It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi hackers claim to post personal information of 400,000 Israelis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
BUT, credit card companies says it's only a few hundred.

With all of the same continuing in the U.S., some people might wonder why the "number" is downplayed ?

Usually these incidents bring on an onslaught of insurance ads for "ID theft" insurance !

And just WHO are these Saudi hackers anyway ?

Published 01:40 03.01.12
Latest update 01:40 03.01.12
Haaretz

Credit card companies say list is repetitive and contains details of hundreds, not thousands of Israelis.

Saudi hackers claimed Monday to have released the credit card information of hundreds of thousands of Israelis, after hacking one of Israel's leading sports websites.

A hacker claiming to be a member of the Saudi hacking group, Group-XP, claimed Monday that he penetrated one of Israel's leading sports websites and released the personal information of hundreds of thousands of Israelis.

Israeli credit card companies said Monday that the list is repetitive and only includes 14,000 Israelis.

Hmmm....

The first headline says "hundreds not thousands",
and this statement says 14,000.

Well which is it Mr. credit card companies ?

He wrote that they found the idea of “400 thousand people crowding Israeli credit card companies and banks and complaining their credit card details were stolen, watching as Israeli banks shredding 400 thousand credit cards and issuing new ones,” was appealing.

Credit card companies say list is repetitive and contains details of hundreds, not thousands of Israelis.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I actually came across this a few hours ago.. and from what else I see Anon + related groups are stepping up there game in the past while.

Main content of hackers message:

http:///WaSDNbsE

Oh and they say there are more to come in the next weeks:

http:///1jeR3q5m

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Journey

Thanks.

The links are interesting !

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And just WHO are these Saudi hackers anyway ?

Good question.
I can think of several other countries who would love to hack the izzies before the saudi tribes.
Of course there are not many compani.....errr countries that care to tolerate israel anymore.
Good thing folks are becoming aware of the world.
I really wonder what the "real" angle is on this hack.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Good point.

I would have thought Israeli companies would be more secure.

Unless this info was stored on some bank server in another country ?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Well they even decided to finish off the post with the well known

"We are anonymous, we are legion, we do not forget, we do not forgive..."

Given that, possibly intentions on bettering the world by destroying/exposing the financial security systems.
Possibly as the start of something much greater of unknown intentions
Possibly just to watch the world burn.

They also posted a link to their own website www.alm3refh.com... - However it appears to not be working for me? If anyone can verify that so I know it isn't just me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Journey

Yah,

the site won't load....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Hmm... seems kinda strange! Maybe they already encountered some sort of retalliation??

As far as I'm concerned, WWIII Has already begun in the form of Cyber Warfare.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
According to local media it is not 400000,but it is certainly not hundreds. It is about 15000 from 3 main companies, so 18000 sounds plausible.

"There is no reason for customers to panic, the situation has been contained" major Israeli credit card companies said Tuesday, in an effort to reassure thousands of account holders whose details were exposed on Monday.

www.ynetnews.com...
Although when some organization or country tell people not to panic, i really start to worry.

edit on 3-1-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: oops forhot an important "not" word

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yep,

as we see the number rise..... hundreds, then 14000, now 15000 or 18000.

The panic factor must be huge !

I wonder what target number they want people to see..... 1 million, 6 million, 10 million ?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Glad i don't have any credit cards then. Looks like a good time for Israelis to invest in Lifelock.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The panic factor must be huge !

Sites of credit card companies went down in the morning. Nothing more. I did not check the card today, but will do tomorrow. Better safe then sorry,right?
Two things i found funny
That general security service (Shabak) declared that they are now protecting banks as far as cybersecurity goes. How about letting the banks continue to do it, they did it just fine and it was not them that were hacked. How about good old "if it aint broken do not fix it".
And that even if what heppened was obviously counterproductive to the idea, some used it to actually promote biometric passports because it gives "better security". Yeah.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Username : admin123

Password : 123admin

definitely one the books.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I guess Israel isn't the only place in the region who is full of crooks

Karma is a bleepity bleep!

top topics

join