It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah holy hell! this is nuts here in scotland

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Ha, down here ( i'm quite close to ghent ) it wasn't that bad. If you looked at the weather man frank he was pretty nervous about the one we are gonna get tonight. His never nervous -_-"

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

ha!yes....
and Frank promissed to keep updates on his website and so far he hasn't.... not sure what to expect tonight.
He said 'don't park your car under a tree...' winds will be 105km/h (think thats about 66mph?)....
I live in the woods in the 'Kempen' north of Antwerp near the dutch border. The soil can't keep up with all the rain, one more day like this and the water will come inside..... and the trees are shaking like I've never seen them do before. (I can only hope that if one falls it will fall away from my house :/ )

Didn't you get the hail storm yesterday? around 18.00h?
edit on 4/1/2012 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Nope, we didn't had any hail. Like i said we where lucky! I parked my moms car away from the tree's though. I checked his site and no updates what so ever. Its actually really hard to get any updates on this.

Stay safe !
edit on 4-1-2012 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
good time to charge up your wind turbines

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hi Guys

We are (Switzerland)getting right now our next Storm and this is even stronger then the one we had 3 weeks ago, and it hits us right now with Wind Speed of up to 170km/h in same Regions!!
An A-380 had to cancel his landing approach due to massive turbulence and choose to land in Germany.

I am at work and the wing blows against our windows and you can hear the cracking and pushing..Stuff flies around outside and it gets even stronger now. They said by afternoon it should reach its highest power

I could feel it driving to work today, my Car was shaking and stuff flying all over the place.

Stay save guys...this just ain't fun!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
good time to charge up your wind turbines

On the contrary - I believe they have had to shut some turbines down because the wind was too strong!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by neversommer

I am at work and the wing blows against our windows and you can hear the cracking and pushing..Stuff flies around outside and it gets even stronger now. They said by afternoon it should reach its highest power

I could feel it driving to work today, my Car was shaking and stuff flying all over the place.

Stay save guys...this just ain't fun!

Indeed it can be quite scary. I live in a solid stone house but it still kept me awake most of last night - at one stage it sounded as if there was a machine gun firing huge pellets of hail at the bedroom window. Living in a hilly area with land erosion plus collapsing trees and walls, it's a worry. Whoever said they wanted more of it is an idiot, sorry. Maybe they would like to swap places with those who died, who were injured or whose homes were damaged. Plus the many without power. As for the 'cyclical' argument - there is cyclical and cyclical. I'm 61 and have never experienced this - not so much of it for so long. 2011 was full of weather records being broken. We have to wonder what's in store for the rest of 2012

edit on 5-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Stay safe and warm my friend, my prayers go out to you and yours safety. I've been in 100mph+ winds here in the valley years ago, last night it was -34 degrees with no wind and is was a little cold even with North Face Gear! Please tell me you have a emergency kit with fixings?

Any good scotch? It'll warm you up for a minute but wouldn't depend on the length of that affect...
Have any good pics of the wind's effects on your surroundings.

BTW, when I drove from Anch to Wasilla earlier this winter on the Flats, as we say, the wind gusts were around 85-90mph and the pressure inside my Z71 truck pushed out my rear windows and broke and cracked them, replaced now, but scared the living stuffing out of me, next time I'll have to take video. A few years back in front of the towns lake, the wind was so strong it was pushing and sliding vehicles off the main roads, even tipped over double tractor trailers. For you that don't know it's a semi truck with two trailer loads.

Again good luck, and stay warm,
edit on 5-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added some info

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Weather Warning

Thursday 5th January

YELLOW WARNING of WIND

Gales are likely to continue through this morning across much of Northern Ireland and around Irish Sea coasts.

Gusts will reach 60mph, occasionally as high as 70mph around exposed coasts and also during heavy showers, before winds progressively ease from the northwest later this morning.

Valid until 1300 Thursday.

Flood Warning

Thursday 5th January

There are flood warnings in force in the following regions: SCOTLAND (14), NE ENGLAND (7), MIDLANDS (1), WALES (1).

Thursday 5 January Published at 10:08

www.bbc.co.uk...-uk-content

Well it seems theres more to come folks, button down the hatches and stay safe ma fellow scots!

ill try and upload some pics and videos i took later on as im on my phone at the moment!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join