It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Warfare 3. your thoughts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I somewhat enjoyed the campaign but didnt really care for it. What I really enjoy is just playing survival mode by myself
I die too much on multiplayer.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Graphics aren't everything. And if it's not broke why fix it. Just add some new things to make it interesting. That's exactly what they did with mw3. Been playing it since it came out.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I love it but I like the mw2 maps a little more. If you just accept the slightly inconsistent hits, because that works in your favor too, if you don't take it too seriously, then yeah, awesome fun.

Type 95, rapid fire & hybrid
flash and emp grenades
sleight of hand pro, i forget and marksman
support - vests, sam, recon drone

TIP! I just discovered that if you exit from recon drone the thing will explode, I was flying into people just to mess with them towards the last few seconds, last night i hit x cuz I forgot to just switch with y and boom! Will try to kill mofos next time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
As with the other Modern Warfare games, the campaign mode was stellar. Very epic feeling and even more realistic feeling when you consider today's state of affairs (!)

I am a bit of a crossroads with the multiplayer aspect. When it first came out, it seemed a lot more balanced and even when playing online. I can't put my finger on it exactly, just that matches were a lot closer and evenly matched. Nowadays you seem to get vastly unbalanced teams and the use of much more annoying tactics by the opposition, such as increased camping, panic knifing, grenade launchers etc.
Things like this just seem to have ruined the multiplayer for me, and this is the sole reason I have turned to BF3. I haven't finished downloading it yet (legally), so I have no experience of that yet.

I liked MW2 a lot more than 3, and felt its replay factor was a lot higher. I also prefer the maps on MW2 to 3, I really do. I still have both games so until they release a MW2 map pack for MW3, I have the option of playing back games. Maybe i'm just poor at MW3, or maybe it has been swarmed with idiot players who don't play with any skill or honor, just with cheap techniques etc. By this I am not referring to those posting here, I am referring to the amount of players in game who seem to use these cheap tactics.

That is just my opinion. Slightly off topic, but my favourite ever FPS is MOHAA: Spearhead. I played that game for years online in various clans, competing on clanbase and becoming ranked consistantly in the top 10 clans in the world and consistantly in the top 3 UK clans. Those were the days
Something about Spearhead just made it perfect, nothing has recreated that for me since.
edit on 3-1-2012 by ThePeopleWillRise because: Grammar

edit on 3-1-2012 by ThePeopleWillRise because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki11
I love it but I like the mw2 maps a little more. If you just accept the slightly inconsistent hits, because that works in your favor too, if you don't take it too seriously, then yeah, awesome fun.

Type 95, rapid fire & hybrid
flash and emp grenades
sleight of hand pro, i forget and marksman
support - vests, sam, recon drone

TIP! I just discovered that if you exit from recon drone the thing will explode, I was flying into people just to mess with them towards the last few seconds, last night i hit x cuz I forgot to just switch with y and boom! Will try to kill mofos next time.

X should just manually exit the drone?
It blew up?
maybe a missle hit or frag when you hit X...
Did it happen more than once?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

So,the PS2 is too old and I should get with the age.
When my grandkids' visit me they have to play with
an Atari 7800.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
anyone else still have lag problems or the fact they make better connected players slower on purpose? im a mediocre player( a few rare times ive gotten 20+ kills and thats only on mw2 and black ops) but the its making it worse. i still get to watch the opponent kill me like i was sleeping even though i actually got a few shots off. im not great by any means but playing for an hour and only averaging 5 kills or less a game?

and like said before, the maps arent great. i liked the spots where people could hide and thats not even because i used them! it was fun trying to kill the guy who always would. all the good buildings are in a corner no one goes anyway so theyre useless.

im really beginning to miss black ops and i got so bored of it. at least the wager feature gave you something else to try for. overall bummer

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well haven't played campaign or any thing other than online. Because every things else doesn't compare to the fun of online for me. Mw3 way better than black ops was, for some the reason the game play was awful. Hands down Nothing beats mw2. The one thing I do wish that modern warfare would do is make downloads for new and more accesorys for guns like you can in battlefield. And you can't really compare to battle field to modern warfare, there separate games with different types of game play. It really comes down to killing people or blowing stuff up and driving vehicles. I do prefer modern warfare over battlefield. I find the ways that you can control your player are smoother, which i like, but in battlefield its more like grandtheft auto 4. Which is fun in its self because of all the things you can actualy do and explore.like I said there two totally different games. But it's nice to switch it up once in awhile. But that's just my opinion on online play

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
interesting reading peoples thoughts between mw3 and BO. i got to admit i must be one of the few people who play BO on a wii. is it me or have some of the maps dissapeared from mp on MW3, i have noticed lately that my scores are dropping a lot. i dont know if the wii is affected by cheats or glitches on line but it seems that some players are using something akin to aimbot and 20rds from me does nothing. i have mw3 on order and it should arrive tomorrow , will post my thoughts then

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
this game to me is honestly a mix between ghost recon 1, killzone, medal of honor and the original call of duty.

i've been playing call of duty since I was a kid.
this one is by far my favourite, but it's missing the mini-uzi, the AUG and the FAL, my guns of choice.
so I compensate with m4, mp5 and g36c/sniper.

i'm glad they brought back overkill, but they should have kept marathon, unlimited sprint.

I enjoy multiplayer online more after playing some special ops survival.

it's kind of what I expected for a modern warfare title, especially 3. I didn't want much of a change except for maps.

I like the maps like resistance, underground, arkaden etc...

if anyone plays ps3 multiplayer and likes to camp or play strategically, psn yourmaker74

edit on 3-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Played through the single player in about 5 hours on the hardest difficulty..

*Yawn*

It would be nice to see a challenging FPS these days. The weapons were cool, the online is pretty fantastic, but I miss old school FPS like counter strike. Don't give me any gimmicks, no kill streaks, just give me a weapons load out that includes a dozen or so choices, grenades, body armor and I am good to go.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Played through the single player in about 5 hours on the hardest difficulty..

*Yawn*

It would be nice to see a challenging FPS these days. The weapons were cool, the online is pretty fantastic, but I miss old school FPS like counter strike. Don't give me any gimmicks, no kill streaks, just give me a weapons load out that includes a dozen or so choices, grenades, body armor and I am good to go.

you have no idea how much counterstrike I have played in my life. I might relapse just thinking of it.
thankfully fate intervened and killed my graphics card before it was too late. so I bought a ps3.

if or when I get a new computer, you can bet on me installing that game first though. my fav game of all time along with perfect dark and ocarina of time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You know there's a new one coming out eh?

www.giantbomb.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ive been a huge cod fan for years. Ive played every one of them and being a fan of first person shooters in general, Ive also played bf 1,2 and 3. MW3 was actually alittle disappointing for me. Given the fact that I liked WAW and Black Ops better than the MWs, I still thought itd be a lot better than it was. I know there was a new developement team involved with this one but they really should have stuck to the cod points for unlocking weapon accessories(like in black ops) and had more options for customizing your soldier. The graphics were almost cartoony and all multiplayer maps were too small. I still like playing it and it had a nice campaign but I hope the next one stays true to the series. Atleast I tried BF3 multiplayer for the first time and now Im hooked. I had previously only played the bad company 1 and 2 campaigns. Ill probably be on BF until the next COD comes out and now that Ive played BF Im really hoping they add vehicles and still manage to keep the fast paced run and gun, point stacking action that I play for. Id also highly suggest that if anyone has played both mw3 and bf3 thats bored with both to try out crysis 2 multiplayer. Its alittle bit sci-fi for a military shooter fan but it plays like cod with a good change of pace as far as perks like temporary invisibility and armor with customization of weapons(silencers, laser sights).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Almost forgot, I liked spec ops a lot but still wish theyd put zombies in the MWs instead of just being exclusive to waw and black ops.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I really liked the campaign part of modern warfare 3, it wrapped up the prior two games just nicely. It was written really well and it felt like I was sort of playing a movie. The little details of the campaign and the graphics were just awesome.

I haven't really played that much of the multiplayer, but from what I have played it is amazing - the LMGs are actually decent in this game and the maps are incredible. My only minor gripe is the quickscoping fools who thing they are solid; but they can easily be countered.

Last, but not least, is the spec ops section; I haven't bothered with the missions part of the spec ops, my attention has mostly been focused on the survival part. In my opinion this is a really good addition to the COD series (something I've wanted since I started playing the first one) and provides more fun and entertainment than the Zombies extra of previous COD games

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've never Played the campaign modes on any cod game I am strictly MP...

I LOVE THE GAME!!!! but id say that about all of the Ol Mp CoD games.

Maybe we need an ATS sponsored clan or something to that effect.

I'm sure ill make the cut... No issues there.

If anyone wants to scrape Pm me.
Im on 360 live

we can talk shop and prestige all at the same time.
edit on 3-1-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

The campaign isn't as good as MW2, because it is too easy. Online play is the same. MW3 is LIGHTYEARS better than Battlefield 3.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well I know you said not to respond if I haven't played it but my son has played it and I am against him playing it.

And this is why......

Here at ATS there is a lot of talk about how War is wrong and corrupt........but these same people think there is nothing wrong with playing a game that promotes war and decensitizes the human playing the game.

We are what we think, and we become what we choose to feed our minds on.

I know I know let the hate brigade begin........because you would rather deny this FACT then acknowlege its relevence towards you.

We should think of ourselves as robots, because everything we see, touch, feel becomes an experience in which we store and relate information to later. So becareful what you expose yourself to.

JUST THINK ABOUT IT!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've played cod since the first one came out. I used to like playing on PC but I moved to 360 instead after cod2. I think cod lost its way after modern warfare because cod4, mw2, and mw3 are all basically clones and a recycled game with a few new perks and new maps. black ops is alright. I liked the mw3 campaign but it seemed too easy and ended pretty quickly. i like bf3 better because of the number of unlocks, the vehicles, and the size of the maps. also pretty cool weapon choices like the mortar. good for taking out tank whores or camping snipers. awesome campaign, too
edit on 3-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join