/1/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Geneive Adbo had this to say about Iran's sabre rattling of late:

But Iran is not begging for a military confrontation. It’s recent aggression is due, in fact, to its fear of a pending military attack. My sources inside the country say the circle of regime insiders around Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei truly believes an attack is inevitable, perhaps even before the U.S. presidential election. Therefore, to save face at home and in the region, Iran’s saber-rattling has reached a fever pitch.

In order not to appear weak in light of the pressure coming from the United States, Iran is determined to show it maintains the upper hand, which it tries to demonstrate through its military exercises, threats and hostile rhetoric. But such behavior, which Iran believes demonstrates its strength and some in the United States view as aggression, should not be misunderstood as Iran provoking the United States to launch a military attack.

Entire Article

In other words, he simply believes that Iran has to talk tough to keep up its reputation and hubris as being the, once, great Persian Empire. According to Adbo, Iran feels that the U.S. and allies will attack regardless and has to show strength in the time of such a threat.

I guess we'll see how his theory pans out when the current carrier is relieved and the the relieving carrier goes steaming into the Persian Gulf. I really do not think Iran will carry out its threat to sink a U.S. carrier. If anything they are strengthening the resolve for sanctions against them without any vetoes from China, or Russia.

It seems to me that there are two schools of thought at battle within the leading ranks of Iran, on one hand you have the Hawks who want to launch a pre-emptive strike on Israel and/or block the Strait of Hormuz, on the other hand you have the conciliatory bunch who want to invite inspectors into the nuclear facilities and get the sanctions removed to ease some of the strain off of the economy.

One thing is for sure, the UN, US, and EU are not going to back down and they will carry through with stronger sanctions. We'll see who wins out at the end of the day in Iran.

edit on 3-1-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

In other words, he simply believes that Iran has to talk tough to keep up its reputation and hubris as being the, once, great Persian Empire. According to Adbo, Iran feels that the U.S. and allies will attack regardless and has to show strength in the time of such a threat.

this analysis is correct, I believe ...

Putting it short, and taking off the gloves in doing so ... they're terrified and attempting to do a "Saddam Hussein".

I'd really call all their thought processes as a "Saddam", because that is exactly what he did.

The gun is on them, has been for quite a while ... and the US, along with their allies has the following agenda.

1. Secure the oil, so that the oil will first start to "end" in the middle east.

2. Secure Israel as the major state over the middle east.

3. End all the regimes, and put the states into turmoil that it was prior to the english arrived. That will ensure the islamic states won't rise to power, and will squibble between themselves.

Of course, if you confront the US/EU with the above, they'll denied ... but any moron, with half a brain should realize that this is exactly what they intend.

Iran, has only option ... die ... the US did draw their soldiers from Iraq, because they intend or plan, an attack. This way their soldiers are not on the ground, when the battle start. Wether the battle starts today, or wether it is going to be mere "Israel" doing target-hitting on Iran as they did with Iraq, and sabotage, is not an issue.

If Iran is "smart", they'll GOAT the US into a war. In reality, US can't fight a war forever ... it'll devestate their economy beyond recognition. And Europe, which is a slave state that answers all US calls. Is also, losing everything in their vague. If Iran and North Korea, really wanna win ... start a war. Because the only thing the sanctions will do, is cause deaths of children and poor people, which the US and allies will use as propaganda to show how badly Iran is treating it's people. It is going to be the same thing all over again ... Saddam isn't thinking about his people ... and in the end, they'll just come in and kill Iran leaders, just as they did Saddam, and just as they did Ghaddafi, and as they will do against anyone ... obeying and complying ... that is only postponing the inevitable.

Face reality, and fight ... with endurance, and watch the US and EU starve to death ... that is the only winning stragedy ... but Iran leaders, nor any muslim leaders in the middle east, neither have the balls nor the stragedy to win this game.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah this is a direct threat :

They really are stupid to say things like that.

Dam, I never thought I would see the day they completely fell on the dumb stick.

Not that I like Obama but he probably fell out of his chair laughing when he seen this news. I would have to send them a late Christmas gift in the form of five battle groups straight up the gulf.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It was very interesting to read that China (and India) insist on deeper discounts for Iranian oil, reducing Tehran's income.Probably because they're the only customers left; also worth noting that China reduced their Iranian oil imports by half for january. So much for an ally sitting on an abundance of Dollar reserves [i assume Iran and China still trade oil in US Dollars?]
No way that such an important powerhouse is willing to sacrifice its precious soldiers on iranian soil. Remember that China actually has a professional [volunteer] army, no conscripts, they actually suspended the call of duty, like they do over here in Europe. The only thing i see them doing is selling one of them dodgy anti-ship missiles and make a few bucks.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Its very worth mentioning..so strange how i never see any of this on mainstream news. All i hear is how bad iran is, but not much else..when i see how much alt news there is out here i start to think that the regular news is the conspiracy and the so called alt news nearer the truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You can laugh out loud if you think it is proper to do so but over 1,000 US vehicles have been destroyed in Iraq many by non-military technology created by patriotic Iraqis who did not want the US to occupy their country because Israel gave the orders.

The RPG-7 is 1950's era. An American soldier, sailor marine killed by a RPG-7 is just as dead as one killed by the friendly fire of the most sophisticated weapon or given by the US to Israel and sold to Iran by way of the black market.

Here is a video of destroyed US tanks put together by a Russian, I guess.

If you think over 4,500 Americans dying in Iraq was funny you must have thought 58,000 dying in Vietnam was a comedy6 show an are looking forward to more Americans dying in Iran for Israel.

Originally posted by irontyrant
reply to post by bluedrake

LOL, their missile tech is so 1960s. I hope they don't get too encouraged. The Germans were developing anti-radiation missiles in the 1940s, the U.S. used them to good effect in Viet Nam. Iran has a fifth rate military that is only capable of harassing its own citizenry.
edit on 3-1-2012 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
Why did the carrier left the gulf in the first place, because of those war games? Did they really got nervous because of those trainings? didn't want escalation?

Historically they keep the carriers staged away from the conflict so the air squadrons can not be detected till its to late. They may not even put one in the Persian gulf until they know they have air and sea dominance. I know both times we had one carrier sitting in the Red Sea bombing Iraq, so they can sit far away and still wield their big stick. Our new littoral ships will have a field day in the Gulf sinking these Iranian boats. Hell our subs can sneak in there and wreak havoc if they want too.

Our Navy will simply fight its way in while the U.S. Air Force obliterates the heavily defended targets in the north. I also would not put it past Saudi Arabia to jump in and lend a hand with their F-15s.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hey Patriot - meet another patriot.

Maybe you can go and visit him and talk to him about war and how powerful the US military is.

I am not sure if he can talk though because a primitive country full of people you seem hate because you were brainwashed to fired a primitaive weapon at his convoy and caused him a life-long injury.

Is there anything patriotic about fighting a war that has nothing to do with the safety of the US and is being promoted by Zionists who donot care about Americans as long as they keep sending money to Israel?

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by Foppezao
Why did the carrier left the gulf in the first place, because of those war games? Did they really got nervous because of those trainings? didn't want escalation?

Historically they keep the carriers staged away from the conflict so the air squadrons can not be detected till its to late. They may not even put one in the Persian gulf until they know they have air and sea dominance. I know both times we had one carrier sitting in the Red Sea bombing Iraq, so they can sit far away and still wield their big stick. Our new littoral ships will have a field day in the Gulf sinking these Iranian boats. Hell our subs can sneak in there and wreak havoc if they want too.

Our Navy will simply fight its way in while the U.S. Air Force obliterates the heavily defended targets in the north. I also would not put it past Saudi Arabia to jump in and lend a hand with their F-15s.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

The tank may be dead but I guarantee everyone in that tank walked away unharmed. That's the beauty of the Abrams tank. The whole munitions supply can cook off in the back and the troops inside will be safe as can be. When help arrives they will unlock and come out. Most of the deaths in Iraq came from letting our troops run around in Hummers. When we built and deployed Strikers in record time the deaths dropped dramatically. That's American innovation.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Iran wishes to unveil it's now fully functional deathstar....muahahahahah

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You missed a couple of big ones. In just the last few days over the holidays the US sold Saudi Arabia and UAE major proprietary military aircraft and technology. Can you say air space granted and refueling access points?

Look for a strike any moment - literally any moment. iowa Caucuses provide a nice distraction and are a srewd way for Obama to steal the GOPs limelight.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949

Maybe you can go and visit him and talk to him about war and how powerful the US military is.

I am not sure if he can talk though because a primitive country full of people you seem hate because you were brainwashed to fired a primitaive weapon at his convoy and caused him a life-long injury.

Is there anything patriotic about fighting a war that has nothing to do with the safety of the US and is being promoted by Zionists who donot care about Americans as long as they keep sending money to Israel?

Say what? That's some serious babel right there. Iran has a lot of U.S. blood on its hands and I say its time for some pay back. It doesn't have a dam thing to do with Israel. They attacked our troops in Iraq so its game on.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
International waters. Iran has no authority nor juristiction to impose limits on who, what, where, why, or when any vessel can occupy those waters.
edit on 3-1-2012 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I just wish the dang kids would quit playing before someone gets their eye shot out.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

As always, Iran is making more grandiose but empty threats. They KNOW what will happen if they fire on one of our carriers. They Cannot win a war against the USA, few if anyone can, even of our allies. Any direct attack against one of our vessels that has clear right of passage. Iran does not have the authority to decide who can and cannot enter the gulf, that is established by international law.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hope the Zionists are reading your comment so they know their brainwashing dollars have not been wasted.

Wait a minute that is my tax dollars given to Israel so they can spend it on creating propaganda to convince American Christians to die for Israel.

American soldiers were only in Iraq because the Zionists told the Bush administration it would be a cake walk - it wasn't.

How many wars do we have to lose before you are convinced to not advocate for the next one?

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by BRAVO949

Say what? That's some serious babel right there. Iran has a lot of U.S. blood on its hands and I say its time for some pay back. It doesn't have a dam thing to do with Israel. They attacked our troops in Iraq so its game on.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Propaganda garbage, once again

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by irontyrant
reply to post by bluedrake

LOL, their missile tech is so 1960s. I hope they don't get too encouraged. The Germans were developing anti-radiation missiles in the 1940s, the U.S. used them to good effect in Viet Nam. Iran has a fifth rate military that is only capable of harassing its own citizenry.
edit on 3-1-2012 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

aircraft carriers are 40's tech with 21st c. radar. so they have them beat. aircraft carriers are slow, easy to spot and track and have no counter measures to 100 cruise missiles aimed at them.

iran has cruise missiles, upgraded with chinese and russian hardware.

if just one lands on the runway, the whole ship is useless since it won't be able to launch or land jets.

they should move them just to save the taxpayers the billions of dollars in aircraft and equipment.

edit on 3-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

No countermeasures to 100's of Cruise missiles aimed at them?
1) Yes they do have a whole series of layered defense-in-depth to protect the carriers. and..
2) they have cruise missiles true, but 100's? and all able to launch on a single target in a coordinated strike? ROFLMAO... you know NOT of what you speak.

Iran's missiles are export variants of obsolete Chinese missiles which in themselves are rip-offs of obsolete Russian 1950's era Missiles. The current versions are "ADEQUATE" to get through the simple defenses of some smaller combat ships and capable of hurting Civilian ships. As to US ships? one or two MAY get through and it could happen. Not too likely.

And you are not all that understanding of just how ASMs operate. "Hitting the airport?" Iran's missiles are not advanced missiles with selective attack modes like terminal pop-up and dive, etc... They come burning in low on the water aiming for the center of the radar blip on it's on-board guidance system. This means any hit will be along the side of the vessel amidships above the waterline. Not on the "Airport" as you call it. It's called a "Flight Deck" By the way.
Most of those ASM's have warheads big enough to punch a hole in the side and stat some fires. kill a few dozen sailors. take out the carrier though? No.

And this is NOT rhetoric on my part. I was US Navy. I was an Electronic Warfare Systems Operator (SLQ-32) and served aboard Cruisers AND Carriers. This includes having been to the gulf several times and transited the strait many times. My primary job was Anti-ship missile defense. My job was to know the capabilities of their missiles inside and out and to know how to defeat them. There are missiles in the world that do give us nightmares if we were to ever have to face them. Those missiles are NOT in the Iranian inventory. That is NOT to say we can just brush off any threatened attack by ASMs from Iran. that would lead to a disaster. All I am saying is that any attack on an "ALERTED" US Navy would be suicidal folly on Iran's part.
And they know it as well which is why this is all bluster on their part as nearly everything of theirs has been in the past.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join