It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor/Fireball seen over southern NJ!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
Did it look like this?

Because that is the QUADRANTID METEOR SHOWER:

I can't speak for anyone else... but what I saw looked nothing like that at all...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andboycott

I'm not sure which direction I was facing... Orion's Belt constellation was behind me

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

No, it wasn't that far away. It was close, maybe 3 miles from where I was standing and it was BIG

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhillmoose
reply to post by andboycott

I'm not sure which direction I was facing... Orion's Belt constellation was behind me

Orion at that point was to the southwest just a bit... so if it was at your back you would have been facing northeast...

It did take a turn toward the northeast when it "exploded" and began leaving a trail before disappearing from my sight... but again... it didn't seem nearly high enough in the sky that it would have been able to have been viewed by as many people as great a distance from one another at pretty much the exact same time nor did it seem to be covering enough ground to have moved over all those areas within the allotted time frame...

I was really hoping someone would have come up with something more conclusive by now or there would have been a report about it somewhere in the media...

The funny thing is that as I stated last night the temperatures really dropped dramatically right after that... and yesterday morning my daughter texted me around 8am to tell me that traffic was tied up everywhere due to the accidents from the snow... I thought she was kidding because at that point I'd only been asleep for like 3 hours and it hadn't been doing anything and the skies were crystal clear when I'd been out last...

I got up and went outside to smoke a cigarette and there were about a dozen crows flying around cawing like crazy and flying into each other... I probably should have taken some video... but the naysayers would have just come up with some "fireworks" or "Chinese Lantern" reasoning to dismiss it anyway...

The other thing I've noticed late at night that I'm not saying is related but I find peculiar and haven't been able to pin down what it is or where it could be coming from is this faint sound that almost reminds me of gears that need oiling turning slowly... kind of has the pitch of a squeaky door if it were taped and played in a loop...

Anyway... hopefully someone will figure out what it was or come up with some security cam footage of it or something because I am an avid sky watcher and I've never seen anything like it...

Might sound a bit out there... but at this point with all the crazy crap that's going on... maybe a "dry run" for "Project Bluebeam"... LOL...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join