It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran military warns US aircraft carrier away from Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by irontyrant
reply to post by verschickter

Really? Radar was invented by the British in the 1930s, you must be joking. The home-brewed,unlike the British Still-brewed Chieftain,technology is tragically old school. They are still trying to get nukes now in the 21st Century. The real world powers had them six decades ago.

South Africa had nukes back in the 1960-70's, does that make them a true super power today?

They might not have the latest technology but that does not mean the US should ignore their threats.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The Iranian statements maybe bluster, may be reckless, but don't take the government and military statements and posture on the WorldStage to be the Iranian people.

The people of Iran are ready and willing to be free of the current regime in Iran. The religous rulers in Iran run Iran...and they have control at every social level. It's hard to be an Iranian.

Iran has a very high percentage (higher than any other Middle East country) of well educated public. They know, understand and like the freedoms they see in the free world, and believe me...they want freedom.

If we start a conflict with Iran, it will have to fight us on the edge of Iran, and their own people from within.

I don't know if that's a good thing. I do know...we didn't help when the Iranians first revolted for freedom, and any chance they see, to take control in Iran will be welcomed, even if it's a war upon them.

There may be no better chance for them to take control. This is a fact Iran knows.

The Iranian government, military, and religious leaders have control now.....and they fear their own people. It's not likely, Iran will do any more than bluster...it has it's hands full, and any level of conflict will delay it's aim of nuclear arms. Chaos of war, and chaos in the streets...will crack their hold on power. It's too much too loose, in a war they can't win.

2012 will be a tense year across the WorldStage.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I honestly cannot get into the mindset of those who say "bring it on" or why should we be scared of Iranian threats.

Imagine that Iran does in fact retaliate, do you want the prospect of a family member dying? because the odds are, some people are going to die, and using the score card is a very stupid idea, what is a score card?
"we killed more of them than they killed of ours so we win."

Imagine again that Iran did close the straight of Hormuz, what would happen to your life?
increased oil means increased cost of living, and not just the price of gas, but the cost of heating, food, people stop spending effecting the economy and effecting everyones way of life, crime increases.
we arn't talking Iraq here, this is a large country with many powerful freinds, Nuclear weapons will not be used to quieten Iran as any fallout could easily reach Israel, plus those powerful freinds would also be a little angy=ry if their economies get effected.

So please feel free to encourage war all you like, as long as you enlist and lead from the front rather than hide behind a keyboard and push from behind.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Yeah this is a direct threat :

Iran threatens to take action if U.S. carrier returns to Persian Gulf

Army chief says Tehran will not issue warning to Americans more than once, after Iran monitored U.S. aircraft carrier near a strategic waterway in the Gulf.

Iran will take action if a U.S. aircraft carrier which left the area because of Iranian naval exercises returns to the Gulf, the state news agency quoted army chief Ataollah Salehi as saying on Tuesday.

"Iran will not repeat its warning ... the enemy's carrier has been moved to the Sea of Oman because of our drill. I recommend and emphasize to the American carrier not to return to the Persian Gulf," Salehi told IRNA.

They really are stupid to say things like that.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

reply to post by bluedrake

LOL, their missile tech is so 1960s. I hope they don't get too encouraged. The Germans were developing anti-radiation missiles in the 1940s, the U.S. used them to good effect in Viet Nam. Iran has a fifth rate military that is only capable of harassing its own citizenry.
edit on 3-1-2012 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

aircraft carriers are 40's tech with 21st c. radar. so they have them beat. aircraft carriers are slow, easy to spot and track and have no counter measures to 100 cruise missiles aimed at them.

iran has cruise missiles, upgraded with chinese and russian hardware.

if just one lands on the runway, the whole ship is useless since it won't be able to launch or land jets.

they should move them just to save the taxpayers the billions of dollars in aircraft and equipment.

edit on 3-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Both sides are playing the world for a fool. The globilist run this world though fear.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

imho . . . more than a little sobering.

This is in conflict with another recent report . . . forget the thread . . .about Iran wanting to de-escalate tensions with the West.

Hmmmmm . . . And here I was HOPING that WWIII had been rescheduled further off . . . Dec 2012 or so . . . Sigh.

Ahhhh well . . . may the U.S. Navy obliterate the threats A to Z.

Certainly we could . . . IF . . . the [censored--in the required interest of abetting ignorance and playing nice] in Chief doesn't deliberately order us to play the victim role. In that case, I'd hope some Navy CO's had the cajones to violate the order from above and obliterate the threat anyway. Regardless of their careers. The lives of their men are more precious than the treason from above.

Where exactly is the Carrier, now, I wonder.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I don't think it's that dramatic, aircraft carriers move/operate in battlegroups to counter those "weak" points.

Personally i believe these are hollow threats by Iran. The joke will be on them when the carrier returns and they do nothing.. Politically on the world stage they will fail bigtime if they don't back up their threat.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
They should send 2 back.....

And keep them there.....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

reply to post by bluedrake

LOL, their missile tech is so 1960s. I hope they don't get too encouraged. The Germans were developing anti-radiation missiles in the 1940s, the U.S. used them to good effect in Viet Nam. Iran has a fifth rate military that is only capable of harassing its own citizenry.
edit on 3-1-2012 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

Yea... tech is so 60s... ... until you realize that altho guns have evolved, your body did not... so a 1875 schofield still blows a hole in your head.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I thought the australian was another Murdoch propaganda machine...? I am wrong in this assumption?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't see how they're stupid to say that, I really don't. Iran has every right to tell the US to get the hell out of the Gulf, they have no business being there and given what's going on at the moment this kind of presence by the US is clearly an attempt to provoke Iran into doing something. Iran is a sovereign nation, they can tell whoever they won't to bugger off out of their territory, plus I don't see how this is stupid at all, the US couldn't sustain a war with Iran, no chance, and when you take into account who will join Iran, they definitely have no chance. I don't see how if Pakistan can have nukes, Iran can't, Israel too, I mean most of the ways that the US describe Iran sound like they're literally describing Israel, it's all total nonsense.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Iran has every right to tell the US to get the hell out of the Gulf, they have no business being there and given what's going on at the moment this kind of presence by the US is clearly an attempt to provoke Iran into doing something.

That's the point. When you know they are trying everything to make you attack, you don't do threats like that. You ignore them.

Iran is a sovereign nation yes, but let's face facts, they don't want to be destroyed nor see millions of Iranians die... not to mention the world economy blown to bits because of oil prices.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Iran are playing a stupid game of cat and mouse. If they were ever to attack any US or UK ships in the Gulf they would likely be regretting it for a very long time. Their behaviour is proving very provocative and I don't think they realise how close many countries are to losing patience. I was quite surprised our government here in the UK didn't do more after Iran attacked our embassy a few months back.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

That's a decent point, although it does get to a stage when you are literally bowing down to the intimidation, I think it's important for them to stand their ground and not be intimidated. Obviously the outcomes here are very grim, although it seems like the US isn't leaving Iran much of a choice anymore. Be stood over in your own region by a country dying for war, or try to take every step to prevent a conflict while still refusing to be intimidated, that seems more like Irans game right now. I just wish that the US couldn't go around doing this kind of rubbish, history is not going to look upon them kindly, enough said.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

They really are stupid to say things like that.

Yes. Whoever said this is a fool. Of course they will not attack US carier if it goes back, it is all meant for political games inside Iran and as a typical Middle East chest beating for countries in the area.
But a lot of US people will become antagonised, which actually raises chances for attack involving US military. Which clearly Iran is not interested in.
Stupid games. Playing with fire, literally.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So lets say Iran sinks a carrier. What happens next?
Would the US use a nuke in response?
If so, why would not Russia use one?
It would be all over before it started

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I'm guessing things are starting to heat up, and would be surprised if these remarks do not increase over the coming days/weeks. Especially if the threat that the EU is planning to put an embargo on Iranian Oil continues.

www.businessweek.com...

The EU as I understand it makes up some 16% of all Iranian oil exports, adding that to the US sanctions is going to hurt Iran a lot.. Tho in my opinion it'd be a shot in the foot since that oil goes to Italy, Spain and Greece and that'll only hurt their economies further.

I guess we'll see where this is heading soon enough as the EU is voting on this sometime this month.

France calls for embargo on Iranian oil

France has urged its European partners to follow the US lead and impose an embargo on Iranian oil exports and freeze Iranian central bank assets, as tension with Tehran escalates.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 3/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Actually, the threat is that European countries will not sell refined oil to Iran. Iran currently has no refineries and is vulnerable to an EMBARGO on refined fuel.

edit on 3-1-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join